(Almost) 1000 km through The Free and Sovereign State of Jalisco: A motorbike tour through time

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by dmckinno, Apr 17, 2016.

1. dmckinno

dmckinno Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hola, Advriders. I've been into riding mostly technical off-road singletrack for the past long time, but have been getting more into adventure riding, starting off with the Transamerica Trail expedition I did with my dad (proftom on advrider), and wanted to share a recent trip I did out of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. This trip report is also available on my blog with larger resolution images and little nicer formatting. I'm planning on riding the New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Route in mid-June, so I look forward to continuing to share with this community.

For my 30th birthday, I flew down to Puerto Vallarta (all the cool kids just drop the Puerto, so I’ll follow suit) to ride the Four-day Adventure Tour with Bike Mexico. Due to a little chaos with the Site Scan launch and my dad’s recent return from Panama, the trip was planned at the absolute last minute. We had no idea what we were getting into. Fortunately, everything worked out beautifully. Jurgen Dano was a fantastic host, giving us the opportunity to ride beautiful terrain in rural Jalisco and visit historical Mexican villages.

We covered almost 1,000 km of mostly dirt roads (sadly no single track) and ran a nice little figure-eight through Jalisco. An interactive map of our GPS tracks is available here for those who would like to follow along.

[​IMG]

Edit: Google was killing me for duplicate content, so read the rest of this on my blog.
    BikeMex, NRSJumper and Beaumont Paco like this.
  2. BikeMex

BikeMex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    4-Day-ADV-31_web.jpg Hello Daniel,

thanks a lot for the nice writing.

There is actually a shot from your father "riding" through the restaurant to the "parking" in San Sebastian del Oeste.

Saludos from Mexico

Jürgen
  3. BikeMex

BikeMex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just came back from another 4 Day Adventure Tour. This time with a couple riding 2 up!!! And they had a lot of fun.

More info soon on my website.

Saludos Jürgen

4DayAdv_A_web.jpg
  4. c1skout

c1skout Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's some lookin' country!