Alaska on a BMW K1600 GTL

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by judgebill, Jun 22, 2012.

1. AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well it used to be pretty easy to gain personal information at the DMV from plates, but after a number of unfortunate incidents a few years ago, the DMV tightened up it's procedures.

I suppose if she's cool with her personalized plate being paraded on the internet, I wouldn't worry too much about it!:rofl

Cheers,
    Steve
  2. ClifNotes

ClifNotes Facebook Me!

Oddometer:
    well, let's hope she reads the RR and if we're lucky, she'll setup an account and tell us how she came up with that!

last night, i tried to get personalized plates for BG: "thank you"

but all variations of that have been taken!
  3. GuillermoM

GuillermoM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Clif,
    I definitively agree with you about option “a”
    Hi from Uruguay
    Guillermo
  4. ClifNotes

ClifNotes Facebook Me!

Oddometer:
    GUILLERMO!!!

welcome back.

hey... i heard you "borrowed" a motorcycle today? can you go back and get me one too???

:lol3 :clap
  5. ClifNotes

ClifNotes Facebook Me!

Oddometer:
    201208292139 scdt

the message on the work radio was "envelope might be under mat."

whatever, i thought.

i arrived at the house... beautiful home in a really nice area. lifted the mat, and sure enough, under dirt and dog hair, there was a brown envelope. i was just about to snatch it and take off when the door opened.

there stood neal mcdonough. (at the time, i didn't know his name - but i recognized him from all the movies he's been in, including minority report with tom cruise).

he asked for the package. i handed it to him.

"i'm going to put more papers in here. is that ok?" he started to walk off and when he glanced at me, stopped again.

i was star struck and kept staring at him.

he thought my staring meant i didn't have time to wait for him. "is it alright if i put more papers in?" he asked in a kinder voice.

when i snapped out of it, i said, "yes. yes. sorry, i was - didn't realize it's YOU."

Neal took a sigh of relief and smiled. "oh, that's ok. thanks."

whatever he wanted to put in there took forever. It gave me time to look around his house. He had a plaque that said, "good times. Good friends. Good talk. And laughter."

i took that to be the philosophy of his success.

i think it's helpful to be curious and try and tie together the aspects of WHAT intention, WHAT attitudes bring unlimited resources. And i also thought about this RR and that we are friends gathered here. and we should try to talk and laugh as much as possible.

Another lady came to the door as i was petting his dog. his dog tried to run out the door and she said, "oh, no no. you stay inside."

Neal came back to the door.

"You have two beagles," the lady said. "Oh my, they are really malnourished."

Neal looked down at his brown and white beagles. They were round and bloated like pigs.

"We don't call them beagles here," he chuckled. "We call them BIGGLES."

Neal thanked me for waiting and looked out behind me.

"That's a beautiful bike," he said. YEOW (the yellow loaner) was screaming for attention.

uh oh... now the courier will NEVER leave!

he said he loves to ride bikes, but he made himself stop when he had his first baby. He said he's rethinking it and will try to get back into it.

He said he only likes harleys. I told him that one of our alaska tour rode harleys.

I gave him my info. MAYBE HE'LL COME WITH US ON ALASKA2 TOUR!

summary:
    neal mcdonough believes in good friends, a lot of communication, and laughter.
    megan fox and mr. green believe (apparently) in being appreciative of having "enough" and not hoarding wealth or material things.
    and the famous black musician that had really expensive cars and a beautiful home overlooking Los Angeles... he is kind to "lowly people" like couriers and he just seems really chill - like he doesn't let anything bother him.

SUCCESS... there's a formula for it !

[​IMG]

NEAL MCDONOUGH, PLEASE COME WITH US ON OUR NEXT ALASKA TOUR!!
  6. ClifNotes

ClifNotes Facebook Me!

Oddometer:
    20120829 2203 scdt

now i know i'll be fired soon (i might be already... i'm not sure if they're paying me until the end of the week), i'm looking for other jobs.

i thought about pizza deliveries because i could still ride on the motorcycle.

then i thought - wait, i can't do that! bg overheats all the time!!

then i thought again - whoa, hold on there! an overheating motorcycle is PERFECT for delivering pizzas! it'll keep the pizza super hot!!!

:lol3:lol3 :lol3 :rofl :lol3
  7. ClifNotes

ClifNotes Facebook Me!

Oddometer:
    201208292221 scdt
  8. ChemEng

ChemEng Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So which is it?
  9. ClifNotes

ClifNotes Facebook Me!

Oddometer:
    i don't have bg in my hands now, but i personally think it'll overheat again when i get her back.

being unable to duplicate it does not mean it's not overheating. and when i did try to duplicate it, it was nearly night and pretty cool outside.
  10. ClifNotes

ClifNotes Facebook Me!

Oddometer:
    201208300717 scdt mrml

focus on where you want to go.

i visualized a motorcyclist going through curves to get from point A to point B. and the rider is completely focused.

could it be, that when we're focused, there are no curves? that with focus, the path is straight... and in fact, the curves are the universe bending around us?
  11. ClifNotes

ClifNotes Facebook Me!

Oddometer:
    201208300736 scdt
  12. GuillermoM

GuillermoM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry Clif,
    There was only one available!! LOL
    Let´s keep in touch!!
    Guillermo
  13. fldigger

fldigger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    it's all gone quiet!?!
  14. livewire

livewire Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Maybe he took some Imodium? :wink:

Cliff is prolly on vacay at Bass Lake, it was mentioned in one of his recent posts.
  15. ClifNotes

ClifNotes Facebook Me!

Oddometer:
    bmws are "all gone quiet" when you switch them off.

the buells stay on and their fans blow for a while.
  16. ClifNotes

ClifNotes Facebook Me!

Oddometer:
    :norton :rofl :norton
  17. livewire

livewire Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Someone has "gone back" and did a lot of "editing out".... Wazzup Cliff? Are they coming to get you? :huh
  18. Simplyred

Simplyred No longer active on ADVRider.

Oddometer:
    Why the hack is this thread still dragging on? Can someone enlighten me? :huh
  19. ClifNotes

ClifNotes Facebook Me!

Oddometer:
    Who do you think "they" are?

:eek1
  20. ClifNotes

ClifNotes Facebook Me!

Oddometer:
    personally... i think the thread continues for a couple reasons (among others).

1) i've made a sincere effort after experiencing the joy of motorcycling on the tour to continue riding in my personal life
    2) the readers have made it clear that they'd like everything in one thread - one spot. i can understand that because when i try to follow some threads here, it's hard to follow when there's like 10 - 15 different links all over.