Alternative to Tripmaster on Adventure

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by dezracer, Sep 6, 2006.

1. dezracer

dezracer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will be participating in the Nevada rally this month and my tripmaster is on the fritz again. I do not want to replace it for $350.00 from tourateck.

Anyone have any ideas on alternative (inexpensive) unit with roadbook and reset capability? I can get creative on mounting options if anyone has idea. Thanks in advance
  2. dezracer

Oddometer:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be participating in the Nevada rally this month and my tripmaster is on the fritz again. I do not want to replace it for $350.00 from tourateck.

Anyone have any ideas on alternative (inexpensive) unit with roadbook and reset capability? I can get creative on mounting options if anyone has idea. Thanks in advance
  3. dezracer

Oddometer:

4. dezracer

Oddometer:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Zigman had this on his bike. Worked pretty slick. Looked very nice.:wink:
    Try and get a hold of him if you have any questions on how it worked or setting it up.

Trailtech
  6. KenR

KenR Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been looking at the ICO units, specifically the Rallye VR Light.

http://icoracing.com/vr/vr1.htm

I've also considered the Touratech IMO300, but it sure isn't inexpensive!
  7. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:

How much are the ICO units? The dualsport one is listed at $119, but I didn't see any prices on the rally one. :dunno
  8. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    With the help of the local Touratech guys in Seattle, I had mine rebuilt in Germany for about $120 or so. But I recall a thread a few months ago where someone tried this route and it wasn't being done anymore. Worth a call perhaps. The Touratech guys in Germany speak English and respond to inquires on their forums too.

A friend has sucessfully adapated one of these to the dash of this Adv:

http://www.trailtech.net/computer.htm

He had to fiddle around with a mount and vibe isolation, but it works pretty well.

- Mark
  9. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    You'll notice, if you click on the detail pic, that the computer is labelled "panoram" -- which is a bicycle computer made by Topeak. Looks like they may have changed the pickup wiring, but the bike model can be found for substantially less $$. :deal
  10. Sniper X

Sniper X De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Central New Mexico, 7420ft above sea level
    Trailtech Vapor or endurance, I have the endurance like everything about it but the light not staying on, getting the vapor because of just that. Heres mine, looks kinda cool!

Attached Files:

11. dezracer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the replies and sorry about all the double posts. I had copied and pasted on other Adventure forums and they all ended up here:huh

OK got it.....Arch set me straight. Sorry bout that.
  12. dezracer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know which wire (of the wires that would normally go to the trip master) woul be power?
    Also will all of the units above let "reset" to a known milage as in following a roadbook in a rally? My event is coming up in 2 weeks and I really need some quick help here so thanks in advance.
  13. Sniper X

Sniper X De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Central New Mexico, 7420ft above sea level
    The endurance and Lynx are perfect for that. They both offer reset for everything except for maybe triptime. Go to trailtechs website and check out the instructions, which are downloadable. Now, on the wire, get a VOM and check it. On the TT vapor, and Lynx they only need one power wire for the light to stay on, the EndurNCE doesnt do that which is why I am getting the vapor.
  14. Pezz_gs

Pezz_gs Cant ride for crap

Oddometer:
  15. makazica

makazica Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Could anyone please tell me if this is a good choice to replace a chronically malfunctional (read: gives me shait a lot) IMO from Touratech? Also if anybody has experience with Electrosport and maybe this particular unit please share your 2'c

Acewell 3200:
    http://www.electrosport.com/dirt-bike/speedometers-series-3200.php

Thanks!
    M.
  16. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    All I know is the endurance endured about 6 mo on Cevquits lc4, but we ride em hard ...

on the other hand my stock ktm 625 sxc odo works great but list over 200.00

I would say if you dont ride of road constantly the acewell seems ok..
  17. 666

666 Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer:
    My 640 tripmaster never had backlight working , at least since I got it, and now screen goes blank randomly. Interestingly it comes back on if I restart engine. Tachometer is flaky too. Needle jerks all over the place.
    So, I got acewell 3200 from electrosport (they had it for 80). It should replace both, speedo and tach. Just about to install, sometimes later this week. Tank still almost full, need to burn some gas before removal.
    I was wandering if anyone already got it installed and can share some knowledge.
    What would be a good place to put temperature sensor? I don't really feel like installing supplied piece of tubing (3/4" OD) with threaded hole for the temp sensor.
  18. old paul

old paul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  19. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
  20. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer: