1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Want to buy Akrapovic silencer / db Killer

Discussion in 'Bike Parts and Accessories' started by rodzghost, Sep 20, 2021.

1. rodzghost

rodzghost Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a silencer/db Killer for my Akrapovic exhaust. Bike is a 2007 F800S.

Here's what's printed/stamped on the back of the exhaust:

MS-B88O1H-L
    e1 0623
    E24 92R-000021

I checked akrapovic's site and it doesn't look like they offer this part for sale any more.

Thanks!
    Rod
  2. Thunder-dog

Thunder-dog Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. rodzghost

rodzghost Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I do have some pops on decel, but not sure if I'm throwing sparks out the back. In any case, that costs more than the silencer, but thanks anyway!
  4. rodzghost

rodzghost Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bump.

Official part number is V-TUV005, just in case someone removed theirs from a similar Akrapovic exhaust.
  5. PaulBarton

PaulBarton Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's not really about whether your bike is "throwing sparks out the back" (although that is what's intended to be prevented). The spark arrestor is "required" for usage on any Forest Service/Federal/state lands. Typically any non-stock exhaust is subject to inspection which involves sticking a clothes hanger type rod into the exhaust. If the rod doesn't come to a stop within a few inches it doesn't meet the requirement and you are subject to fine and having your ride end. The spark arrestor linked to above allows the akro pipe to meet that requirement. That is one of the pricier options...there are DIY ways of meeting the requirement.

If your exhaust is "open" then it would fail this inspection. You may or may not get "selected" for inspection...
  6. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was able to get an Akra insert for my 9T from Revzilla in the event you are unable to find one from an inmate.
  7. rodzghost

rodzghost Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I saw that too, but I'm trying to be cheap since I personally don't mind the sound. It's more so I don't piss off the neighbors when I go out early morning/late night.
    DirtMerchant likes this.