1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Algonquin Dual Sport route

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BuiltnotBought, Feb 26, 2021.

1. BuiltnotBought

BuiltnotBought Perpetual Project

Oddometer:
    Snooping around I have seen mentioned an "Algonquin Dual Sport route". Does anyone know if this is an actual designated route or if its just a loosely used term for the act of riding a dual sport around Algonquin?

If its an actual route does anyone have a file of the track? Any good reports on riding the route? I'm down near London and I'm looking for some trip ideas in that part of the world that I can take some weekend excursions on this summer.

If all else fails I'll re-do some of the TCAT but new is always more fun!

Thanks
  2. TDY

TDY Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is no off-road riding in the park so you are probably referring to the Round Algonquin Park RAP ride. The Algonquin ride is something the ODSC has been involved with in the past. I suggest you start by reading their forum https://www.odsc.on.ca/index.php and search for RAP.
    Taylorericjohn likes this.
  3. Oshawa boy

Oshawa boy not a kid anymore

Oddometer:
    I've worked on the Algonquin trail ride for many years..hosted by a few different clubs over the years..general route follows Madawaska/Whitney/lake st. Peters/maynooth/Madawaska. Every year the clubs try to mix it up by changing or adding in something different. Usually 150 to 200km on Saturday about 100km Sunday. Lots of wide trails and some more challenging stuff hidden here and there. I use to know it all but the last few years I've only been there a couple of times. I love riding and camping there.
  4. TDY

TDY Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes the Algonquin Two Day is awesome, I've done it twice but I assumed the OP was not talking about the trail ride.
  5. Oshawa boy

Oshawa boy not a kid anymore

Oddometer:
    Your probably right. I've always have wanted to do the rap but always some reason why I can't/don't. Retired now so perfect..let's do it...then my back blew out in Nov. Damn!! Working on it..hopefully be on the bike for spring..optimistic as I just bought saddlebags.
  6. BuiltnotBought

Oddometer:
    Ya not talking about an organized ride, just looking for a track I can follow on my own sometime. I can check out ODSC thanks.
  7. BuiltnotBought

Oddometer:
  8. RobP

RobP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. Meet@Trudys

Meet@Trudys Hoser

Oddometer:
    I've got this .GPX file, on my list of rips for the spring. Holler at me if you want to do a quick loop.

Attached Files:

ipeters, Vikingtazz and RobbieO like this.