'alaska In May'

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Fireground, May 8, 2007.

1. Fireground

Fireground Parking the engine

Oddometer:
    Posting for someone on an e-mail list who sent the following today:

"Howdy,

My job is sending me to Alaska next week and I want to take my GS.
    Anyone know what the weather and riding conditions are like in mid May
    for the Fort Richardson area?"

I sent him the link to GYN, but if someone could help me start the conversation early, it would be appreciated. BE nice to have some info up already.:D
  2. Phish

Phish Fishbone

Oddometer:
    It might rain, it might be sunny and should be in the 50's, maybe hit the 60's later in May. perfect riding weather. :thumb
  3. MooseKiller

MooseKiller Tripod

Oddometer:
    I have been riding for a month already. Recently it has been chilly in the mornings (33 today), but the afternoons have been fine getting into the 50's. Weather has been relatively dry for the past few weeks, though today was a change.

Alaska riding is pretty simple. Bring your liners and heated gear, gauntlets and lighter weight gloves. If you are prepped for all types of weather, you are good to go. As they say: In Alaska, give it five minutes and the weather will change...

Wassap FG! Hope life in Joo-know is goin' good! :freaky
  4. Paulmer

Paulmer F' this, I'm going riding

Oddometer:
    I always feel like the best days of summer riding are the last 2 weeks of May and the first 2 weeks of June. The weather might be cool(bring polar fleece), esp. in the morning and you HAVE to be ready for rain all the time here, but the sun is usually out this time of the year and the sights and smells are the greatest.
  5. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Read the last post and sure hope your info. is right on, we will be riding AK. that time soon and that was my reasoning for leaving early to beat crowds and enjoy some of the best weather. Buy you a beer at Glacier Brew House a8:eek:o on May 29th. There will be 4 GS's with Texas plates parked out front. Hope to see ya.
  6. Wheeldog

Wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree with the May/June info......"usually" the best weather all summer.:thumbYou gonna make a Valley appearance?:huh
  7. Fireground

Fireground Parking the engine

Oddometer:
    Hmm... helpful info, no mention of hacks, studs, or cozys (?), the inmates must be out riding...:augie
    just lovely... today I got to talk to the Home Dept manager, the Store Director, JPD, and the FBI over $3,300.00+ in missing merchandice :bluduh :becca

happened the day I was out sick; not my shift at the station, it's definitly a night for strong drink.:slurp