Ajp pr7

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Tiago, Sep 30, 2014.

1. webmonstro

webmonstro A Aventura Continua....

Oddometer:
    Maybe the same as husky 630
  2. Brett737cap

Brett737cap Life is short... leave with no regrets. Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I could be wrong though. Its rare, but it happens. :lol3
  3. Brett737cap

Oddometer:
    I didn't see the Husky 630 as a selection on the Rekluse website. But, I could've missed it....
  4. jredford

jredford Ninja Racer

Oddometer:
    yah I looked too, it’s not there.
    Brett737cap likes this.
  5. Crash217

Crash217 The short guy with a beard

Oddometer:
    Perhaps the clutch plates cross over to something else? If so, it would then just be a matter of figuring out clutch pack thickness with the rekluse insert installed. It’s possible it’s not listed simply because they’ve never been asked to make one or had one in the shop to do measurements on.
    jredford likes this.
  6. 970

970 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello,
    1st post.
    Just brought the 2021 PR7 home today and it looks like there is no spark arrestor.
    Can anyone recommend one? I reached out to Doma and am waiting to hear back.
    Brett737cap likes this.
  7. zodillyicous

zodillyicous Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Heard the us importer had some not long ago. I did the Moto fisch one and had worked perfectly
    Ohio_Danimal and 970 like this.
  8. Brett737cap

Oddometer:
    I have a 2020 (same exhaust) and just bought some metal screen at Home Depot and cut it into a square and bent it to fit into the exhaust opening. Seems to work fine. I haven't started any fires (that I know of) yet.
    970 likes this.
  9. 970

970 n00b

Oddometer:
    Mine was ready from the dealer on 7/29/21. Part of the delay was waiting for the certified VIN & DOT.
    rvsparky likes this.
  10. SDA

SDA n00b

Oddometer:
    I just received my 2021 PR7 and I’m in a mad rush to get it ready to go to Montana. I need to log a quick 600 miles on it so I can do 600 mile service and it just occurred to me that I don’t have valve shims!

I’m guessing that a Husky dealer is going to be the most accessible place to buy engine parts.

Is the latest rendition of this engine in a Husky the 2011 TE630?

Does anyone know if the valve shims are the same as my 2021 engine?

In case the Husky dealer fails me, does anyone know the valve shim diameter on the 2021 PR7 and a popular model bike that uses the same diameter shims?
  11. zodillyicous

Oddometer:
    They are 9.5 for the older ones. I’d assume the same as the engine hasn’t changed. I ended up using 9.48 as that was I was able to source quick. No issues. If there is any hard cold starts open the exhaust valves to end of spec. .1 intake and .15 exhaust from ajp manual. .1-.15 and .15-.20 from SWM/husky
  12. Gedrog

Gedrog 1000 mile stare a 1000 stories to tell

Oddometer:
  13. ptgarcia

ptgarcia Make America Great Again!

Oddometer:
    Have you checked with Hot Cams?
  14. zodillyicous

Oddometer:
    No. I wanted to get done over a weekend and called around to all the local dealers when needed. Bought what they had and since there haven’t been any issues just use them again when/if needed.
  15. SDA

SDA n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks all for the insight.
    I suppose this is already known by the rest of the owners here but, in case not, I noticed during my search for valve shims that AJP engine part #s are the same as those listed in the Husky TE630 parts list. The only exceptions I’ve noticed are parts which are no longer available from Husky. Oddly, two of those Husky discontinued parts is the clutch cover and valve cover gaskets.
    Having starting riding in the 70’s, when Huskys were common, I was surprised at how hard it was finding Husky parts. To my knowledge, there are only three Husky dealers in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and two of those are new dealers with virtually no parts on hand. I had already ordered oil filters from one of those new dealers, in hopes that the Husky part was higher quality than the HiFlow filter that is readily available, but it’s been four weeks and I still don’t have a Husky filter so the valve shim procurement really had me worried as I need to be ready for my Montana trip in just five days. So I called Malcolm Smith’s dealership in California. I ordered all the shims close to 2.00 mm and about 20 other spares and they had everything except the parts that Husky has discontinued. They shipped the same day so I am saved.
  16. TroopThrowback

TroopThrowback Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I guess that means Malcolm Smith’s love for Husqvarna is more than just legendary…
    hockeyrick likes this.
  17. TexasSteve

TexasSteve n00b

Oddometer:
    funny, i'm in Grapevine, and planning on getting a PR7. You beat me to it. Need to sell an enduro bike, and get off my butt. Q: Do you think you'll need valve shims after only 600 miles?
  18. SDA

SDA n00b

Oddometer:
    From what I’ve read it seems there is a good chance that no adjustment will be necessary at 600 mi. service but seems silly to take it apart without shims on-hand.
    State inspection, registration and title was no problem. Only hiccup was you need your dealer to fill out the odometer disclosure statement on the back of the MSO or an odometer disclosure form with the dealer’s original signature, even though it is a brand new bike.
    This is my 1st dirt bike since my RM125B (45 years ago) when I was 16 so it’s really a trip! I’m afraid the street bikes are going to sit for awhile.
  19. zodillyicous

Oddometer:
    Previous owner didn’t check after breakin. When I got at 3k miles I checked. Both exhaust valves were a little tight and intakes were good.
  20. TroopThrowback

TroopThrowback Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you on this page? Anybody know her? IMG_8445.png
    Crash217 and BergDonk like this.