Akropovic-Sebring-Leo Vince

Discussion in 'KTM 950/990' started by viatormundi, May 10, 2006.

1. Venteuri

Venteuri I don't give a shit

Oddometer:
    I need Wings!
  2. JOKER650

JOKER650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Riding 2-track on a warm day u can still hold your bare hand on the mufflers.
    On the pavement on a hot day u can stop, keep the engine running and hold ur hand anywhere on the WINGS for as long as you like...they do not get hot:deal
    My swing arm does not get hot anymore
    My rear brake resevoir does not get hot anymore.
    My right leg does not get hot anymore.
    Side bags DO NOT MELT

$950 cdn for a set of 2
  3. lc8john

lc8john Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 on wings!
    I've leo's in my and very happy with them, but for more 100€ i'd take the Wings NOS just for the looks :evil!
  4. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    My blacksmith, Smithy 1, cored out the catalytic converter (main source of heat) on my stock can. Now converted to two-into-one, so single can.

[​IMG][​IMG][/

No rediculous heat anymore. Baffles still there for quiet running and back pressure. Because two-into-one, the single can now balances out the engine, so No rejetting!. NO BACKFIRING. NO SURGING. QUIET. BUMPER PROTECTION FOR FALLS (don't you hate when you crash on your carbon fiber Wings?)

$40. But a problem. No bragging rights or poser points for the can.
  5. JOKER650

JOKER650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If ur good enough u don't fall down :lol3

Poser rights ????
    With the WINGS on and different needle in the carbs I was able to pull away from another SE bought 2 weeks after I bough mine, on the hi-way in a 6th gear roll on from 80Kph. Numerous bike lengths ahead in about 500 feet. Ended up he was in 5th and I was in 6th .
    The wings are instaled for function ...not "Bling". What is this, the "Tumper" forum?:csm
  6. woodside

woodside Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you know if the quiet inserts are in or out? I have the LeoVince's on my 990, definitely louder than stock but unless you are up in the rpm's they don't seem obnoxiously loud to me. If you bought yours already installed you might check for the inserts. I haven't taken my inserts out, but I would imagine they would be too loud for me.
  7. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    Yeah, yeah, yeah! I've had pretty fast bikes over the years. Most have been way faster then I was capable of handling.

The SuperEnduro is faster then most mear mortals, straight out of the box. I will agree that the weight and heat are an issue with the stock cans, but performance is not. Sure, you can make the bike even faster, but at what cost? I'm presently getting close to 40 miles per gallon with this high performance bike. What do you get with your re-jetting?

Again, if you have the money, and want more stupid performance from a bike that already is a military grade jungle assault vehicle, then feel free. And those wings sure look purty!

By the way, the dyno charts on these $950 cans is not very impressive. Maybe your friend doesn't know how to ride?:lol3 :lol3
  8. GoNOW

GoNOW Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. emelgee

emelgee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Leo's seem to get louder when they've got a few miles on them. I used a set for about 10k miles on my 950 and by the time I changed the bike they seemed a good deal louder than when new. If yours have been on the bike a while they'll probably need repacking.
    Even new they're loud pipes - with the baffles removed they're rediculous.:rofl
    Met a bloke yesterday running Remus cans with the baffles in - the bike sounded nice.:D
  10. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've had Leo's SBK for some time, they will not need repack because all internals are stainless.
    They are loud... without the insert, otherwise throaty.
    + you get that nice new H-crossover, "junction pipe" so if at some time you want to modify your stock Crossover for a Two into One (That's the Current Rant) you can and still keep ride'n while your in process.

I have to say, all you list are nice products.:thumbup
  11. WIsixfitty

WIsixfitty rock and roll the bones

Oddometer:
    Lotsa good feedback!!!! Spanks.

good stuff.

I am fairly certain the inserts are in mine as I can easily see what looks like a 1.125"OD capped off tube inserted in about 8' or so.

I do see perf and will assume a fiberglass mat pack is behind it so it may very well need re-packing. I will for now burn on some down turned elbows to direct this sound downward on the outlets.

I am thinking of finding a set of oem cans and opening up or removing altogether the catalyst section. Or remove the complete internals and wrap it in a lighter weight aluminum body. I typically make my own silencers and exhaust but that takes time as I have this burning desire to ride this bike till my butt bleeds. :eek1 :lol3 :wink: :1drink

Anyone wanna trade?
  12. JOKER650

JOKER650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    45mpg 2-up with wifey and bags.
    Tag................ur it :lol3

13. Paulzilla

Paulzilla Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have Akrapovics on my 950. The baffles have been removed. I don't like how loud they are. I've shopped around for Akrapovic baffles and no one sells them. Is there another way to tame these bad boys? A spark arrester insert would be great. Any suggestions?
  14. Joe

Joe Debaser

Oddometer:
    I run mine (akra's) with with FMF spark arresters, the only thing you need to do is elongate the bolt hole in the tip to make them work....and it will make them about 25% quieter which I think is a little more acceptable as apposed to without the baffles (which I save for special occasions) :gdog
  15. Darwinf

Darwinf Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am also running the FMF spark arresters in my Akra's. The spark arrestor's were a really tight fit for my Akra's, so I did a little flat filing around the aluminun flange of the arrestor to make them fit perfectly. Although a bit on the loud side, in my opinion it is a happy medium between inserts in or out.
  16. pburke

pburke Talks more than he rides

Oddometer:
    which FMF arrestor are you using? part number or what muffler is it usually used in?
  17. Paulzilla

Paulzilla Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darwinf
    I am also running the FMF spark arresters in my Akra's. The spark arrestor's were a really tight fit for my Akra's, so I did a little flat filing around the aluminun flange of the arrestor to make them fit perfectly. Although a bit on the loud side, in my opinion it is a happy medium between inserts in or out.

which FMF arrestor are you using? part number or what muffler is it usually used in?

Yeah, what he said.
  18. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    dudes... just click on my sig line below to hear a good clip of what the Leo's sound like under load!
  19. Darwinf

Darwinf Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. pburke

pburke Talks more than he rides

Oddometer:
    sweet - 60 bucks and I won't set the woods on fire :super