All you can eat sushi in San Jose

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by AdventurePoser, Aug 22, 2002.

1. AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys...

I'm getting a set of PIAA 910's and EMP brackets installed on the RT soon, and I need a long night ride to test 'em out.

Am thinking of riding up to the Bay Area (San Jose I believe) to Onami restaurant for some all-you-can-eat Japanese food. Anybody interested in a night of fun, food, and telling lies?

Steve in So Cal
  2. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Oh man...yer gonna love 'em. In :thumb

[​IMG]
  3. cRAsH

cRAsH Banned

Oddometer:
    Oh man - I can put down a LOT of sushi... In!
  4. AdventurePoser

Oddometer:
    As Montgomery Burns would say, "Excelleeeennnnt...."

PIAAs should be in on Monday, installation is Wednesday. I'll set up a date ASAP.

It's gonna be fun! Any other Bay Area AdvRiders who are not familiar with Onami should understand there is lots of cooked seafood as well....Price runs about $23 per plate. Let's get a good group together, tell some lies and generally have a helluva great time!

After dinner, I wanna be able to melt the paint off a Buick at 300 meters, so after dinner, I'm gonna put the VAL on full screech, turn up the brights, and rip home!

http://www.todai.com/pages/todai/locationstates/locatornc.htm#

Steve in So Cal
  5. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Can someone ping tugrik? i'll betcha that fucker can put away some sushi...yeah baby, that's what I'm talking about :1drink

they are gonna lose money on this deal :D
  6. Tugrik

Tugrik Big Blue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Only one problem, Herr Fish: I'm on the 'sushi-hater' side of the fence. Lucky for you, I don't eat fish in general. :)

However, most good japanese restaurants have things I dearly love, such as donburi, edamame, or various teppan styles. Mmmmm. I'll go look this place up and see what else is on their menu!
  7. AdventurePoser

Oddometer:
    Boy, Do I have the look of the incredibly stupid...the restaurant is "Todai" in San Jose, NOT Onami..... Sorry about any confusion, boys.

And, yep, there is a lot of stuff that is not fish on the menu. IIf you dislike fish, I think you could eat at Todai and be quite happy, though the emphasis is on sashimi and sushi!

PS-EMP brackets are here, service installation time is set for Wednesday. I'll come up with most likely a Saturday eve date very soon after!

It's gonna be great!

Steve in So Cal
  8. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Steve, are you talking about the Todai restaurant that's in Eastridge Mall?? :huh

Our man on the scene (Tug) knows the Japantown restaurant scene, so maybe you guys oughta bang yer heads together on this...unless you are intent on going to a japanese restaurant in East San Jose...
  9. AdventurePoser

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

Yep, the Todai Restaurant in San Jose will be the place, unless somebody has a better idea. I chose it only because I've eaten at Todai in So Cal, and it's pretty good, and it's location is fairly near the 101 FWY, which, selfish bastard that I am, puts my ETA to my own bed a bit closer.

That being said...I'm totally amenable to another location for All You Can Eat, so long as it isn't too far north....remember this boy is going straight to Glendora after dinner!

Soooo....unless another restaurant surfaces, dinner is Sunday, September 1, 2002 at 1800 at the San Jose Todai restaurant, which is located near the Eastridge Mall.

Hope to see you ALL there. Hell, I must be on drugs 'cause I miss ya!

Steve in So Cal

http://www.todai.com/
  10. AdventurePoser

Oddometer:
    Ok guys...Come on, come all....Sunday night we pack away prodigous amounts of fish and teriyaki meats. Todai is gonna lose money on us!

I'm outta town for a couple of days now, so I hope to see a bunch of you all for dinner.

Have a good rest of the week, and I'll see you all Sunday Sept 1 at 1800 at the San Jose Todai restaurant.

Cheers,
    Steve in So Cal (a mere 351 miles from San Jose)
  11. Chopperman

Chopperman I am dead

Oddometer:
    I'm witchou Tug. To be fair...I tried sushi. even the stuff with tentacles and salmon roe on it.

no thank you.

Gimme some of that hot soup and beef and shit mang.
  12. Tugrik

Tugrik Big Blue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As "time for timer" taught us... "don't knock it 'til you try it".

Tried it, knocked it. :)

Now if only I could convince them away from the mediocrity that is Todai and over to Showgi or Tsugaru... *grin* I may just pull by anyways, to get to meet everybody. Todai has stuff I like that's not room-temperature fish.

How many folks plan on showing?
  13. AdventurePoser

Oddometer:
    I'll agree, Todai is fairly mediocre, but I've found the sushi fresh and the presentation of it pretty good. In all, not a bad place to spend a couple of hours with friends!

Are you IN?

Steve