Alberta Trunk Road South

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Stand Up, May 19, 2005.

1. Stand Up

Stand Up Ride non-painted roads

Oddometer:
    Last Sat. went Longview, Eden Valley, Trunk Road South, Chain Lakes, Range Roads back to Calgary. From Longview to Chain Lakes took 3 hours - saw 4 vehicles in total on the road. Great off road area 15 k west of Chain Lakes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below is what the horsie people get to ride....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Above is typical Range Road.
    Water looked about 1.5 ft deep...maybe another day...good place to practice.

[​IMG]
  2. version6.1

version6.1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where about on your trip are the 2 pictures of the winding mtn road? I haven't gotten the backroads maps, yet, and my atlas only has the Trunk Road. The road condition looks awesome... (at least in this section)
  3. Stand Up

Oddometer:
    I'll try to post a map this weekend.
  4. Stand Up

Oddometer:
  5. Snuffy

Snuffy Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. tango

tango Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Snuffy
    I'v just done the TR from Nordegg dowm but I don't know how to post images and the help page is gone any tips?
  7. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Hope that helps!

:1drink
  8. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:
    I did a tour around there in my jeep the other week. PM me next time around, maybe we can meet around Fallen Timber.
  9. tango

tango Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dear Mr DirtyDeeds your formally invited to bike night on Thursday night in Red Deer (Chapter's) along with anyother Adv riders who manage to see this.Bring LC4 for easy ID and drool factor.8 pm.
    Colum
  10. Snuffy

Snuffy Long timer

Oddometer:
    tango, iv'e been a slacker lately. Did you get those pics along 40 south of Nordegg? This thread by Stand Up has got me thinking about my route up to either Inuvik or Alaska. I'm kinda looking at 541 at Longview which by the link Stand Up posted. Looks like asphalt up to the Canmore area. :ear
  11. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:
    Can't make it. Im in McMurray till the long weekend. Thanks for the invite. Will you be making a trip to the rhubarb for the Canada day long weekend?
  12. tango

tango Adventurer

Oddometer:
    snuffy I have pics but don't have a smugmug acct or other server so I can't post but I do know how to email them.If you pm me your address I'll send them to you.

Deeds,that's ok it was a wet night anyway so I didn't bother going.What's "the rubarb"?
  13. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:
    AKA the sticks, trails, wherever bikes may be found roostin'
  14. version6.1

version6.1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally leaving North Carolina on Saturday, hoping to get to Calgary in 6 days, changing tires and getting some maintenance done at Anderwerks. Can anyone suggest some camping around there. We have to leave one of the bikes for a morning valve job, so we're going to have to camp as close as possible being we'll be stuck riding to camp 2 up on mine.
    Also, how has the condition been on the trunk road? Will probably go Cochrane north, not sure how far, being we have a month for the trip. My checks on the internet look like rain has been in the forecast, lately.

Thanks,

Janet
  15. slideways

slideways EspaƱa

Oddometer:
    If you need tires or service in Calgary there is an independent shop there called Anderwerks. Great prices and fast work they cater to traveling BMW riders and will bend over backwards to get you back on the road.
  16. tango

tango Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jan I sent you a pm.I tried the TR at the weekend but the road was closed north and south of the 754/734 jct.We have had torrential rains and the road is washed out at several places.The road conditon otherwise was good.Even the South Ram bridge is closed( that was the big Orange bridge I sent a pic of).They are obviously trying to repair everything but its going to take time.Take lots of care as you can be bombing along and suddenly half the road is missing.Bridges are gone on side roads too.

Good luck,
    Colum