Akropovic-Sebring-Leo Vince

Discussion in 'KTM 950/990' started by viatormundi, May 10, 2006.

1. Airhead

Airhead More human than human

Oddometer:
    I have Leos installed on my '05 950. They are loud without the baffles, but not unacceptably so (and only when you get on the throttle). Construction and aesthetics are good, especially given the price. I did find them to be a PITA to install, though. The fit between the midpipe and the subframe tabs is extremely tight, and the right can hangs lower than the left (not just on my bike...many people have this problem). The cans also just barely clear the Givi rack I have on my bike...only by a few mm on the right side.

Still, I have about 10,000 miles on them, and they have been great. I did rejet...my gas milage is in the low 30s now, but the throttle response is outstanding.
  2. mookymoo

mookymoo Mookish Mook

Oddometer:

It's not carbon fibre, but this is what you're looking for
    http://www.ktmtwins.com/950adventure/ktt-fancap.html
  3. kulturide

kulturide Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i have LeoVince SBK on my 950 adventure, they sound very good, deep & throaty, i used to have this on my Transalp too, if you're ridding under 4000 rpm they are very "street legal" if you twist the wrist they sound badass
    that is why i like them, i used to have LeoVince X3 on my XT600 (i didn't have the silencer on because the guy sold it to me like that) and it was terrorizing the people on the street, a granny almost fainted behind the bike when i started it once :D
    LeoVince seems like a good value for money deal to me
    of course if you have the dough go for Akrapovic ones, they sound like hell on earth if this is what you're looking for :evil
  4. alexisan

alexisan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

I am also looking for the right cans for my 990. So far I find the Leo's the best in terms of pricing, sound and look.
    For my taste they are a bit long.
    As I was reading about clearance. Do you think if I shortened the Y-Pipe by a couple of mm (maybe 30) the mufflers would still fit under the bike?

[​IMG]
  5. alexisan

alexisan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    nobody an idea?
  6. kulturide

kulturide Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. Kenbike

Kenbike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wayne at Power tripp showed the results of Dyno tuning a 2009 adventure first with Wings, then they switched to Akro and it picked up 8 hp!. Not sure if it someone on the the site but he was really impressed with the 2 into 2 Akro set up.