Alcohol Stoves

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ShadyRascal, Feb 10, 2009.

1. ArcticaMT6

ArcticaMT6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like I got one of the last pairs. Thanks again.
  2. Ladukebob

Ladukebob Spaceark

Oddometer:
    I've been watching this thread for years contemplating buying one. And now I've waited too long :eek1
  3. loxsmith

loxsmith Good ol days my arse

Oddometer:
    Ex. Little village called Brisbane, Australia
    I just discover this thread and find out production has finished, damn. Looked like a great idea to me
  4. Davethestick

Davethestick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still have mine :thumb
  5. DirtyOldMan

DirtyOldMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still have mine too. People are amazed to see it work.
    I keep my eyes open for suitable aluminum bottles for raw materials. I've never seen anything even close.
  6. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    I still have my two Stever-Stoves tucked away gently in the shop. When Shady was still producing these, I looked into getting mass quantities of a triangular-shaped take-apart pot "stand" where his stove would sit down in the triangle, and one could place a large pot on the stand for greater balance while heating....... similar to the collapsible Firepit being sold here on the forum, only much smaller and using thinner gauge metal. But it was during the Holiday Season and I could not get any Birmingham Metal Cutting Shop to be interested in my 100 or so stands. Shady quit making them shortly after that, so just as well I guess.
    Now.........if someone here had some contacts with a China Manufacturing outfit, and sent them a Stever-Stove..........hmmmm.
    phreakingeek likes this.
  7. ShadyRascal

ShadyRascal Master of None

Oddometer:
    There is a market, or at least there was a market, for these. I made quite a few over the 4 or 5 years I was building them. It bled over into other forums where their members posted up about them. But once they changed the aluminum bottle profile and screwed up my design/manufacture end, I just quit doing it. It did help build the accounts my ex drained when she left me, so there's that. :dirtdog
    mbabc and phreakingeek like this.
  8. MrPulldown

MrPulldown Long timer

Oddometer:
    I gave my stove away to my cousin
    He was over and we got to talking about alcohol stoves. He said they never worked for him, so I showed him mine (yours). He loved it and so I said take it: "merry christmas". Thinking that I could always get another from you. But no dice. Sad to see that you don't make these any more.

Is it not possible to find the aluminum bottles somewhere else? I am willing to help. And by help i mean buy beer and drink them to procure bottles for you .

Would love to see you make these again.
    TonyKZ1 likes this.
  9. DirtyOldMan

DirtyOldMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought 2 of them, gave one to a friend. Still amazes people when they see me use it to make coffee.
  10. smithe

smithe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I still have the 2 I bought, they get used every once in awhile still.
  11. mugwump

mugwump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pooh and bother. Sad news. After years of using them I finally decided to post up a review on Facebook after the interest fellow campers showed at Springfield this past weekend., but alas... I'll have to take good care of the pair of them that I have. During racing season I use them almost every weekend for my hot water needs.