Alone in the Big Empty Again

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by dave6253, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the Sony A6500, no problem so far. I carry it in the tank bag, in a block of foam. Probably have 2000 miles of washboard and Baja.
    DIESELWRENCH and DesertSurfer like this.
  2. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    @dave6253 - As usual I am still finding and reading RR's from inmates whom I "just found". Great report! I'm still of a mind that for moto-trips I prefer to read and look at still photography. Most of the video reports I have watched on YouTube seem to lack the personal narrative that a reader gets from the author's written words. There are so many nuances that get missed in a video report because it is all about keeping the viewer in vicarious motion.

When I started adventuring it was on the back of Dad's bike way back in 1970. We normally left with a 110 Instamatic and a fresh "24" roll of film. We rarely took photographs. Once of legal age and riding my own bike I started to take numerous images and packing several extra rolls of film. That all progressed into 35mm, then digital. I only carry one camera but up until a few years ago it was all about slowing down and getting the photographs. I don't know why but I've got away from that in the past few years. Reading your post trip summary I am reminded to slow down and get back into the groove of photography. Thanks. However, with all the beautiful images you took I am having a hard time soaking in your summary. I can only imagine the content had you taken more time to get more of them. :nod

I knew I was in for a good RR when you mentioned @waylongway on day 4. :happay Now I just need to find your other threads.

Thanks again.
    pratered, dave6253 and waylongway like this.
  3. waylongway

waylongway madmax Supporter

Oddometer:
    DesertSurfer, pratered, JB2 and 2 others like this.
  4. dave6253

dave6253 GCBAR Explorer

Oddometer:
    David, You probably should watch the music video for "Teacher Teacher" by Jinjer. Download the lyrics as well.
    flying.moto likes this.
  5. flying.moto

flying.moto Earthbound Misfit, I Supporter

Oddometer:
    I tossed some new points of interest on the map. then i loaded the old "motorized tracks NV" and... well... i need to get to more plotting! T-10. something good should come of it, or so i think... regardless, The White Crow has a set of new shoes, fresh oil change, 8 air filters... hmm... pack and go? :ricky

Thank you, Dave, for unknowingly egging me on right now, and your Fantastic RR! :happay

T-10. :augie
  6. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    Thanks @waylongway for the linky to one of Dave's other rides! I managed to get it read while waiting "on-hold" several times this morning. The guy is quite the photog, not very wordy, but his images more than take you there. Back in the shop with a new Chop Source frame-jig. Still haven't finished Brutus but have started a half-dozen other builds. Often wonder if you ever finished the CX. Don't get a lot of time on the interweb these days but I have a new "go-to"(dave6253) when I visit ADV. :nod :*sip*
    DesertSurfer and dave6253 like this.
  7. Blaise W

Blaise W Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Track file downloaded! Thanks so much for getting that to us, and I'll be out there before long. I have a group of riding buds from the UK and elsewhere who are locked down and can't get here this year, but 2021! I sent a link to your report and hope they enjoy; I sure did!
    DesertSurfer and dave6253 like this.