ALL YOU LARGER FOOT GUYS - Need help..

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Josh E, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Josh E

Josh E n00b

Oddometer:
    So..

I'm 6'6" and have a size 15 foot. I have pretty much all my riding gear but cannot find a pair of boots to save my life.

I bought a set of 49 Forma boots but when I get them on, I feel like I'm trying to smuggle my toes along for the ride.

Are there any other riding boots out there that you may have found that you can turn me onto?

I love the Klim stuff, but they don't have anything (or that I can see) in my size.

I was looking for something that would protect my Sasquatch feet but allow me to walk and have traction in dirt and such, like the Forma boot.

I would appreciate any help
  2. Tall Man

Tall Man Come and take it.

Oddometer:
    @Josh E
    An acquaintance of mine, with similar requirements as your own, wears and recommends Red Wing logger boots. A cursory search returns at least one link illustrating 14 as the largest size available. Perhaps a deeper dive will provide alternate choices in the size you require.

He chose the Red Wings based on comfort, adaptability (to varying purposes) and a dearth of motorcycle boots being available beyond size 12 or so.

I'm familiar with what you're dealing with, at least in part. Best of luck here.
    TripleTriples likes this.
  3. C/1/509

C/1/509 Now with more sarcasm

Oddometer:
    My buddy wears an A* in 14 and loves them. Looks like some models go to size 16. Don't know about hiking in them though.
  4. Motomantra

Motomantra Registered Lurker

Oddometer:
    Dave Edwards likes this.
  5. tallbob

tallbob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have what you need. Size 15 Alpinestars Tech 3. See my post in Flea Market, Gear section. Search for size 15.
  6. dredman

dredman Dirty Moto-Tourist

Oddometer:
    Wow, someone else suffers the same disease? I am 6'5' and wear a 14. Abdul the Tentmaker makes my clothes, his cousin, 'Ahadhiya was killed in the Soulemani attack recently, so I am looking for the same relief, inshallah.
  7. kirbybikes

kirbybikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sidi makes size 50 or 15, not in all the models but some. Usually the really expensive ones. Size 14 Sidi owner.
  8. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. MadMax

MadMax Marveling...

Oddometer:
    I second the Sidi boots. I wear size 14 and they offered the boot up to size 16US. They make them a bit wider than the usual narrow Euro width. Very comfortable and of course superb quality.
  10. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:
    Only a humble 13 but my feet are really wide and I struggle to find boots that fit. I’ve found Gaerne to be much roomier than Sidi or Alpinestars. Don’t know if they go up to your size but I’ve found them to be a bigger boot overall.
    CopyCat likes this.
  11. BigBrian

BigBrian Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am 6'7" and I wear a 15 or 16.

My size 49 Forma Adventure boots are a bit tight but I'm hoping they wear in.
  12. CopyCat

CopyCat I am NOT like the others Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wear a 15 Sid Crossfire for heavy dirt and a 50 Gaerne Oiled boot (had to import from England) for trials and light ADV riding. The Gaernes are worth looking at, pretty soft and comfortable, the Xfires are comfortable for what they are
  13. KLEINE

KLEINE oo

Oddometer:
    I have approximately size 14 a 15 and wear Sidi Crossfire and do own a pair of Gaerne Oiled boots as well. But most of the time I just wear a pair of good Hiking boots (with gore tex liner) which give fare superior protection compered with a lot of cheap motorcycle boots. When I was younger I always wore relatively cheap military boots which worked just fine.
  14. Cam

Cam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you have a wide foot with that 15, Alpinestars tech may be your only salvation. I have a 13 4E and can squeeze into Gaerne SG-10 but they don't make a 15 as far as I know. None of their other boots I have tried are wide enough. Sidi can work if your feet aren't wide but they pinch like hell if they do.

If those don't work Tourmaster makes a riding boot that will but the protection trade off is significant. I used it for years on my street bikes. However, I would avoid non-offroad motorcycle boots if you are hitting anything lightly technical or worse. A foot hitting a log, stump, rock, etc at even relatively slow speeds can do serious damage to the foot and ankle. Most motorcycle injuries are in the feet so I wouldn't go down that road unless desperate. Hiking/work/tactical boots are better than nothing but not by much.
  15. Schmokel

Schmokel Key to Happiness: Low Expectations

Oddometer:
    Size 15 RedWings here.
  16. kirbybikes

kirbybikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool didn't know Forma had come out with 49's! I remember going to the Seattle MC show and asking the rep there for a few years in a row if they were going to get bigger sizes than a 13/48, maybe they listened. The rep even started recognizing me when I walked up before I even said anything, ha ha. If your out there listening Forma, Thanks!