Alaska 2011?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by woodly1069, Jul 14, 2010.

1. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Time to put a plug in for the best housing deal in Fairbanks............

See my signature block.
  2. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any one still interested in leaving early June with a return to the Midwest around the 4th of July?
  3. sleazy rider

sleazy rider przemądrzały dupek

Oddometer:
    Heh, my vacation was just approved. June 10th thru July 11th. Detroit area departure with a 3 day layover in New Denver, BC for some riding with friends there. I'll leave New Denver on Saturday, June 11th for Hyder and points north. Prudhoe Bay is on the radar, weather permitting. Also, plan on stopping in Yellowknife on the way back.

I have a niece in Fairbanks at the college that I'd love to stop and see.

[​IMG]

For the record, I am planning on camping a bunch to save $$ for gas and tires.
  4. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Old Dog

Oddometer:

Monday June 6th to July 4th work for you? In Indiana riding a KLR, camping as much as possible.
  5. flaldrider

flaldrider Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking to get in touch with Bobby30223 about Alaska 2011. Drop me a message so we can discuss further.

Mike
  6. Bobby30223

Bobby30223 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    email sent
  7. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
    MotoBoss, I need to leave on the 3rd to meet up with family in northern Illinois and then heading northwest. I don't usually do more than 400 mile days and I will be camping every chance I get; I will be on a KLR too. Depending on your route maybe we can plan on crossing paths and riding thru western Canada and Alaska together! I'll PM you some of the pertinent info...:freaky
  8. Damiano

Damiano damianomigani

Oddometer:
    just relocated to London UK from SouthCal
  9. Schleprock

Schleprock Let's Do This!

Oddometer:
    Been reading around this forum for quite awhile. Just joined, but heading to Deadhorse June 20, departure can slide later, but headed from Virginia to Deadhorse, back down through Seattle and then the miserable trek back across the states. 4 weeks and......990 equipped and looking to get on this train!:clap
  10. leonphelps

leonphelps TAT/Prudhoe Bay

Oddometer:
    Here's my route for June/July 2011. First stop with be Montreal for the Formula 1 race June 10-12, then up to Dust 2 Dawson, then Prudhoe Bay, back down for a short two day ferry ride, then Vancouver Canada, cross the border then across the top of the US back to Connecticut. Going to do a lot of camping, try and keep the hotels to the minimum.

Not sure if I am interested in a riding buddy. I find that it may hold one of us back. I am looking at 600 mile plus days. If I hook up with anyone on the ride thats great, but dont get offended if I bail to go off on my own.

Attached Files:

11. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    Looks great leon! Maybe we will see you up there! What bike will you be on?
  12. leonphelps

leonphelps TAT/Prudhoe Bay

Oddometer:
    Going on my FJR1300.....I did the dual sport thing in 2009 TAT, WR250F.......this is more of a highway trip, with smaller parts of dirt/gravel roads. So I think the FJR will be perfect.