Allegheny National Forest Adventure Rally - Loleta, PA - 9/21-9/23

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by MATT0404, May 15, 2018.

1. MATT0404

MATT0404 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gotcha on the IN list!

Also, make sure you guys bring appropriate layering and a warm sleeping bag, overnight lows expected in the 49-53 degree range.
  2. Lippy

Lippy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    some gpx

Attached Files:

Cycletech likes this.
  3. Lippy

Lippy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    More

Attached Files:

4. Lippy

Lippy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    GPX

Attached Files:

5. Lippy

Lippy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    GPX

Attached Files:

6. Lippy

Lippy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    GPX

Attached Files:

7. Lippy

Lippy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    GPX

Attached Files:

8. Lippy

Lippy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    GPX Trails End, closed last I knew

Attached Files:

9. Lippy

Lippy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    GPX

Attached Files:

10. MATT0404

Oddometer:
    Lippy comes through with the GPX files! Looking forward to taking a look at these when I get home tonight.
  11. racer64

racer64 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will be on a KTM 400
  12. ossaboy2867

ossaboy2867 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Big bike that trys to be a small bike....Yamaha Super Tenere
    freewheelburner likes this.
  13. collinskj

collinskj Chris with a K

Oddometer:
    I'll be on a KLR though it might as well be a "big bike" with all the stuff I have loaded on it.
  14. XL500R

XL500R Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’m going to take the 100 mile trip up on the XL either Friday or Saturday. I won’t be camping or anything, so I’ll just spend the day riding around the forest on some random trails. I haven’t ever been to ANF, but I’ve been to the Bald Eagle dual sport trails a few times. Seems like a similar distance trip for me.
  15. fatbikeracer

fatbikeracer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This may be a day trip for me also, Ive already got hit by lightning camping, once is enough. And 3 close calls. Too much iron in my diet, bystanders be warned.

What's the earliest you figure the trail ride guys will be leaving? Hate to roll in while everybodys sleeping.
  16. MATT0404

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. See you there. I'd think Saturday would be best for a day trip as most will be arriving sporadically on Friday/Saturday.

I was planning on leading a bike trail ride that would depart camp between 9-10 AM. Not sure what time everyone was planning on hitting the roads/trails, but I figure that gives everyone enough time to get up and have coffee/breakfast.
    fatbikeracer and rbsride365 like this.
  17. Rideklr

Rideklr n00b

Oddometer:
    I have a nice hotel nearby would be happy to share if anyone needs a place to stay includes full kitchen and Continental breakfast close to the trailhead close to the campground . Call 216-832-5600 Victor
    MATT0404 and fatbikeracer like this.
  18. collinskj

collinskj Chris with a K

Oddometer:
    What town are you in? I'm leaving upstate New York today to get closer so when I wake up Friday I don't have to worry about a 5+ hour trip off the bat. I was originally going to camp somewhere in the forest tonight.
  19. voodoochilled

voodoochilled Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ACK! I only just discovered this thread! If you do it again next year, count me in. It looks like a blast. I've been wanting to try out some the ANF trails on my Royal Enfield Himalayan but looks like it'll have to wait until next year. Have fun y'all!
  20. MATT0404

Oddometer:
    Weather is looking pretty good for the weekend, guys. Possibility of some thunderstorms Friday night, but Saturday/Sunday are looking good!

Please try to download whichever (or all) GPS tracks before heading out. I have linked them all in the original post. There is limited cell service at the campground, so it's possible you won't be able to access these routes upon arrival. I will have them on my Macbook and I have a Garmin cable to transfer to Zumo style devices, but to minimize any potential incompatibilities, please download the tracks before leaving if at all possible. Also, while I'll be there most of Friday, I'll be out riding with the rest of you on Saturday/Sunday, so I may not be available to load your GPS.

Another note, I'm making up some signs today and will have some posted to help guide you to the campground. If anyone has any questions about where exactly the campground is located, please PM me and I'll send you directions. Easiest way to find it is to put the GPS coordinates from the OP into your GPS and go. Otherwise, search for Loleta Recreation Area in the Allegheny National Forest. We'll be camping just up from the parking lot. Take the second left and ride down the trail to the campground. There's a sign at the turn that says MILLSTONE CAMPGROUND. Again, PM me if you have any trouble, but, FYI, I'll be out of cell range most of tomorrow as I get things setup.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!!!!