Ajp pr7

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Tiago, Sep 30, 2014.

1. TexasSteve

TexasSteve Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i think i'm in line for one. Couldn't put a deposit down because dealers don't know who's getting how many, msrp, etc. Hello AJP! Details would help dealers, would help buyers!
  2. 970

970 n00b

Oddometer:
    Great homework.
    Thank you.
  3. Apo

Apo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SEARCH NO MORE : THE QUEST IS OVER !

74EEFDA8-6A7D-4916-9DB6-50B69BAAF880.jpeg
  4. roookie1

roookie1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. BornAgain

BornAgain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You've found the pot of gold:clap
  6. 970

970 n00b

Oddometer:
    Can any explain the reset procedure for the injection system after reinstalling the battery?

The owners manual states the following:
    After installing the battery, or replacing any fuse, do not immediately start the engine. You must always preform the reset procedure on the injection system to prevent engine malfunction.

Page D20.
  7. zodillyicous

zodillyicous Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I never had to do myself for battery but have for other things. Maybe just lucky.

For Delphi / pre 21’ models:

Key on 1 min, key off 1 min, key on 1 min, and start without touching anything else
    ErGuss likes this.
  8. ghostridergary

ghostridergary Trying is the first step on the road to failure.. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi All

I have a 2021 PR7 with power-up kit/ Doma exhaust fitted by the factory; I also have the original end can.

I read somewhere that you can put the Stock end can back on (in place of the Doma, but leaving the power-up kit header pipe) to reduce the noise level but that it still should work OK. Just wondered if anyone had tried it and what it was like?

Also pleased to say that the PR7 coped well with its first "sling-it-down-the-road-at-25mph" off - couple of scratches on the exhaust but the Cycra Pro-bend handguards took the brunt of the damage; not sure the original Acerbis ones would have been as effective - so the motto is...... make sure you have good handguards!
  9. OB1UK

OB1UK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had to replace the battery on my PR7 when I first bought it (I foolishly hooked it up to a standard charger and killed the original). I never did a reset procedure. Everything seems to work fine.
  10. motranqui

motranqui Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi there

Just join the group by buying this machine, the "full power" one. I'm from Spain, so I apologize for my english

IMG_7244.JPG

Yesterday first ride at a quiet pace (the bike is new... ). First impresion: engine and ECU es 100% OK (no jerking... perfect, from iddle all the way up). Even the bike can run at idle in first gear and, if you open a little bit the throttle the bike speds up smoothly. No jerks at all.

BTW, The Doma muffler is not loud for me (and I'm not deaf :lol2 )

Suspension is OK, brakes is OK. What have not pleased to me at all is the wind protection. My own experience is that the wind screen makes not a good work and I even think that it would be more confortable to ride witout it. Have you experience the same?

Said that, I would like you to help me :-)

-Is there any link where I can learn how to use the tablet? And, more important, how can I take it apart from the bike for, let's say, to put a SD card inside?
    -Is there available in the market a shorter gearshift?
    - The wheel rims in my bike have no rim lock (not even the hole to install it). Is it normal?
    -Talking about Euro 5 regulation, four years from now, when I'll have to pass the inspection..., is it enough to change the muffler and exhaust? My dealer has not give me a, let's say, "Euro 5 ECU" to replace the current

Lots of question, I know... sorry :-)
    970, Camarodude, BergDonk and 2 others like this.
  11. Modzso

Modzso n00b

Oddometer:
    Welcome!

The tablet in on an AMPS bracket, you just need to unscrew 2 bolts and disconnect the electric connector then you can get access to the holder.
    The holder has 8-9(?) screws (Philips).

I received mine with rim locks.
  12. motranqui

motranqui Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OK, thanks for your help!

BTW, the housing of the tablet has this connector, which gets 12V directly from the bike. Does anyone know what type of connector it is?

concector.jpg

IMG_7285.JPG
  13. zodillyicous

zodillyicous Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's just USB power- Should have a built in adapter to output 5V.
  14. DLS01

DLS01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congrats with the bike!
    I switched to original and had 0 problems. The small reduction on power was hardly noticeable by me. Well, I did not notice it. Sound is much more friendlier to others.
    I switched back to the Doma because it sounds so much better. And the sound of a 1 cilinder with Doma makes more people raise their thumb than the other to raise finger.
    ErGuss and motranqui like this.
  15. motranqui

motranqui Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OK, it makes sense :beer
  16. roookie1

roookie1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you keep the pressure at 20 psi and higher, rim locks are not needed..
  17. ghostridergary

ghostridergary Trying is the first step on the road to failure.. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks - I like the sound of the Doma as well, but it is a bit loud if you are trying to be stealthy.... so maybe I'll give it a go and keep it as an option when a more subtle rid is required!
  18. TexasSteve

TexasSteve Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hoping for a bike by Christmas. But according to AJP USA, they haven’t left Portugal yet. Sigh. And according to AJP themselves, graphics aren’t changing for “2022”. Sigh. So the next batch coming will essentially be a carryover over 2021 bikes, just called 2022 models? Which is what others have said. Changes every other year.
    rvsparky likes this.
  19. motranqui

motranqui Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi

Where did you buy the side racks? Could you show pics where we can see how are they fixed to the bike?
    Anyone else has info about side racks? thanks
  20. motranqui

motranqui Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi

Can you show us how you have fixed the backpacks to the motorcycle? Stay in place even while driving off road?