Amsoil vs. Mobil 1

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by izzy's, Jul 4, 2010.

1. little foot

little foot seriously not serious Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    BAM!!!!! + elevendy million.
  2. hikelbum

hikelbum Lurker

Oddometer:
    Politics, religion and oil threads :clap
  3. 4wheeldog

4wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:

Anyone that has the user name "Oildoc" and a post count of 11 is a bit overly impressed with himself, and just a troll here. I am not interested in what you think is good oil. You are free to not care about my choices. Enjoy your Kool Aid
  4. Oil Doc

Oil Doc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not 'overly' impressed with myself... After over 27 years of doing this, I do think I have a little more knowledge on the subject than many but, don't know it all, which is why I have continuing education classes.

So, in your valued Opinion, Because I have 11 posts, I don't know what I am talking about ? I was asked to come to this site by a forum member.

As for you or anyone else, I don't care what oil you use, I just try to promote the use of the proper products... Instead of posts such as "you can use any oil"

As far as the "Oil Doc", I was given that nick many years ago by a friend who has since passed away. I am proud of it. Don't give 2 hoots what you think.

The Best isn't cheap
    Cheap isn't The Best

Doc
  5. Oil Doc

Oil Doc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Still waiting for the ASTM Tests you were talking about.

Oh, BTW... Sportrider magazine has had the tests performed on some oils as well, till it got too expensive for them. One of the last paragraphs in the original article states "AMSOIL performs as stated"

But hey, maybe they are biased as well. I think anyone who doesn't agree with you, you will call biased.

The Best isn't cheap
    Cheap isn't The best

Doc
  6. Anorak

Anorak Woolf Barnato Supporter

Oddometer:
    This isn't an oil thread any more, it's a guy who sells the product shilling it. So far, since he joined the site, he has only posted in this thread.
  7. Teambarr

Teambarr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm going with what I believe to be the intent of the post and that the BRAND does not matter as long as the viscosity is correct.

Now that I think about it shouldn't this post be in the Vendor section?
  8. 4wheeldog

4wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope......Because you have 11 posts, and are shilling for your own profit, you are a TROLL. And one that is overly impressed with himself. Go peddle your over priced oil to someone that shives a git. Try doing it in "Vendors".
  9. Teambarr

Teambarr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are you draining the oil out of your 2008 and putting in your 2002? This seems like a lot of work but each to their own.
  10. Oil Doc

Oil Doc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am not selling anything here.

The Best isn't cheap
    Cheap isn't The Best

Doc
  11. herm

herm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wauwatosa, Wi Where the winters are way too long
    Bull shit.:rofl
  12. Bill-66

Bill-66 I don't even know... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where has the man tried to sell something..because he's better at the debate than you, doesn't make him wrong..Provide the bullshit tests he asked for and he'll shut up..or..maybe you can't..:ear

It's ok to be afraid of technology you may not understand..and it's ok to to become more educated about it to..

and..if you wanna run soy bean oil in yours..he's said he is ok with that..

And..at this point..maybe it should move to vendors..
  13. Bill-66

Bill-66 I don't even know... Supporter

Oddometer:

Show me the post where he did...:ear

Just sayin..
  14. Bikerboy108

Bikerboy108 Pat from Jersey

Oddometer:
    Hey I'm Italian and own a Ducati... Can I use Virgin Olive Oil on my salad or should it be Extra Virgin? Pat from Joisey
  15. Anorak

Anorak Woolf Barnato Supporter

Oddometer:
    Better at debate? How? Using Donald Trump to sell the merits of the business not the product?
  16. Oil Doc

Oil Doc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I didn't take it there.

That was to a reply to the post about AMSOIL being a pyramid scheme. The attack was on.

I suppose it is my fault for not rolling over and playing dead instead of replying.

What's the matter with Donald Trump ? I won't vote for him if he runs for Pres., but I respect the man for being a Self-Made Billionaire. Evidently, you must be jealous of him for doing so. Oh, I also believe in tax cuts for the rich.

Now, let's get back on track and talk about oil. It is my passion, it is my life, and has been Since 1984

The Best isn't cheap
    Cheap isn't The Best

Bob
  17. 4wheeldog

4wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, he has been bankrupt at least twice, (Which means he cheated a lot of people out of a lot of money), he has bad hair on a good day, and you brought him to the table.

If you go back and look, instead of bringing in very poor examples, my point was spending more, and even perhaps getting a better product, doesn't save you a nickel if it is better than you need. I drive Toyotas, not Benzs. And multi-level marketing is just a legal version of a pyramid scheme. Amway makes good products.........I don't choose to buy them, because of their marketing. Same with am soil.

So, no........We are no longer discussing oil, because you brought your comb over hero in as an example.
  18. 4wheeldog

4wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:
    And by the way, you are still a troll.
  19. Tucson Jim

Tucson Jim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Back to topic:

This being a free market and all, and since I ride a disposable Jap bike, I use Mobile One because it's cheaper and more available.
  20. Oil Doc

Oil Doc Adventurer

Oddometer:

Again: YOU brought up the marketing and Pyramid part..

Every business out there would be shaped like a pyramid when drawn on paper.

Problem here is, you have no idea what a "Pyramid" business is.

I still go back to... Self Made Billionaire... I suppose you think after going bankrupt, he should have called it quits. If everyone that failed quit after the first time, we wouldn't have squat in this world.

I don't have time to continue this right now.

You are the one keeping this alive.. up to you.

The Best isn't cheap
    Cheap isn't The Best

Doc