1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Alberta ADV riders

Discussion in 'Canada' started by GP640, Oct 17, 2007.

1. madjak30

madjak30 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in other places too...:evil

As for the ride that I posted earlier for May 1st, it looks like the route has changed to a ride out to Canmore instead of thru K-Country...maybe later in the Spring/early Summer...anyway, it looks like this is the route that is most popular

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sour...120765,-114.804382&spn=0.573218,1.229095&z=10

We are meeting at the Smitty's in Cochrane at 11am...just south of 1A on Hwy 22...feel free to join us...:ricky

Later.
  2. Beamer Pilot

Beamer Pilot Obviously a major malf...

Oddometer:
    Can't quite commit at this time since I am in Ottawa waiting for maintenance but if you guys leave later in May let me know. I hope to be back on Monday. I can meet you to discuss.
  3. folknride

folknride Old Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PM sent.
  4. Beamer Pilot

Oddometer:

You guys back or do we have to send SAR??? :muutt
  5. Luma46

Luma46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, we are back, all went great (almost), folknride will do ride report and post some pics.
  6. folknride

folknride Old Adventurer

Oddometer:
    By "almost", Luma46 might be referring to the the rain, or the snow, or the hail, perhaps the 0 degrees, and oh, the wind, yeah, maybe the wind (and the sandstorm!). :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

It was a great trip, and all motorcycles and personnel made it home in one piece.

A couple of pictures to prove we did it - I'll get to an RR soon - they keep making me work - don't they know I'm RETIRED.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. canadius_maximus

canadius_maximus Quaere verum

Oddometer:
    Hello there,

Yes, home's is in Vancouver, but my heart is still in Alberta. Sounds like a country song, huh? Spent over 20 years in Alberta, rode lots of streetbike miles while I lived there - never rode offroad though.

Well, I'll be visiting good friends in the Lacombe area between 17 Jul and 21 Jul. This is a family roadtrip (wife, kids, etc.) but thought I'd pack the DRZ on the hitch carrier for a few hours of exploring potential FSR/ mild offroard areas (Rocky Mountain House?). I have very fond memories of this area from my time in the Canadian Forces, but here's a chance to explore it on two wheels instead of on combat boots and an Iltis ...

If any local knows of some decent riding areas you can point me to, and/or (even better) want to join me for a couple hours' ride in the area, I'd be much obliged. Let me buy you coffeee and some gas for your troubles, and if we can share a few km of foothills riding, I'd be much obliged. I ride a plated DRZ 400S, am a "C" rider, but looking to improve.

PM me, or call my mobile 778.836.2911

See you soon,

Daniel
  8. Beamer Pilot

Oddometer:
    Daniel.

Any takers so far?
    I am 45 min west of Lacombe on the way to Rocky. Dates could work for me.
    G.
  9. canadius_maximus

Oddometer:
    Hello G,

No takers yet. Very kind to offer. I pull into Lacombe late Sunday (15th) night. Call me or pm me your # - we can work out ideal date / time.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Daniel
  10. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:
    I'm just outside Lacombe as well, 19km east. Heading up north for a bit though, today.

Hope you find what you're looking for.
  11. BTL

BTL No more snow!!

Oddometer:
    St Albert. Alberta Canada. IBA Member 50093
    On a M109R for now but soon, as in next spring...GSA gets added to stable. Save a spot for me :freaky
  12. KamikazeKLR

KamikazeKLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey everybody, my name is Mel and I've got a favor to ask of anybody in the Edmonton area. So here's my story:

My boyfriend Chris and I are from Winnipeg and are both in the army. However, Chris is out doing training near Edmonton and I'm flying down to go see him the weekend of the 20th. We both love bikes, he has a 2000 KLR650 and I have a 2002 KLR650 that I just crashed. What I would like to do is just get a couple Edmonton riders together and I wouldnt tell him where we're going until we get to where we'd meet just to talk bikes, which is something he loves to do. However, we wouldnt have our bikes WITH us 'cause I just crashed mine and his is still in winnipeg, but just having the chance to look at different people's set ups and mods and all of that would make a really nice outing for us after a really rough summer.

I'll be flying in late firday night and leaving in the evening sunday night. If any of you guys are willing to get together just to show off your bikes then what would be awsome!

PM me if you think you can help me with my little surprise for Chris.

- Mel
  13. folknride

folknride Old Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hope you have a good stay in the area - too bad no bikes :(:
    A bunch of FFs get together at a Timmies on Wed evenings, but that won't work for your timing. There is a pretty well continuous gathering of bikes and riders at the Tim Hortens on Whyte Ave. (82 Ave.) between 103rd and 104th. Lots of chromies and sport bikes - not really KLR country :lol3 - but I was there the other night so it can't be completely ADV free :wink: Lots of posers but always someone to talk bikes and riding with. The Fort Sask. MC group get together for a breakfast and ride on Sunday mornings - nice folks - check the web site http://50.63.129.131/~fsma/fsma/
    Who knows what else might happen.
    Sorry about your wreck.
  14. E-town dirt dude

E-town dirt dude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm working night shifts all week but have a bit of an early afternoon window between naps to meet. I'm an ex military dude and former KLR owner. I'll PM you my info.
  15. KamikazeKLR

KamikazeKLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info! However my goal as to surprise Chris with a gathering that I had arranged, this might make a good second best.

- Mel
  16. ert01

ert01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If I was around town I'd be down, but I'm working outta town these days and my schedule is far from predictable. Good luck!

(ex-military dude and never a KLR owner. But I had an XL600 if that counts?)
  17. canadius_maximus

Oddometer:
    I can't believe it's been a year - but am staying with friends in Lacombe again. Here (Lacombe) until 2 Aug 2013. Again, also brought kids and truck and bike - so am hoping to get out to the surrounding area. Max day-ride lengths only, as have to help with family kids back at our friends'. Any decent riding near Crimson Lake Prov Park?

Feel free to call at my mobile 778.836.2911.

See you soon,

Daniel
  18. Sparky.marky

Sparky.marky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another Alberta rider here... Currently in lloydminster, subscribing to the page
  19. The Easy Rider

The Easy Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another one here. Live in St.Albert
  20. Skidplatedave

Skidplatedave n00b

Oddometer:
    High Prairie here, building soon in Joussard, I hope.