All about scooting...

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by CaptnJim, Jan 10, 2018.

1. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It was called a Forza.
  2. Wentwest

Wentwest How's that work?

Oddometer:

Nope, they'll be electric.
  3. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Wandering (but based in the Tropical Tip of Texas)
    Not too long after we bought the PCXes, Honda started importing the Forza. I went to a Honda dealer to "try one on," and felt it was a big step backwards compared to the PCX in terms of leg room and comfort. I don't think the Forza was a good seller for Honda in the US, whereas the PCX was well received. If Honda can offer a 300 and a 500 Rebel, why not a 150 and a 300 PCX? :evil
  4. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Possibly for the same reason they never offered both the SH150 and SH300 in the US. They did briefly offer the SH150 but it was priced so high that it wasn't a good seller.
  5. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Yeah, as I recall, that SH150 was $4500 - a full grand more than the PCX. I have only seen one "in the wild" - looks like a typical well-made Honda, but that 30% upcharge over the PCX killed it (here in the US).
  6. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    After a chilly start it was a beautiful day here yesterday. I was out riding in a group of 11 riders, 3 of us on scooters.

[​IMG]
  7. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    There are worse ways to spend a Monday: out on the scoots, across the causeway for breakfast at my favorite Monday breakfast place, and some scootin' around. We swapped scoots for some highway riding - seems we both prefer what we have (nice when it works out that way ). Riding position matters...

Joan made me laugh when she said (speaking of a highway here), "It is like Iron Mountain Road, but without the curves." :jack

https://captnjim.blogspot.com/2019/11/its-like-iron-mountain-road.html

Actually, I knew what she meant... 'cause we don't have anything resembling a twisty road around here. Ya ride what ya got.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We swapped scoots for some highway riding - I haven't ridden hers since she lowered the windshield...

[​IMG]

Seems we each prefer what we have; nice when it works out that way.

:ricky
  8. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Off to Brownsville on the scoots for lunch. Pretty much highway all the way. Not what I'd call thrilling riding, but it was a new step for us. Hwy 48 between Brownsville and Port Isabel has been considered "the most dangerous highway in Texas" until the widening of the road a few years ago. Due to the number of horrific head-on collisions, a cement barrier was put up down the middle of the road for much of that 22 miles. Back when it was 2 lane, I recall numerous times where there were 4 cars abreast - two going each direction (side-by-side)... on a two lane road! :uhoh

The speed limit is 75mph, which around here means that much of the traffic will be doing more than that. The PCXes didn't have enough umph to take on that traffic. Now that Joan has the Xmax, she was up for making that relatively short trek. It was a lovely day: into the 80s, sunny, light breeze. Lunch there was just a reason to go somewhere. When we got there, I asked Joan how she felt about the ride... "That was pretty darn pleasant. I'm just happy to be riding."

Yeah, I get that. :ricky
  9. sro99

sro99 one odd owl

Oddometer:
    Did she get tired of waiting for you? ;)
    CaptnJim likes this.
  10. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    In the words of the philosopher Mork (from Ork): Humor! Ar! Ar!
    kpinvt, sro99 and Ride2Live/Live2Ride like this.
  11. Norty01

Norty01 RIDERCOACH (RETIRED!)

Oddometer:
    Just got back from dinner downtown. When I came out of the restaurant, there was this Yamaha scooter next to me. Noticing the stickers adorned, this must be ridden by one whom fishes. Then I noticed on the port side aft, they had rigged a device to stow their pole. Just thought I include a couple pics as a scoot with a fishing rod might be unusual. (More importantly, it may give other scooterists an idea to do the same.)
    Anyway, here you go!
    IMG_2987.jpg

BTW~ I'm on the Tiger.
  12. Norty01

Oddometer:
  13. Norty01

Oddometer:
  14. Norty01

Oddometer:
  15. DandM

DandM Long timer

Oddometer:
    kpinvt and klaviator like this.
  16. DandyDoug

DandyDoug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't fish, but that rod holder looks kind of like a design I have in my head to carry my cane.
    I bought a folding can that is ok , but not very sturdy. I need to come up with something that doesn't interfere with the lines on the GTS300 Vespa too badly.
    I have the folding rear package rack already .
    Wish my design skills were better, any ideas out there ???
  17. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Folding cane. Screenshot_20191109-084127_Chrome.jpg
    DandyDoug likes this.
  18. DandyDoug

DandyDoug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's exactly like mine , it works ok just don't have a lot of confidence in it.
  19. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    While recuperating, I used a carbon fiber folding cane - very sturdy and light weight. Easy to toss under the seat of the Vespa.

[​IMG]

The flames helped me walk faster. :-)

That attachment that holds a fishing rod is called a "rocket launcher" by most boat folks. A lot of folks around here make their own from PVC pipe, and attach them to their car/truck, golf cart, kayak, or bicycle.

I used to fish when I was a kid, but find it much less work (and expense) to just get an order of fish and chips on the once-a-year time I feel like eating fish. If cows could be found swimming, I might reconsider.
  20. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I was recovering this spring, rode my my scooter down to the local mall, and I parked in a handy cap spot, you need a tag hanging from your mirror or you will be ticketed, anyways this guy and his wife are walking by and he starts giving me shite about parking there, I didn't say a word, opened my top box took out my handy cap tag hung it from my mirror, grabbed my folding cane turned around and said very politely now what we're you saying, both walked away red faced hahaha I love it.