Ajp pr7

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Tiago, Sep 30, 2014.

1. mtbdemon

mtbdemon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Love the looks of this bike, but have yet to see or hear of being street legal in Oregon. I have seen a few posts from Co or Wa. Is this hard to get licensed here in the states. Also, there is an Oregon Dealer listed, but they really don't deal in the bike and knew very little. Thanks

PS I do LOVE my 620/640 Adv!
  2. ERU

ERU Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Many thanks guys.
  3. neoday2

neoday2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Question for the group- how did you register the bike to get plates? I’ve never bought a new bike before- any issues registering a PR7 to get plates? I am in MN.
  4. Brett737cap

Brett737cap Life is short... leave with no regrets.

Oddometer:
  5. Brett737cap

Oddometer:
    It was easy in Virginia, although I did it at the start of the Pandemic when all the DMVs had just closed and all that was open was the contractors for the DMV, so I think I might have benefitted from a bit of confusion on their part. I filled out the title paperwork and took the Manufacturers Statement of Origin in, and walked out 10 minutes later with a title and plates. They didn't even want to inspect the bike. The fact that the MSO does not say "off-road use only" anywhere definitely helps. If you have to have yours inspected to get plates, definitely remove the sticker that says Off-Road use only. Good luck!
    neoday2 likes this.
  6. zodillyicous

zodillyicous Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did. Took a long time to get Thork. Got V4 loaded and happy. Haven’t been able to get to mountains to test altitude running which gave me issues. Hopefully fixed but will not know until spring. Connect via teamviewer and then he goes to work. I have everything needed and told him I could help others. I would suspect you can mail ECU to me and then I setup a time with thork to load and ship back.
    hockeyrick and Brett737cap like this.
  7. zodillyicous

Oddometer:
    WA state is easy. Dealer throws on turn indicators and plates it for pickup. I got mine used but dealer did. I drilled out the fairing months slightly to fit normal indicators.
    rvsparky likes this.
  8. Brett737cap

Oddometer:
    Sent you a PM
  9. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Hockeyrick

Oddometer:
    Hey Zodi, are you saying you can do an update? Tried to PM you but wouldn't go. I ave not had success either-PM me or send me an email if you can
  10. Apo

Apo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am waiting for my AJP PR7 and I am wondering if for this bike I should stick with the setup I've been successfully using on many trips on my previous 690 and now on my CRF450L and FE350 (Mosko Moto Reckless 10 plus a Kriega R15, enough storage for camping trips including enough good old french wine so I don't mind the the tarp and lack of chair) or if I should get the new Reckless 40 and finally get rid of the backpack. IMHO, the R10 on the bike and a backpack for "hardcore" trips is ideal, but when it is not enduro style, with some paved roads, all the weight on the bike is more comfortable.

I know the new Reckless 40 will be sold out real soon, so better to make my choice before I get the bike…

Anyone has pictures of the PR7 with the R10 and/or the R40?

I am pretty sure the R10 will fit nicely, but I wonder about the R40… I really don't enjoy wide or high luggage setups…
    I only saw pictures of the R80 on the PR7, but that is out of the equation for me (I don't even have enough stuff to fill it anyway: I won't even use the Stinger 8 of the R40 if I get it…).
  11. zodillyicous

Oddometer:
    IMG_4753.jpg
    Reckless10. Fit is good except stock straps are too short to fit. Had to splice in some others. Previous owner used reckless40. I have seen others using 40 for a few day trips and 80 for longer.
    Apo, Rotax655, NicKel78 and 2 others like this.
  12. zodillyicous

Oddometer:
    I have the $140 cable to connect to ECU and load maps. Thork is required to remotely login and do the actual map loading. No idea in the program they use and don’t have a copy of the map (besides in the ECU.). I am happy to help but everything would need to go through Thork. I would guess shipping my cable around or shipping your ECU to me would be quicker and cheaper than Portugal.
    rvsparky likes this.
  13. Apo

Apo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you!
    I ordered the new R40 but I will probably also use my R10.
    Quick question: why do you install your R10 so far on the rear?
  14. zodillyicous

Oddometer:
    I have a rear rack and I’m a big guy. Let’s me use the whole seat when needed and take the seat off without adjusting bags
    rvsparky likes this.
  15. sbn

sbn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Curious to know if anyone are using the mosko moto nomad/nomax tank bag the pr7. How does it fit on the bike and are you satisfied with the bag for this particular bike.
  16. ghostridergary

ghostridergary Trying is the first step on the road to failure.. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Today......”we’re pleased to advise that your PR7 is about to start its journey to the UK. The import process is taking a little longer than normal post-Brexit but we expect it’ll arrive within 2 weeks”...... woo-hoo!!!!!
    Tenerrod, roookie1 and DLS01 like this.
  17. derekdeadend

derekdeadend Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am thinking about buying one of these my dealer was supposed to get 2 last month and something happened with shipping and he still doesn't have them. yesterday he said he still doesn't exactly know when. I wonder if this means they will be showing up in the US soon as well
  18. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    Have people been starting/riding these in the cold? I just went out into my garage - 40 degrees - and spent five minutes with the charger getting it to start. THEN it started, and woah man! It idled up to 5,000 rpm and just kept going. I was uncomfortable with the revolutions, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt to see if it would settle down. After 5 minutes it was auto revving at about $3,500 RPMs. I took a video, flame thrower and all. Is there any manual adjustment on this efi, or do I have to reprogram it?
  19. DLS01

DLS01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, but don’t recognize your issue. Did not have an empty battery though.
    Your dealer should be able to help you (with your questions) I guess.
  20. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    My question: Is that the "normal" cold start rev routine? After a lifetime of being told never to rev a cold engine, 5,000 rpm got me really worried. I was going for feedback from other owners on their bikes cold start revs and any concerns.
    P.S. battery has been continuously hooked to a Battery Tender since I rode it last month. There's just not enough juice in the lithium battery for cold days. I read someone's comment about the 2021 having a much stronger battery.