Anakee Adventure

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Las, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Las

Las Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m about to pull the trigger on a set of Anakee Adventures for my 1250 GS on the recommendation of a friend. But, I’m a bit concerned about how well they will handle on pavement if ridden aggressively as I often do. Looking for something that will handle dirt a bit better than the Bridgestone Battleax A41s that came with the bikeBut I don’t want to compromise on grip on pavement. Not concerned about mileage. What say ye who have had AAs on their bikes? (not Anakee 3s, 2s or Wilds, please- and not other brands, thanks.)
  2. marcmarc

marcmarc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    upload_2019-9-30_9-38-54.png

upload_2019-9-30_9-39-8.png

Go for it :-)
  3. Podman

Podman Rocketman

Oddometer:
    If you ride that aggressively then put a racing slick on
    I seriously doubt you willl ever exceed this tire
    IMG_3794 3.jpeg
    SlowPok and Thomas21 like this.
  4. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Same as @marcmarc here. Excellent tire for aggressive riding on the street as well as gravel capabilities.

My only complaint has been self induced. If I approach a corner still upright and use both front and rear brakes to scrub off extreme high speed, I can slip the rear a little until I transition over to the softer side rubber. Not a big deal as long as I am expecting to back into the corner. Only real surprise initially was the loud “bark” the tire has when doing so.
  5. DMack_762

DMack_762 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I put 8900 miles on my OEM set of Bridgestone Battleax A41s... I loved their grip on the road, and in the wet. I too, went to the Anakee Adventures and I find I like them even better. I have not ridden them in the pouring rain as I did the A41s yet, since we have not had any rain lately since I switched tires. But, the road grip is excellent and the turn in seems a bit more neutral than the A41s.

I commute daily on my bike, and the Anakee Adventures definitely are confidence inspiring. They are more predictable on hard pack as well, than the A41s. I'm definitely happy with the AA's.
    rider1150gsadv likes this.
  6. Boxerbreath

Boxerbreath 2017.5 GS Black Storm

Oddometer:
    I doubt most riders will exceed the capabilities of any 80/20 tires on the street.
    Backing it in?...
    I guess that’s possible with ABS and TC turned off, but who really does that on the street with a GS?
  7. -2wheelsgood-

-2wheelsgood- Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have about 1800 miles on my R1250GSA so far with the Anakee Adventure. I came from a long line of sportbikes and a Multistrada 1200S that I absolutely loved the sportiness of. Loosing the sporting capability was a huge concern from me coming from the Multistrada (which I had the Michelin Pilot Road 4's on). I can say I have been MORE than happy with the GSA in general and the Anakee Adventures in particular. I had a 250 mile ride yesterday with about 30 of dirt in the middle of. It did well on gravel and as soon as I get back on the pavement I put it into dynamic pro and am back to leaning and hauling ass again. I am amazed at how well the bike does in multiple scenarios.
    DMack_762 and Boxerbreath like this.
  8. Las

Las Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. Boxerbreath

Boxerbreath 2017.5 GS Black Storm

Oddometer:
    Yeah you said it all brother.
    I had a Multi before and loved it, but the GS is just so much easier to ride overall.
    DMack_762 likes this.
  10. Las

Las Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Impressive! Thanks. My concerns are fast melting away.
  11. Las

Las Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks, all! AAs ordered and on their way! Great to have this forum as a resource.
    DMack_762 and tentative_rider like this.
  12. JPCollinsworth

JPCollinsworth Compulsive Spender

Oddometer:
    Be sure to apply for the $30.00 MasterCard Reward Card. MotorcycleTirePromo.com for details. Just don't hold your breath waiting to receive it.
  13. tentative_rider

tentative_rider Wanna Be On Gravel

Oddometer:
    You won't regret it.

Excellent tire on gravel and street and also in the rain.

I don't lean as much as some of yall but can get a controlled slide from the rear on chip seal with heavy throttle, very predictable, like any Michelin tire.

I am on my third rear and second front (1250 GSA)

And better mileage than any other dual sport tire I have run on any big GS.

TR
    DMack_762, Podman and Fosters like this.
  14. DMack_762

DMack_762 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also ride my big girl pretty aggressively. Coming from a lifetime of sport bikes and track days, I keep my GSA on Dynamic Pro / Dynamic Auto all the time. These Anakee Adventures never shake my confidence, and I can really tell when she transitions to the softer compound on the side of the rear tire. I'm so confident with these, I'd do a track session with them. I just have not had any rain since I fitted them. I live in Florida, so it's coming.

Night and day better than my OEM A41s.
  15. keny72

keny72 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking of paring a Anakee Adventure rear whit the Karoo 3 front I have now (that I like really), don't want a Karoo 3 rear, to aggressive in the 150/70 size compared to a 170/60. Karoo-street as TKC70 are my other options for the rear. Need a M+S approved tire for winter months. Have a Tourance rear now, but don't work in colder temperatures (below 10C)
  16. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1! I made the identical switch.
  17. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just finished riding for 8 days on wet roads in the Alps (Stelvio, Grossglockner, etc) on a 1250 GS Adv on AA with 8,000 Kms on the clock. The tires were down to the wear bars on the sides. I was very impressed with these tires riding two up and the wet road grip was very good considering the wear, the front did slide slightly on two switchbacks, but I may have been too agressive for the conditions.

Compared to my Karoo 3s at home they were quiet. Riding the autobahn at 193Kph, two up, very stable. I'm considering them for my next set and yes that is snow on the road, (Stelvio Pass)

brian

DSCN3103.jpg IMG_1437.jpg
    marcmarc likes this.
  18. spnorm1

spnorm1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think they’re a terrible tyre for hard road use and was glad to replace them on my 1250. I had some major slides on both wet and dry roads and found them lacking feedback. All my riding is done on asphalt with the missus on the back, bar a few gravel backroads in Normandy in June avoiding roadblocks during the D-Day 75th commerations.

I’ve now fitted Continental Trail Attack 3’s and they’re a vast improvement in terms of grip and handling. I can’t comment on their off-road capabilities.
  19. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Good feedback, perhaps I wasn't as aggressive as I thought....lol The TA 3's are duly noted. thanks
  20. marcmarc

marcmarc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    BTW I've made a switch from Pirelli Scorpion STRs, which are brilliant asphalt tires and I was somewhat sceptical of the grip levels offered by Anakee Adventures, but IMHO the only real difference is the profile of the tire. On Pirellis I was unable to close the front while having rear tire ridden to the very edge, on Michelins both tires are roughly on the same percent off the edge all the time.

Having some experience on the track I wasn't expecting that, usually the profile of the front tire much different and only Marquez could use the very last part of the tire :D