Alone in the Oregon Outback - 7 Days of Solo

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by liv2day, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Shady Pass David

Shady Pass David Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Duane @ SL has been treating me swell for the past 30 yrs?....Not kidding....
    I started visiting way back in 1972 when I got out of the Army and was blasting to Reno in my '66 Vette with an L-88....I don't think he was the owner then...
    I wish this plague would vanish....NOW!....:pynd.......
  2. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    :-) :-) Thanks GB, surprised you posted that after what we rode Saturday in TSF :lol2 :lol2 :lol2

Don't think Fat Amy would have been overly happy with some of the sections on this route my friend. Just means you need to get something a bit more lithe for the next adventure we undertake out there :eek7 :eek7
  3. liv2day

Oddometer:
    Damn @Shady Pass David, that's really cool! I remember reading awhile back that Duane bought the place in the late 90s or so? And if you've been hitting the hot springs since '72, that's a bit more than 30 years ago :lol3 :lol3 :lol3

Seriously though, that's truly something to have that history - can only imagine how it's changed since you first started visiting. Hopefully, it's going the right direction and not sideways like so many things.
    Shady Pass David likes this.
  4. liv2day

Oddometer:
    The ride's over, but I still have a few shots from getting up before sunrise the next morning. Hit the outdoor pool to enjoy the solitude as no one else was up - perfect cap to the trip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look forward to the next chance I get to come visit this wonderful part of Oregon.
    bomose, RacingBlue, larryboy and 11 others like this.
  5. Dillard

Dillard Seeker Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I thoroughly enjoyed this report. What an awesome area to ride; nice job doing it solo too. Great write up, fantastic pics and cool video.
    bomose and liv2day like this.
  6. svo_jon

svo_jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much.... while no quite in my back yard, this area I is close enough. I think I'll be planning a trip like yours in the not too distant future.

Jonathan
    liv2day likes this.
  7. Times2dogs

Times2dogs n00b

Oddometer:
    Get out of the tub and get riding!
  8. liv2day

Oddometer:
    Had some spare time last night and put a video together for the first day's ride.

Note on the music - it's not NSFW...put headphones in :D :D. Doubt the tune will be liked by all, but it has a great beat to edit to and I like some of Manson's stuff :lol2 :lol2

9. docwyte

docwyte Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you! I'd love to take a trip like this, just don't have the time or for that matter, a bike to do it on right now!
    liv2day likes this.
  10. dano619

dano619 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    A great ride report.....with a safe ending!! :)

Also, nice video.....good music to start the day, I'm awake now!!
    liv2day likes this.
  11. Blaise W

Blaise W Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fantastic RR. I've been wanting to get to the Owyhee and Alvord areas for a while now. Have a ride buddy who moved to the general area so time to start making plans. You've given us a great head start on where to ride!
    liv2day likes this.
  12. jeckyll

jeckyll Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    Awesome ride report and looking forward to the next videos! :)
    liv2day likes this.
  13. Rad Brad

Rad Brad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bravo! Thanks for sharing, @liv2day ! I've ridden most of your Alvord and Owyhee routes, so looking forward to exploring further West of the Alvord. We rode over for the un-UNRally this year, and couldn't believe the number of people. Fields Station had no ice cream, nor cheeseburgers, but luckily there were a couple 12-packs of light beer.
    liv2day likes this.
  14. bambr

bambr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    nice ride, nice pics, eye candy.
    but your chair always looks like wrong assembled...eh?))
  15. Geezerguy

Geezerguy In the shadows

Oddometer:
    @liv2day Just made it through your RR and want to say Thanks for posting. Very well done and very informative about an area I’ve never seen.
    liv2day likes this.
  16. liv2day

Oddometer:
    Hey @Geezerguy, thanks much for the kind words! Glad you enjoyed the report and really glad to show you a part of Oregon I'm truly fond of. Stay tuned for more video if you enjoy that type of content :-)
  17. liv2day

Oddometer:
    @docwyte, @Blaise W, @dano619, @jeckyll, @Rad Brad, & @bambr - appreciate you guys following along and providing comments along the way; makes the time crafting these reports well worth it.

@Rad Brad - you must have been in Fields right before I was there, or maybe you were there when I was there. I'm assuming you were there the weekend of June 19th? The folks told me about how many bikers had piled through over the weekend; said they had a record sales day that Saturday the 20th. I rolled through on Sunday the 21st and they were out of ice cream, but at least I was able to chow a bacon cheeseburger before continuing on to Willow HS. Got stumped for a milkshake again when I rolled back in for fuel several days later....dammit.

@bambr - not sure what you mean about the chair? Since I sat in the thing most evenings and mornings, I'm pretty sure it was setup the right way :lol2 :lol2

@Blaise W - I didn't run into you in Death Valley in April of '19, did I?

Won't have any more video together for a few days as I'm heading out to the woods, but there's lots more to come :D
    jeckyll, ScotsFire and outbacktm like this.
  18. Blaise W

Blaise W Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Maybe so! I always attend the Noobs rally and would have been there early April. Always a good time, and always meet new people at the event. 2021! I hope!
  19. liv2day

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, must have been another inmate. I was down there with my buddy for 6 days of riding, but I think it was just before the noobs rally (April 5-11). Did the CABDR in early March this year and hope to get back down to DV next spring...we'll see what happens with life :D
  20. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Neat
    liv2day likes this.