All Things Bonneville

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by rider33, Oct 27, 2014.

1. kickstandsup

kickstandsup Devout Atheist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yup, been doing that for years. There's a vertical strip on the back of each side case, horizontal strips on the side of the top case, and a square under the license plate. Can't see them at all during the day, light up bright white at night. Looks so much better IMO.

Used this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MR8WTMB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_20210801_114624909_HDR.jpg
    davyjones, Steve516 and B02S4 like this.
  2. drumdog

drumdog it wasn't me ! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    ADV Rider forum - Gear -- Vendors--- "Motoreflective"

All kinds of reflective stuff from a fellow inmate.
  3. rixcafe

rixcafe Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Put on some Hagons, still dialing. Cogent DDCs and springs up front soon. Good fun this bike.

[​IMG]
  4. HapHazard

HapHazard Be Kind - Rewind

Oddometer:
    :thumbup

rixcafe likes this.
  5. rixcafe

Oddometer:
    I have been prepping my '04 Thruxton for entry in The Bull City Rumble motorcycle show this Labor Day. Another victim of the times, cancelled. Next year.

[​IMG]
    davyjones, Scoozi, Steve516 and 5 others like this.
  6. BluRoad

BluRoad as in blue highways

Oddometer:
    Took a day for myself on the alphabet roads of SW Wisconsin's Driftless Area to remind myself of why we do this. Pie and coffee at the Log Cabin restaurant in Baraboo, WI.

IMG_0121.JPG IMG_0129.JPG
  7. DeepBarney

DeepBarney International Bumbler

Oddometer:
    Look what finally arrived. :clap
    IMG_20210819_193654557_HDR.jpg

The Ricor Emulators have been sitting on the work bench along with some 5w fork oil for a few weeks now. Maybe I'll tackle the suspension swap on the bike this weekend after one last ride for sake of comparison and reminding me how bad it could be.:lol3
  8. mattoid1

mattoid1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_5107.jpg Had a great time riding the Black Hills area. The Street Scrambler continues to be everything I bought it for.
  9. Steve516

Steve516 Guzzis R Us

Oddometer:
    I hate asking dumb or obvious questions, but I've used Hagons several times in the past on Moto Guzzis and BMW Airheads, and am thinking of adding a pair to my new-to-me T100. Are your shocks mounted upside down? Having the adjustment ring at the top would be preferable, especially when running panniers. Am I looking at this wrong, or does it matter? Which model Hagons are you using? Thanks.
  10. wetwider

wetwider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Upside down probably doesn't matter to the shock's working ok when new, but water will run down into the shrouded shocks mounted upside down and I think sit around the seal on un-shrouded shocks too, eventually causing corrosion where you least want it.
    Steve516 likes this.
  11. rixcafe

Oddometer:
    Shocks are mounted correctly. The preload adjusting ring is at the top and the damping adjust is at the bottom. Hagon Nitro model.

Rick
    Steve516 likes this.
  12. Steve516

Steve516 Guzzis R Us

Oddometer:
    Ah, that explains it! These are the 'deluxe model' Hagons.
    Thanks for the clarification!
  13. kickstandsup

Oddometer:
    We've had a great monsoon season; don't often get to see the desert this green. :clap

IMG_20210825_081440869.jpg
  14. kickstandsup

Oddometer:
    Interesting. My Nitros look like this, I suppose the difference is in shock length and preload. I've got the "standard" Bonnie length shock, but don't remember what that is off the top of my head... Very happy with them.

IMG_20210525_103931967_HDR.jpg
    davyjones and rixcafe like this.
  15. B02S4

B02S4 Aye

Oddometer:
    Hagon 2810's also mount with the preload adjusters on the top-side. Hagon says the correct shock orientation is with the Hagon decal read "right side up"...IOW, if the decal is upside down, then the shock was mounted wrong - it is also upside down.
    Steve516 likes this.
  16. rixcafe

Oddometer:
    Mine are same but different. Black rather than gold.
  17. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    Same in NM. It's just now starting to fade back to brown, but we had about a month where everything was incredibly vibrant with grass and wildflowers everywhere. Totally beautiful.
    kickstandsup likes this.
  18. ZappBranigan

ZappBranigan Still Riding

Oddometer:
    Still experimenting with windshields. On a whim I bought a cheap Chinese-made "Tombstone" style shield from Amazon (think: Harley Road King)

Here is the one I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019Z441N8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

The shield seems to be decently thick, no rust or damage on the hardware. Because it's a "universal fit" it comes with absolutely NO instructions of any kind. Attaches to the handlebars.

Preliminary pic from last week:

WS 01.jpg

I've only gone a short distance and while it worked OK I realized that having the attaching points on the windshield completely vertical was a bad idea. See the parts circled in red here:

ws 02.jpg

Problem was that having them vertical like that allowed the windshield to shift left-and-right under wind pressure. So I pushed the shield a little further out and rotated those L brackets inward. I'm hoping that makes it less prone to wobble or move.

I'll post more pics after my next road test. Nice thing about such a cheap ($60) shield is that it didn't require any modifications and I'm not into it for that much so if it doesn't work out I'll just take it off and try something else. I do like the "classic" look of a tombstone windshield, though (even though I'm sure some purists would say it's out-of-place on a Bonnie.)

EDITED TO ADD: Anyone else running one of these shields, and if so, can you post pictures? I'd like to see how others have mounted them since, as I said, they came with no instructions.
    davyjones likes this.
  19. PeterTrocewicz

PeterTrocewicz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same idea as the mounts on my Givi A603 shield. The Gìvi mounts look better though, and mine's not a tombstone shape. It'll take a few test rides to get the adjustments just right. This is the 2nd bike I've put an A603 on. I lovd the bar mountd for their adjustability.
  20. rixcafe

Oddometer:
    Gone. Anybody want a set of knee pads? Yours for shipping. Gone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]