Alberta ADV riders

Discussion in 'Canada' started by GP640, Oct 17, 2007.

1. bmwf650gsrocks

bmwf650gsrocks Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anybody up for a ride ASAP? Im in Fort Saskatchewan, originally from Newfoundland. Came out here 4.5 yrs ago from Vancouver. Barely put 6000kms on 2008 bmwf650gs last year. This year though, planning on at least doubling that. I work shift work..5 on 5 off type of schedule. Take care!
  2. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    funny, I'm from NL working in Fort Sask right now. :lol3
  3. bmwf650gsrocks

Oddometer:
    haha how long have you been out here? I moved to vancouver in 1994.
  4. R.J.

R.J. split personality

Oddometer:
    PM sent.

5. skibum69

Oddometer:
    I was in Vangroovey summers of '99 & 2000, wandered for 20 years, been living back home for 5 1/2 now. Just out here working 'till April. No bikes out here, I'm still skiing dammit!
  6. bmwf650gsrocks

Oddometer:
    right on man! my wife has gotten me into skiing this year. she's been at it her whole life, but Ive only tried it once 16 yrs ago in bc. went to the ski hill in devon a few times..good bit of fun. i love it now, haha.
  7. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Newfie just South of Calgary if you get down this way :deal
  8. skibum69

Oddometer:
    we're everywhere

spent most of 20 years working in the biz ski bumming around, still trying to get back to it:lol3
  9. bromax

bromax Bromax Supporter

Oddometer:
    High Prairie, but live 20 miles West on a farm. Snow again, 6 feet of snowagainst the machine shed door, could be Jly before i get out.
  10. oscar95

oscar95 Oscar

Oddometer:
    Teotitlan de Flores Magon, Oaxaca, Mexico
    Stop in Gleichen come visit laddies and Ladies. Oscar is always open to company. :evil

Wagonmaster in the "V" crew Here is my New Dero. Not all the Farkles on here yet. :1drink

Attached Files:

cdnabn49 likes this.
  11. skibum69

Oddometer:
    stylie!
  12. bmwf650gsrocks

Oddometer:
    Hi Night_Wolf, sounds good. I will let ya know when Im riding down that way. Go for a cold one or 2 or 3...haha. How long have you been up here?

13. bmwf650gsrocks

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you lived a cool, adventurous life so far. Keep it up!! We only live once right. haha

14. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I was held hostage in Ontario for 23 yrs before finally seeing the light and getting my ass out here in 06. Best move of my life :deal
  15. madjak30

madjak30 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just started riding May 2010...I'm in Sylvan, so pretty close...I just haven't been in here in a while...hopefully we can get out and ride in a couple of weeks (fingers crossed)...I guess I had better get on the tire change, chain clean & adjust before the season starts...

You havin' issues with your bike, or is the mechanical thing a just incase?

We'll have to grab a coffee of sumthin'...

Later.
  16. Ghostpilots

Ghostpilots Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just general maintenance mostly. Good thing about picking up the bike I did is that nearly all of the work that needs doing I can learn myself- or have someone teach me.

And living out in Sylvan is actually pretty good, I live just out of city limits off Hwy 11 myself; so not too bad to ride at all!

What are you riding?
  17. madjak30

madjak30 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm riding a Suzuki GS500. I bought it to learn on, but I am finding that it is a pretty good little bike. I have been looking to "upgrade" this year, but I am having a hard time finding something that does everything this bike does (cheap enough)...I can't even decide what type of bike I want...cruiser, adventure, sport...so until then, I will keep the bike I have...the old air cooled twin is reliable and really easy to work on. It is a basic commuter bike that seems to do it all...a UJM...

I put on about 10,000kms last year and plan on doing more touring this year...need new tires first, along with a good chain cleaning/lube, lube all the cables...I need to order a new tire, and was just looking at a balancer for bike tires...$115 to buy with shipping...the cheapest I could find for a shop to do the balancing was Retro Cycle @ $30 per tire...I wouldn't have to balance too many tires to make that purchase worth it...

As for the mechanical thing...I've been working on cars for about 25yrs or more (depends if you count helping Dad before I had my own cars), so I'm not afraid to dive into the wrench turning...just make sure you pick up a manual (they're friggin' Bibles if you ask me)...

Here's a pic of my toy at the end of the season last year...

[​IMG]

I dropped it a couple of times last year, and the thing still looks pretty good...only had to replace the right front signal lense (driveway drop), the other drop was in gravel so just a couple of "character marks"...

Later.
  18. Luma46

Luma46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello there,
    would there be an Albertan(s) interested in a trip down to Moab, UT sometime in a second half of May? What I a m thinking about is two days going there, two days back and three days riding in the area. I envision staying in a motel while traveling and then camping somewhere near Moab. I am 70% retired so fairly flexible on timing.
    Cheers,
    Luma
  19. Calgary06

Calgary06 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if one can rent the GoPro Hero video camera and/or the Garmin Zumo 5/6 series in Canada?
    Thanks
    Paul
  20. folknride

folknride Old Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a plan Luma! Lets talk - I'll send a PM.
    Weather there should be fine - high about 28, low about 12 - what about the ride down?