Andorra-Is it cheaper, or just a myth?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by robxxx, Jul 20, 2019.

1. robxxx

robxxx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I get it that the usual cross border stuff, alcohol, tobacco, and fuel may be cheaper than France or Spain. But I dont see any proof that anything else is. I was under the impression, possibly wrongly, that I would be tripping over bargains in downtown Andorra.
    I started nosing around some of the bike stores via Google maps tonight, and discovered that their not as cheap as I expected. Did I miss all the Klim stuff at half price? Or was it never really there?
  2. pip_muenster

pip_muenster curious

Oddometer:
    That depends on what you're used to. I went to the large motorcycle gear shop in Andorra with 5 or 6 English blokes, half of them Expats living permanently in rural Spain. They loved the selection and the prices. I myself however have 3 or 4 excellent large MC gear shops at home, and the moto gear pricing seemed to be about the same as in Germany.
  3. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree with this I found the selection good and the prices higher than here in Canada. Downtown was interesting for about a half hour. Now if my wife had have been along........
  4. Roadscum

Roadscum Long timer

Oddometer:
    Agreed!
    Louis, in Mannheim was an annual stop for me when I kept a bike in Heidelberg. The cafe's and motorcycle dealership in the area kept my attention for many hours. I miss that.

Paul
  5. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    Andorra used to be much cheaper than anything else in Europe ages ago. Taxes on some things are still lower than the rest of Europe, but it's not nearly as good a shopping place as it was in the 70's and 80's. :gerg

I wouldn't go for the shopping, but there is definitely some good riding in that area :ricky and if you happen to find something that's a good deal, well it's a win-win... :freaky

Gustavo
  6. MichaelJ

MichaelJ Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was there in 2016 and was pleasantly surprised at how much hotel I got for my Euro. Compared to the Alps, at least.
  7. Scapadu

Scapadu Motomaniac

Oddometer:
    I know Andorra since i was a little boy. It has been a very cheap place years ago, but it is now just close to normal, apart of the gas !