Alaska 2015 (finally) - 6 weeks and 9500 miles, solo

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by 1200gsceej, Jul 23, 2015.

1. sgio

sgio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just read your report. I really enjoyed it and thanks for taking the time!:clap
  2. Gordon

Gordon MC Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well written nicely detailed and great photos..Thanks for the RR. I will be making my 3rd Alaska ride in 2016 leaving Ohio the second week in June if all goes as planned. The ride will be solo so much to see so little time...
  3. MazinguerZ

MazinguerZ n00b

Oddometer:
    Pelase more... Thanks!
  4. 1200gsceej

1200gsceej wanabee overachiever

Oddometer:
    I have been away from the asylum for a while and missed the very nice comments made above about my trip and report. Thank you all; it means a lot.

As to the POI files (see below), I still have them and will extract and make them available.

-ceej

5. 1200gsceej

Oddometer:
    Alaska TourGuide files.
    I have attached the two main tour guide files that I used on my trip. One for gas and the other for sights (that were of interest to me).
    I cannot post the sound files that I used for them; you will have to find ones you like. Suggestion - make them short and not too loud.
    See this link for instructions - http://www.poi-factory.com/node/36539

There are other useful POI files for an Alaska trip on the POILoader web site (e.g. campgrounds, Tim Horton and Starbucks locations, Canadian rest areas, ...)

Attached Files:

SpudMonkey likes this.
  6. Ol Man

Ol Man Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the files. Will use this year.
  7. Turk34

Turk34 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well written report...You take us with you...Thanks for sharing...All details will be useful for me for planning trip in this year...
  8. MotoVentures

MotoVentures Stromaholic

Oddometer:
    Great report with EXCELLENT photos! So glad to see how many National Parks you hit too. Well done!
  9. 1200gsceej

Oddometer:
    Glad to be of help.

Interesting (to me) note on my feelings when I read your replies. I felt envy. You all are going to Alaska! I already went and yet .... This surprises me. After actually planning and going - and it is a long way to ride - I did not expect to ever do it again. Or to want to. But it just came upon me that I could and, under the right circumstances, would. It is so big. Even though I felt like I covered a big chunk of it, there are places I'd revisit, and places that I motored through (slowly) that I would stop a while if there again. And places I did not get to that I still hear whispering to me in the stillness.

So you all go - have a wonderful time - and share with us when you return.
    I will be riding cross country (CA to KY to NC) in May, and will likely ride back to CA from Boston in June.
    -ceej
  10. Ol Man

Ol Man Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Heading North end of April. Six week trip.....just sayin'.