Alaska Bound !!

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Elefant 900 Rad, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Elefant 900 Rad

Elefant 900 Rad Hedley Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rain ?!! You know we're spoiled down here in Southern California, we don't see much rain !!

Yeah, I'm fully prepared for wet weather and cold. I haven't been on a trip in quite some time, where I had to worry about cold and wet.

I'm not gonna let no stinkin' rain ruin my trip !!!

I'm ready to ride with all of you on Sunday !!

Rad
  2. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    That sucks Barb.

I didn't know you had a home there. All of your bikes? Stolen?
    THAT SUCKS!

First the break in here and now that. WOW. Are the police there as worthless as Anchorage cops?

It would be reassuring to think they might find them.

The Anchorage cops really aren't worthless, they are great Begich revenue collectors.
  3. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    ALPHA MALE !

HOOOO, HOOOO, HOOOO......................

You see Friar and I actually ride in the rain on purpose. It is the best way to power wash the riding suit. It's a great trick. 60 MPH spray jets. :lol3
  4. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    [cone of silence] psssst, Randy. When you hear GusGus talking about somebody getting wet this weekend and then he starts hollering alpha male, make sure know where the exit is and you're close to it[/cone of silence]

:jinx
  5. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    :flip :poser :tush
  6. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    thats how my first gear keeps its spring time fresh look:lol3 :lol3

7. dsmitty

dsmitty motorcycle soul

Oddometer:
    Hey There Gang,
    I am in Lake Louise, at the Chateau Lake Louise, my room has a view of the lake...it is breathtaking. I will get pictures soon...

I don't think I will make it there for the 21st?? Although I think I am making good time. I have gone 2100 miles in 5 days, give or take. I am not a big numbers person. But, I think I will hang and get a massage tomorrow. And just out of sheer chance I am running into another biker friend. So, we shall hang and then I will be on my way...

Plus, I can only ride my F3 100 miles an hour. I ride 25 miles in hour in dirt on this pig!!!

My ride has been amazing, only one day of rain, and only plugged in the heated stuff this morning for a short time..

I will send more info in a bit....

Smitty
  8. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    I know where we stand now. Ritzy versus Scruffy old sourdoughs. The Sourdoughs lose!

Glad to hear you are doing well. But to call your bike a pig? My bike is a pig, yours has got to be at the very most,, a piglett.

It would be almost impossible to ride all the way from Banff to here and still make the ride, but I would be pleased to meet you when you do arrive.

Let me know when that is. OK?

Be careful and a message sounds very nice.

For all the others reading, could this be roughing it for Smitty.....................?

:eek1

[​IMG]
  9. dsmitty

dsmitty motorcycle soul

Oddometer:
    Okay, you got me there. But, I am just one of those gals, who can change her own oil or have dinner at the white house. Do I really have to pick to be one way or the other??? I like to say that I am happy getting down and dirty, working on bikes, cars, houses, but I clean up alright too, you could take me home to meet the folks!

So, your right, the Chateau is me roughing it tonight...but for the rest of the trip it will be pringles and camping!!!

I think piglett is more fitting!!

Smitty
  10. Elefant 900 Rad

Oddometer:
    Hey Smitty, so glad your ride is going well so far. I still hope to meet you on the road somewhere in AK !!

Looks like we've got a good group meeting for the ride on Sunday the 21st.

Have a great, safe trip the rest of your way to AK !!

Ride On,
    Rad
  11. Elefant 900 Rad

Oddometer:
    Hey BARB in Anchorage, I hope to meet you. I've heard nothing but good about your shop in Anchorage, from the locals I've been talking to, and from Aaron (Snowrider) who we just met last week when he came through San Diego.

I hope to stop by your shop around Sunday August 28th, or Monday August 29th.

Thanks,
    Rad
  12. Elefant 900 Rad

Oddometer:
    I'm outta here shortly. GusGus, see you in 10 hours at the airport. Looking forward to going deep into the Alaska Bush tonight !! :evil

See the rest of you tomorrow on the ride.

Rad
  13. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    I'll be there and I'll be on time... but I might be a tad tired for the first hour or so. Here's the state of the union at the moment. Started out as routine maintanance.

[​IMG]

Then I got distracted by an obvious direct flooding of the forward carb by the stinking crank case. Clearly a bike that's not meant to be dumped.

[​IMG]

So I put a check valve in the loop. Got 'er back together aaaalmost... and then dropped an 8mm socket down in this cluster somewhere and now I have it all apart again. :bluduh

I know that little bastard's in here somewhere.

See you bright and early.
  14. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    It's 1:15a & the socket is found. She'll be back together and running w/in 45 minutes I'd guess :uhoh See you in a few hours :lol3
  15. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    They lost Rad's bag with all of his gear in it. So he can't make it on time.
    I sure hope all of you check your email and this thread.
    He was told his bag would arrive in Anchorage at 10:30am and then he has to get the bike and drive out to Rancho Gusgus, so I figure 12:00 would be good to meet here.
    I am just returning home at 4:30am after a deep in the bush, architecturally enlightening evening.
    Where were you Vaga? We looked around for a pirate with an eye patch but not a one in there.

So I will see you all later in the day, OK?
    Gusdgus
  16. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    4:30 am ?:huh what run out of ones there on the meat rack:lol3

17. KL5A

KL5A Bugs are the new black

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm.....this from a guy who has in the past mentioned that he's not always the handiest with a wrench?
    :D

I'm sure that it's scarier than it looks. :eek1
  18. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    It was skeery all right... so I went out for a little counseling on the bike this morning. Ripped outa here at about 7/40a and went for an hour scoot. She's a tad moist out there, boys. Like really raining... but that bike goes like helllfire :evil
  19. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Good morning all of you.

The scary thing is the perfect alignment of the floor tools. The perfect pile of screws and then my eyes pan across the bike to the disorganized stuff around. Man, you have managed to find the ZEN of organization in a fully disorganized setting. Way to go grasshopper!

I see it is wet. YES, I see it! But we are still riding, just slower, than we would on a sunny day, right?

Yes Friar, there were more fake boobs in there than I have ever seen , and the girls had them too. But we didn't get there for quite some time since the bag incident consumed alot of time.

So the coffee is on and I sits and waits.
    see you soon.
  20. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    This bulletin just in:

Just tt Randy & his stuff's on a plane that's supposed to arrive at 10:50a at AIA which would mean he'd be at the bike rental place around 11:30 and packing will take roughly 30 mins.

I'd estimate that we oughta be headed for Rancho GusGus at about high noon Anchorage time.