Alaska to Argentina - N69S54A

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by larshoejberg, Jul 6, 2011.

1. hvilla

hvilla Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Subscribed!!! Thanks!!:clap
  2. larshoejberg

larshoejberg .

Oddometer:
    We have been stuck in Moab for more than 2 weeks now! First week waiting for the insurance adjuster and the second for spare parts and repair. Being in dirt road mecca without bikes just kills us. :pep
    Well, easy for me to say, I don't have a torso full of bend ribs. Guess the forced break is pretty good for Lars.

So here's the result of having too much time! :D

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3XD9mbyG4Mg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
  3. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    great trailer...any more? Hope you guys get back on the road soon
  4. Manolito

Manolito Patagonia guide

Oddometer:
    That's great :rofl
  5. QuidProMoto

QuidProMoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That executive producer does nice work! Whats the name of the company? MoabMotel Productions?

Great report!
  6. woodsatyr

woodsatyr Kitty Boy

Oddometer:
    Oh no! Didn't realize you were still stuck there! Maybe I'll see you there. I'll be there Saturday. White DRZ400. Can't wait!!

I'll have my truck so if you need anything, let me know. Post here or pm.
  7. MotrSklz

MotrSklz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome RR!! Glad to hear that you are mending well. :clap

I'm definitely subscribing to this!
  8. FredGarvin

FredGarvin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Originally Posted by FredGarvin [​IMG]
    REALLY enjoying your posts/pics. Let me know when you get into Colorado. I'd love to buy you both lunch and just chat a little. I promise I won't delay your progress at all.

By the way, those were "black bears", even though they are obviously brown in color.

I can't believe I missed you when you were in Denver. I live only 2 miles from that HUGE IKEA store. Oh well. I will be in Arizona in 3 weeks at our winter home. Maybe you'll be coming through there too?? We're south of Tucson.

You would be welcome to stay with us for a day or two to rest and clean up. I'll watch your posts to see if you're going that way into Mexico....
  9. MotoAdventureGal

MotoAdventureGal Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer:
  10. travelintoNY

travelintoNY Globe Trekker

Oddometer:
    Hey guys! Great RR. Sorry to hear about your wreck ... get well soon and get back in the saddle. Hopefully you'll get to continue to enjoy your trip safely.
  11. larshoejberg

larshoejberg .

Oddometer:
    Bummer, would have been great to visit. We are heading towards Tuscon tomorrow and will be picking up some tires there Monday. You guys wont be there already then will you?

Henriette
  12. FredGarvin

FredGarvin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you made it out of Moab, but no we won't be in the Tucson area until late October. I thought you might be spending quite a bit of time in the Grand Canyon area and other parts of Arizona. That would give us extra time to get to Tucson and hopefully hook up with you guys.

Oh well. Hope you're reasonably healed physically and that you have a little better luck on the rest of your trip. Looking forward to reading your continuing posts and pictures.
  13. larshoejberg

larshoejberg .

Oddometer:
    Well, I guess we'll see you then - we're at the "JR Desert Inn". :huh
    Just a few hours ago, we were convinced that the remaining parts would arrive today, so we could continue our journey.
    But . . . . . .
    Checking up on UPS, we learned that the remaining parts won't arrive until Monday :baldy

So, we'll stay here another weekend - guess that's just part of the adventure, right?

I'm just so ready to move on :nod
  14. macrae85

macrae85 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ouch!Found your 'adventure' again.Explains your message.
    Hope you get back on the road soon,should still be in AZ until
    the end of the month if your around,if not,i'd like to come out and
    meet you somewhere-test ride my bike :)
  15. XC Rider

XC Rider Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Hi Lars & Henriette, Denis here, we (my father and I, both on DRZ400s) met you in Moab at Moab Powersports; we were changing out the battery on my dad's bike when you guys came up to check on your bikes and the progress (or lack thereof maybe) of repair work. Found your RR here on ADV rider and have loved reading about your trip to this point. Sorry to hear that you guys are still stuck in Moab, awaiting parts, but hopefully you'll be getting back on the road soon. At least you're getting some good down time to let your bodies heal up after the up-close & personal encounter with the deer!

Wishing you guys all the best,

Denis.
  16. larshoejberg

larshoejberg .

Oddometer:
    Denis,

Thx. buddy, - the same to you. I hope you're having a great time out there. :clap
    I just learned that Angie & Paul - the British couple we told you about http://www.twobikesrunning.co.uk - have finished the TAT and are now in California.

All the best - say hi to your old man from us :wave
  17. nvdesertrat

nvdesertrat Nevada Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    Great RR We crossed paths with you at the top of Grand Teton NP at the Gas Station We were on 2 BMW's A Goldwing and A Harley.
  18. larshoejberg

larshoejberg .

Oddometer:
    Hi nvdesertrat

Glad you like it - I hope you had a great trip. The Tetons and Yellowstone were a great experience.
    Say hello to the guys and ride safe :thumb
    /Lars
  19. danceswithcages

danceswithcages Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm really enjoying reading of your travels here in the States!

I'm sorry about your accident, but I'm happy to here you will be getting back on the road soon. :thumb
  20. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    Nice video work.

I know first hand how it feels to wreck like you did. Same thing happened to me. Guy in front saw a deer and grabbed a bunch of brake. I never saw the deer, and was too close to him. I tried to stop, but couldn't. We both went down, I ended up in the ditch with many broken ribs, punctured lung, broken shoulder and hand. He stayed in the road and had a broken wrist. Not fun. Hope you both are recovering nicely.

When you get back on the road, which way are you heading? If you were passing through central Texas I'd offer to meet up with you.