All Inclusive Rad-icle Ed-venture - Around Hispaniola (Haiti & DR) on 2 wheels

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by flyingdutchman177, Nov 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm embarrassed to say I found this ride report, that I just read in one sitting, from the other that is currently stuck at the Covid-19 border:lol3:lol3 Thanks Ed and rad. Can't wait to read your other reports. Not sure how I missed them
    flyingdutchman177 likes this.
  2. Golden955

Golden955 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Took me about six months to get through your previous reports, start to finish. Enjoyed them all. Now,that I'm caught up I like to check in every month or so so I can get a good read in. I've said it before, but thank you for sharing your life with us.
  3. locopny

locopny Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for this....hit me funny and almost covered this device in coffee.
    Reading in your reports always...ALWAYS...put me in a better mood. Thank you for sharing your writing talent and time for putting these RRs together.
    If I ever cross paths with you... I will gladly buy you a beer or 2.

As for how long to read your RRs? About a month after I joined here, I started in on the first. Still getting caught up ... Worth every hour reading.
  4. Foiler

Foiler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I found your RR back around Thailand or India or Himalaya mountains or somewhere else I will never get to go. Your reports are the main reason I come to this page and I get upset when you don't update them. What do you expect me to do first thing in the morning when I get to my desk? Work? How rude.:lol3 I also read it all and usually like the posts but I don't really have anything interesting to say so I just read and dream. I have even been in bed at night with my wife reading her your ride reports so she could enjoy it with me and periodically she asks me about you. Where you are and how the hunting is going. I tried to get you a speaking gig at our local BMW shop last time that I know of you coming this way but it didn't work out. Never did get to meet you but I am still here reading your RR's and dreaming of riding in far away places. I still have some of your old reports to read but I count on you to keep your ride reports updated and provide my reading. I am not on social media so I can't follow you there therefore your RR's are important to me and so many more. OK now lets get this thing updated for us folks that are needing our fix! I am needing to get through Haiti and DR so you can take me to South Korea or wherever the hell you are now.
    dano619, Lost Cartographer and Bgunn like this.
  5. Foiler

Foiler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Guess this ride report is done. Wonder if he will do more or just leave it to social media? Looking like he wont be back.
  6. spokester

spokester Long timer

Oddometer:
    Too bad. He was treated harshly by some on here.
    fasttortoise and Champe like this.
  7. bmac

bmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    It does appear that Ed left town and isn't coming back. He will be missed.
    fasttortoise likes this.
  8. tag3

tag3 Doofus

Oddometer:
    Inland from the coast of Santa Cruz and Trona.
    Yep, will miss you.
    fasttortoise likes this.
  9. Foiler

Foiler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yeah i think it flat out sucks. i truly enjoyed his RRs and antics. Ed always seems to find the women and the magic string story was great to read. Guess I will stick to Joe Motos reports and the local section of the forums.
    spokester likes this.
  10. imnothng

imnothng Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What happened?
    steved57 and theailer like this.
  11. jays100

jays100 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ed is abroad in Thailand, he got stuck there when the country locked down. He’s thriving and enjoying life as he does. I recommend you follow on his Instagram and Facebook pages for more Up to date information.

as to treatment, he has a pretty thick skin, gives as good as he gets and generally keeps a smile! He’ll be back, just don’t know exactly when/where.
    Foiler, roadcapDen, steved57 and 3 others like this.
  12. Mofrid

Mofrid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Agreed "gives as good as it gets"
  13. Grynch

Grynch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some Asshat chimed in, he had enough and left.
    Troll 55 likes this.
  14. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    There were no reported posts regarding this thread to substantiate the above allegation. :dunno if the OP wants to post, PM me and we'll reopen this thread. I've been asked to clean up the last few posts, will do if the OP wants to continue this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.