Ajp pr7

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Tiago, Sep 30, 2014.

1. MisterXch

MisterXch Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. Brett737cap

Brett737cap Life is short... leave with no regrets. Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Gary, I think it’s the same speedo as on my 2020. Here is the link to the Manual for it:

https://kosonorthamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/DB-01R_EN_IM_comp.pdf
    OB1UK and ghostridergary like this.
  3. ghostridergary

ghostridergary Trying is the first step on the road to failure.. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Brett737cap likes this.
  4. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    I finally got the right connectors for the turn signals, installed an led flasher relay, but nothing happens when I activate the signals. I've verified ground, but not getting any continuity from the other two wires. Is there another fuse or some extra step I'm missing?
    Thanks

EDIT: I believe I've discovered the issue. my turn signal housing has three wires - black, red and yello. However, the AJP diagram shows only red and yellow - and a two-prong flasher relay. I bought a three-prong. Back to the store.
  5. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
  6. Xolo92

Xolo92 AJP PR7 en Español https://t.me/ajppr7spain

Oddometer:
    Hello Everyone, I waiting my AJP PR7 for this month, I sold Husqvarna FE450 I hope happy rides with this new Motorbike
    BergDonk, Brett737cap and roookie1 like this.
  7. Brett737cap

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately I have found, on my 2020, this kind of poor quality control is par-for-the-course. While I love my PR7, there have been numerous small problems like that, that it came with from the factory. Mine was missing several bolts that hold the radiators on, so that one of the radiators was only hanging on by its attachment to the outer fairing. There was also a relay that wasn't properly secured, it was just hanging by the wires, and it must've been swinging around enough that the contacts touched the frame and I had a total short and the bike died while riding off-road.
    ere109 likes this.
  8. Xolo92

Xolo92 AJP PR7 en Español https://t.me/ajppr7spain

Oddometer:
    Oh My GOD, I hope the guarantee has been well
  9. Brett737cap

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately I can't tell you how well the guarantee works as there are no dealers anywhere near me, (I had to drive 8 hours one way to buy the bike from a dealer) so I do all the repairs myself. Hopefully you have a dealer not too far away from you. That said, they really are wonderful bikes to ride, just a few problems but nothing major so far. Welcome to the club!
  10. docwyte

docwyte Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, that sucks. The dealer network isn't great, the closest dealer to me is ~3 hours one way. Honestly I think that's one of the largest drawbacks of the bike...
    Brett737cap likes this.
  11. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Hockeyrick

Oddometer:
    I feel ya. I have an '18, and I do love it BUT the finer little things make me miss my Honda and their complete thought out process, good thing I can make up for what they overlook or skimp on
    appleseed, ere109 and Brett737cap like this.
  12. makazica

makazica Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Testing the pr7

I like it...
  13. zodillyicous

zodillyicous Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For those not on Facebook… USA importer stated 21’ shipment are about a week out today.
  14. Apo

Apo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We have good riding yes ;)

It is the Pico Tank bag, the fit absolutely perfect and it doesn’t move at all! You really don’t notice it while riding, even aggressively.

I guess the little one from Enduristan will fit well too, but the zippers are not that good. The little one from Giant loop (diablo I think) is also nice on this bike (I saw pictures), and it is a little bit more roomy, but it is not easily available in Europe.
    Brett737cap likes this.
  15. Brett737cap

Oddometer:
    Finally got the rear brake fixed (lubing the caliper/pad retaining pins stopped it from sticking) and got the PR7 out for a good ride yesterday.

IMG_8196.JPG IMG_8203.JPG IMG_8204.JPG
    appleseed, ADV67, roookie1 and 3 others like this.
  16. Apo

Apo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice ride !
    Is that the Giant Loop Klamath Tail rack pack on a 3dmoto rack? I already have the rack but I am pissed by the zipper on my Enduristan Tail pack, so I am considering the Klamath. Are you hapoy with it? Could you send us a picture of how it fits? Thx!
  17. Brett737cap

Oddometer:
    Yes, that's the pack on the 3Dmoto rack. Its ok as far as size and closure method, but the attachment method sucked. It was two stiff velcro straps that threaded through slots on the underside of the pack. They did not hold it well on that rack at all. I ended up throwing those out and using 2 Voile straps, which hold it much better. I put them over my tool roll. Overall, like I said, its just an OK pack.

I have not found a really good tail bag that I like, and I don't really like tank bags or riding with a backpack. I'm actually thinking of designing my own tail bag for dual-sport bikes, since most out there suck. Something with a little more capacity and pockets, that has a better attachment system, and that can hold a hydration bladder would be perfect.

IMG_8237.JPG IMG_8239.JPG IMG_8238.JPG
  18. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    This is perfect timing. I started doing tail bag research this week, so I can get it on the list for Father's Day. It seems like this should be a no-brainer: a waterproof tail bag with tool storage and adequate pockets - that mates with the attachment points on the stock tailrack. I'm also wondering if there's a spot around the handlebars to attach a tool roll...
    I got excited about the Kreiga OS-6, but it's a roll-top, meaning you'd have to dump everything out to access a tool (although a tool roll might help that.).
    https://kriega.com/adventure/os-6-adventure-pack

I'm in Colorado, and it turns out there's a guy in-state that makes this bag, which looks interesting, but doesn't seem to feature the same attachment points.
    http://www.dirt-bike-gear.com/rfb.html

Wolfman use to make an "Enduro Tool Bag" that looked nice, but it seems to have been replaced by the "Peak Tail Bag."
    https://wolfmanluggage.com/collections/tail-bags/products/peak-tail-bag-wp

This Nelson Rigg looks interesting, but doesn't say anything about waterproof.
    https://www.nelsonrigg.com/motorcycle-luggage/dual-sport/rg-025-rear-fender-bag-detail

EDIT: After staring at options for HOURS yesterday, I narrowed it down to the Kriega mentioned above and the Enduristan XS Base Pack. I chose the Kriega because the Enduristan doesn't seem to have functional attachment points above - no way to connect another bag. Otherwise, it had a nice mesh top for holding things...
    https://www.enduristan-usa.com/products/xs-base-packs?variant=37374819336370
    Brett737cap likes this.
  19. Brett737cap

Oddometer:
    Once you've used the Kriega a bit, DM me and let me know how you like it. I am also a bit reluctant to use a roll top bag. I don't like digging stuff out from the bottom. I think a double-ended roll top, like the Mosko duffles, would work better.
    ere109 likes this.
  20. Capitaz

Capitaz n00b

Oddometer:
    Very nice !! Could you pls share how you have your garmin mount set up ? Thank you!