Akrapovic's Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Numn, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Numn

Numn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was just told by a dealer that the Akrapovic Exhaust (600.05.099.000) will only be available to order for about 3 more weeks, after that it will be disccontinued. I was also told that one can expect to wait 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. Has anyone else heard anything about the Akrapovic's being discontinued? Is KTM replacing it with something else? Anyone know where there is a set available?
  2. Renazco

Renazco Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer:
    For what bike?
  3. Numn

Numn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, listed the part number but not the bike -- 950 Adventure.
  4. Renazco

Oddometer:
    That's interesting but I never been one to believe the dealer either.
    KTM has a strong relationship with Akrapovic and if any of this is true it could be that they're shopping for better prices, I mean Akra's are not the most cost friendly.
    Well at least you have Remus if all else fails..
  5. HardCase

HardCase winter is coming

Oddometer:
    I ordered a set of Akras for my 950 back in early May, was told by my dealer that they were supposedly backordered until June 8 at which time KTM-USA was going to receive a shipment of them and that they'd be available shortly thereafter. I was skeptical at the time, but gave the dealership a deposit and crossed my fingers. Lo and behold, on June 18 my Akras arrived and yesterday they were installed. I don't know whether that means anything in the context of Numn's question relating to possible future deliveries, but it did seem that KTM-USA had, as of a short while ago, some Akras available for delivery to dealerships.
  6. Numn

Numn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ordered my Akra’s today. Dealer told me that KTM-USA told him that they are still accepting orders for the Akra’s but will only be doing so for a couple more weeks and recent orders have been filled within a couple of weeks. I don’t know if the Akra’s will no longer be available or if it’s just KTM-USA will no longer import??? In fact I really don’t know if it’s true that KTM-USA is going to stop importing the Akra’s. All I really know is that mine are on order and hopefully show up in a couple of weeks and I wanted to share with those that are contemplating Akra’s that they may be more difficult to get a hold of in the near future.
  7. kirkmoon

kirkmoon Making up for lost youth

Oddometer:
    It may just be that the exclusive deal between KTM and Akrapovic has expired and that going forward they will be sold through standard channels. It doesn't make a lot of sense that Akrapovic would stop manufacturing them altogether since they have already made the up front investment in the product. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

They are beautiful cans. Hope they don't disappear.
  8. Renazco

Oddometer:
    That sounds about right with me too. I just can't see Akra stopping the press on a pipe they can sell favorably, I mean after all they spent a lot of R&D time on this thing.