Am I a Dumba** or is GS-911 a POS?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by phideaux, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Tor

Tor Imported Norwegian

Oddometer:
    Yes you can, you’d still loose some functionality because the gs911 don’t have a server connection.
  2. Coma

Coma Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It’s not snake oil. I recalibrated my rear ESA which made it functional and avoided replacement. Rear TPMS broke and I relearned the new one before I put it on the rim. Not to mention tune ups and diagnostics.

I recommend you reset the device to factory defaults and start over with the setup.
  3. phideaux

phideaux Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Coma. I did exactly that last night. Followed the instructions to the letter.
    No luck

Had a friend over after that, a software professional, but not a networking guy. Had him do the whole thing....still no go.

Still I think it’s something very simple I’m missing
  4. Coma

Coma Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sometimes it’s just broke. I had a SSD that drove me nuts till I returned it, dang thing was DOA.

Return it. Get another one.
    Rockred likes this.
  5. LAFS

LAFS Long timer

Oddometer:
    I set up the Android app last night.

I installed it on the phone.

Did a search for networks, it found the GS-911.

I smashed on it and it said the phone was gonna connect to it.

The GS had a IP of 10.0.0.2. The Phone 10.0.0.1. It did nag me no internet was available on that connection and I hit dismiss.

I did this in my living room by plugging the GS-911 into a USB phone charger to power it.

It would be the same for a laptop. You both need to be on the same network.

Then when you take your phone back inside or your laptop just hit the little ^ on the Taskbar, hit the Airplane to see wifi networks and pick Home or whatever your Internet connection is in your house. Then when you are on the bike, plug the GS-911 in and it sees power, you hit the wifi and pick the GS-911 and bang open the app and your on.

In my house the phone, laptop, and GS-911 all play and see each other. However once in my garage there is no Wi-FI. However by setting them all to a non routable I address(10.0.0.1, 10.0.0.2, 10.0.0.3) allows them to see each other no matter if there is Internet or not. It is what was being said about a Intranet which is what I have spoke a little about and the reason I mention the nag I got that says no Internet is available. Internet is not needed to run the GS-911, all that is needed is a Intranet. Inter, Intra.

Then when you take your phone back inside or your laptop just hit the little ^ on the Taskbar, hit the Airplane to see wifi networks and pick Home or whatever your Internet connection is in your house. Then when you are on the bike, plug the GS-911 in and it sees power, you hit the wifi and pick the GS-911 and bang open the app and your on.

I hope I have helped a bit and not insulted you at all. Always hard to tell where peoples heads are with computer stuff.

If you want to call I will walk you through setting it up on the phone as that is the coolest. Just PM me.
    Ron50 likes this.