Alaska 2007

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Sam Buca, Oct 19, 2006.

1. idea man

idea man Plate Spinner

Oddometer:
    I went through there a few weeks ago and Sally, the guy who said he was Sally (his nick name) anyway, said he would send it to whomever, just let him know where. I think I have the contact info somewhere. He really appreciated having it there once he figured out what is was and the magic it held/holds. (Why do all these bikers keep coming in here....?) I think he was kinda proud of it in a way and kept it in a place of prominence.
    The food was great and the people good, I'd vote for puting it there again next year. On the other hand, it wasn't half full and it could probably last another season there. I'm going to guess cycle traffic slows up a bit from November through April.
    Thanks for puting it in there, whomever is responsible for it. What will happen with the contents once it's retrieved?
  2. AWOL

AWOL Desertsurfer

Oddometer:
    You know what would be cool...if the ADV'er who eventually ends up with the book could scan the pages into a .pdf file (or whatever) and set up a link for anybody interested to download it. That is my suggestion.
    What say y'all?

Attached Files:

3. ericb67

ericb67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was my plan if I picked it up.
  4. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    I third that! I'd love to see my page again, along with those of everyone else who stopped in and signed the book. Who's gonna take care of the Alaska Leather book?
  5. onebaduce

onebaduce .

Oddometer:
    Me three! I would love to see what my scratch says. I was so tired when I signed it from riding 12 hours! I do remember Sally had killer porkchops the night I was there! :lol3
  6. space

space a.k.a. Jake

Oddometer:
    If Eric doesn't get it, I'll be up there mid-Sept. Leaving in a week.
  7. BARB

BARB Long timer

Oddometer:

I'll scan pages and email them to whoever. The book that is here can continue for the next few years-no reason to pick it up. People come in and read it all the time, it's pretty good entertainment. Barb
  8. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Barb. It was great to meet you when I stopped in for the tire for my GS. Too bad you had to leave early. Your employee got a little nervous after you were gone that some non employee was in the back messing with stuff. And you were out of shirts my size. I was so excited about wearing clothing suggesting that more people avoid riding naked. I did get stickers, though.
  9. ericb67

ericb67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was at Alaska Leather today signing the book. Barb had it displayed on the counter. I enjoyed flipping through it and it's not even close to a quarter full. I think it would be cool to leave it there as a check in point for ADVriders!

Also, Barb gave me a lot of crap about my clean riding suit. Don't go in there until you have bugs and dirt all over you! :rofl :rofl :rofl
  10. ericb67

ericb67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I stopped at Sally's yesterday, but they had closed. I missed them by a day. If there are any hardcore folks going through there in October, the sign said they would be back then. Photos to follow...
  11. AndrewAnonymous

AndrewAnonymous Making things worse.

Oddometer:
    still
    fuckin'
    here.

:lol3
  12. ericb67

ericb67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sweet
  13. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    If anyone signs the book on the corner of the Cassier and the Al Can, you might want to signg the one at Panama Bikers in Panama City, Panama.
  14. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    Who ended up picking the books up? I believe there was talk of scanning the pages and posting a thread so we could all look back.
  15. space

space a.k.a. Jake

Oddometer:
    I passed through Anchorage on Sept. 28 or so. I signed the book at Alaska Leather and talked with Barb. I think her plan was to hold onto it for 2008, since it wasn't close to full.
  16. Phreaky Phil

Phreaky Phil Long timer

Oddometer:
    Our Nz Crew Passed Through In Late June And I Signed The Book At SALLY'S CAFE . It Would Be Interesting To Know How Many Have Signed It.
  17. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    I sat at that same table!
  18. H-Jay

H-Jay Mo 2 C

Oddometer:
    Yep! I sat there twice. Once going north and then on the return. Good food but they won't serve dogs.

Looking forward to signing the book in Panama.

[​IMG]
  19. sandiegoland

sandiegoland Adventure Boy®

Oddometer:
    I missed this post back in August. Great feedback and glad to hear it has been received in the spirit intended. When I there to drop it off in June I think I took him by a little surprise, riding up to his house where he was busy under his truck (the waitress on duty said I should ask permission to leave the log and pointed me towards the house). That's when I too learned the secret of "Sally" -- no it's not the pants!! :lol3

[​IMG]

Funny enough though, I think his driveway was about the narliest riding I ran across up there!! (fresh sand fill in spots)
  20. ericb67

ericb67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, technically I stopped at there, although as I said before, I missed them by a day. I had to stop and take a photo.

[​IMG]