Ajp pr7

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Tiago, Sep 30, 2014.

1. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    Any chance the cable you have is a Tactrix cable? I've got one of those for my Tacoma.
  2. zodillyicous

zodillyicous Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep. Tactrix openport 2.0
    ere109 likes this.
  3. DLS01

DLS01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok, I have a 2021 so battery comparison does not make sense.
    No 5000 revs here at start up.
    ere109 likes this.
  4. Mr.oQo

Mr.oQo n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey folks,
    first of all, greetings from Germany :)
    I am trying for over 6 Months now to get my hand on an used PR7 here in Germany but the market for used machines is absolutely extinct -.-
    Has somebody an useful contact for me where to buy an used copy of this dream machine?

Does the 2021 Model add this much value that I should consider buying a new one?
  5. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for clarifying. Yes, the '20 has a lithium battery that literally doesn't have enough juice to start the bike in cold weather - hence the new battery in the 2021. Would you mind snapping a picture and/or letting me know what model they're using? The 21 also has a new ECU for the fuel inject, so probably resolves the cold start issue, as well.
  6. DLS01

DLS01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    lithium battery BSLi-04
    Got it from their Facebook announcement

The ECU in the 2021 cleared the snappy throttle everybody talked about. If it also helps better start up I don’t know.
    ere109 likes this.
  7. DLS01

DLS01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  8. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    Do you have the part number for the updated battery support? Colorado dealer hasn't gotten any '21 stock, so not sure they have '21 parts yet. Maybe it's available elsewhere online.
  9. Packer

Packer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Scotland, wonderful biking when it's dry (rarely)
    As I understand it the Lithium batteries don't like the cold, hence the post above about turning on the ignition which in Eorope means the headlights come on too, the load warms up the battery which then has enough power to start the bike.

Worth a try at zero cost. I've fitted a lithium battery to my S10 and expected this problem with the cold weather we've had in Scotland, -10C over night a few times. Once warmed the battery cranked the 1200cc mill no problem.
    ere109 and roookie1 like this.
  10. Brett737cap

Brett737cap Life is short... leave with no regrets.

Oddometer:
    I have the Nomad which I have used on my 1200GS for a few years now. I tried it on my 2020 PR7 and did not like the fit. The PR7 has such a narrow fairing up front and the Nomad is just too big. It got in my way when standing up. I also tried an older wolf man small tank bag and didn't like it either. I was considering going for the Mosko Pico bag, but decided I just don't want a tank bag on my PR7. For day rides I just strap the Mosko tool roll to my rear rack and I wear a small backpack with whatever else I need.
    IMG_6346.JPG
    overlander, Rotax655, sbn and 2 others like this.
  11. Brett737cap

Oddometer:
    I get that problem too sometimes during multiple tries to cold start. Usually a problem when cold-soaked below 40 degrees. Whatever you do, do not touch the throttle when trying to start it or it will do that every time. Even without touching it, it does it sometimes. I shut it down and do an ECU reset (key on 1 minute, key off 1 minute, key on 1 minute and then hit the starter) and that gets it back to normal.
    ere109 likes this.
  12. Brett737cap

Oddometer:
    Oh man, I am jealous now. I have considered selling my 2020 to buy the 2021. Are you liking the Athena ECU? Are those ridges on the saddle uncomfortable or do they just help keep you from sliding fore/aft without affecting comfort? What is the new tablet they are using? I got rid of the crap tablet on mine and put a GPSMAP 276CX in its place. Is the lighting any better?
  13. DLS01

DLS01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have not ridden in the dark yet.
    Tablet = Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Up till now it worked fine. Sunlight on it sucks and wearing not the right gloves too. This asks a bit patience from my side and stop for safety lol.
    Saddle is great. 0 complains. Comfortable all day this far.
    ECU cleared the on off response people wrote about. On my demo ride I experienced it too. All gone and now slow in traffic or so is easy. Makes me feel in control of the throttle.

27472D0E-28A4-4F5D-8096-0E8EE1EF266B.jpeg
    I use the Giant Loop tankbag. Fits great and being able to zipp it half to flip it over to get gas is a big + for me.
  14. sbn

sbn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I see you have the power kit on the 21 model. Feel a lot of difference compared to stock? Hows the sound :D
  15. DLS01

DLS01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I didn’t try stock. And yes, children who ask to pull the throttle get a treat. Quite enjoyable. May look for something softer for traveling later. I am not sure how other countries respond to a Doma on/off road.
    Tenerrod and sbn like this.
  16. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    Tonight I installed a homemade accessory wiring and charging harness - similar to the Eastern Beaver, but made using wires I had laying around.
    PXL_20210308_045515081.jpg

I still haven't started installing turn signals, but I found this very interesting plug under the rally tower that looks like it could house turn signal plugs. Can anyone confirm?
    PXL_20210308_044259684.jpg

Attached Files:

17. saltyD

saltyD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ere109 likes this.
  18. saltyD

saltyD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ok -- while answering the above question, I note this: http://www.ajpaustralia.com.au/wiring-harness-c1298

Oz-spec PR7's are road legal with blinkers etc. Note there's a separate blinker harness (item 8).
    ere109 likes this.
  19. zodillyicous

zodillyicous Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Blinker relay is on the left side by your knee under cover. One on far right/back. My US version had it. The pictures plug is similar to obd but not.special cable/software to interface with it.
    ere109 likes this.
  20. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I saw a relay while that cover was off, last night. There was also a second - empty - relay base. I wasn't in the mood to trace wires in the dark, but hope to solve it before long - with pictures to help others.