ANF Next Fest: Dec 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th!

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by KimPossible, Sep 30, 2009.

1. KimPossible

KimPossible XT Diver!:)

Oddometer:
    It's been asked when is the Next ANF Fest, so here it is! December 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th. Scott and Kimpossible are working on getting this thing off the ground, so any suggested are welcomed! :clap

Looks like Cliff Lake is going to be the spot.

If your interested in great riding, whether it be off road or street ANF has it all! We camp out for a few days for riding, food, drinks, and lots of BS. Usually, people bring their own food, but someone is always is eager to share! Great group of people and you won't regret you came.

Who's IN?

HTSRocker
    PK & KP
    Buzz
    Mug
    Scribe
    Dr.Z
    ineptizoid
    rider1150gsadv
    sanjoh
    Mini Trail
    650gsrider
    ny-wolcott
    Phædrus-maybe

Okay, if your name isn't here you can still come.:deal This isn't a paid event!!

2. HTSRocker

HTSRocker Long timer

Oddometer:
    I reserve the right to edit

These are some of the thoughts pruned from the mutineer rules for BYOB.

They may sound harsh but they make sense. Lets take it from here.

no fucking bands,<s>no fucking porta potties</s>, no scheduled rides, no maps handed out, and if you want it there, you better bring it there.

This is about hanging with your moto buddies and riding motorcycles then telling lies back in camp at days end. If that ain't enough stay home, because you won't have any fun. This is a meeting of self reliant ADV types, no matter what they ride in on.

You are responsible for your own good time and safety.

This is a low to no services rally. You are getting is notice on where your buddies might meet up and when. No one assumes responsibility for anyone else.

Like everything else if you didn't bring it then it won't be there. That includes food, tools, first aid and insurance. There is always plenty of helping hands around, but be ready to handle your own business. This is not a sanctioned event of any kind, it is an informal gathering of friends.

If you guys want a group meal, then someone needs to volunteer to set it up.

If someone does set up the meal then people who eat prepay the man, and there are NO REFUNDS for any reason whatsoever. If you paid for a meal and can't make the rally tough shit.

The cost to attend is the same as it ever was, show the hell up and have some fun.

Cliff Lake N30 08.382 W84 55.932

Here are some .GPX files use them, study the area. These files are your freinds.
    If you are not sure how they work go over to Layin' down tracks and click on Viewing GPX files it may help you

ANF Waypoints

ANF Morning Clif to Cliff morning 97miles .GPX

Cliff to OHV to Cliff Loop

<iframe width="825" height="750" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=108497234806098835730.000474f839ec40836f95a&amp;ll=30.139166,-84.932792&amp;spn=0.00001,0&amp;t=h&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=108497234806098835730.000474f839ec40836f95a&amp;ll=30.139166,-84.932792&amp;spn=0.00001,0&amp;t=h&amp;source=embed" style="color:#F0FFFF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
  3. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    N :D

Cliff Lake/Camp Phallus is superb for this again :thumb
  4. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    4Yes, indeed$ :evil
  5. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    :deal I'll be there:deal
  6. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    HandiJenk 5000. so Chris will have somewhere to camp:augie
  7. KimPossible

Oddometer:
    Looks like we have debate going about the campsite. Is Cliff Lake the area Pre-ANF was held? Cause I wasn't paying attention.:eek1 PK, thought the campsite was perfect that was chosen for Pre-ANF. Showers just down the road is a plus for me! :evil Although, I can live without them!
  8. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    Nope That was Moore Lake.

Cliff Lake was the place ANF was last year, and perfect spot on the West side of the woods
  9. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt More or less in line

Oddometer:
    Moore Lake is SWEEEEEEEET. Was there a lake at ANF? All I remember was a helicopter pad.:confused

[​IMG]
  10. KimPossible

Oddometer:
    Does a pond count?:evil
  11. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    IN like a champ!
  12. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    here's a jpg i sent RideThis last night showing the locs of both Cliff Lake (Dec ANF/Be Nice Fest) and Moore Lake (ANF Pre-Fest)

[​IMG]

this gives a good idea too of how friggin big the ANF is :nod

Something to keep in mind: the dates for Pre-Fest at Moore Lake (and the nearby pvt land that was the original site that fell through) were chosen specifically to coincide w/ an FSU home game (fewer folks from TLH in the woods) and the fact that the TTR's were going to be riding elsewhere last weekend. As Buzz, Joey and Scott can tell you better, without those 2 factors the Moore Lake ORV area would have been packed w/ trail riders :nod

Thus the Moore ORV area may well be crawling w/ bike traffic on the December 4-6 dates we're talking about for the ANF NextFest.

For this and other reasons (like more action for the big bikes) i'd like to vote for Cliff if there's still any debate about it. I'll go to either loc with gusto, of course :lol3

Not much time to get personal planning underway regardless-- 8 weeks. It's gonna fly by :nod

Can't wait, y'all :ricky
  13. Hatch

Hatch We're not hitchhiking anymore, we're riding!

Oddometer:
    Pencil me in:thumb
  14. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    Tom Connell needs to be at NextFest :nod

keep that IN-list current, Kim. The Superstars need to see their names in lights

Where's Flux?
  15. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    I'll second that! Tom is good people and I really enjoyed riding with him:nod

Where is that jawja bastige- Flux? Ought to put him down as IN- we'll go get him if we have to. Put the whole DOG bunch down. They can't miss this one!!

Jody? Howzabbout some more of that top shelf BBQ:dg
  16. HTSRocker

HTSRocker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Please understand that after the start of Regular Gun Season the only places permitted to camp in the Apalachicola National Forest are the Designated Hunt Camps...Cliff Lake is one of the Designated Hunt Camps.

During that same time frame there is a small camp spot on the New River in Tate's Hell that will probably be available for a FEE. The space could support eight to ten tents with motorcycles. Parking for trailer/trucks/motor homes/magic pumpkins would have to be off site and You would have to shit in the woods

For Three dollars per vehicle...Whitehead lake Hunt Camp, does have somewhere to sit and shit and a trash container. It could have hunters or transients set up. I stayed there with Kelley during the summer and we carved our names in a tree

Porter Lake is also a Designated Hunt Camp does have a shitter is free and may have other campers ... at this location if it should rain, there is an excellent chance of your gear getting wet. I have stayed there several times
  17. Buzztail

Oddometer:

:raabia :nomystery :rogue

It couldn't go without notice.... :poser

I really like Cliff Lake, but if Kim needs us to do some scouting of the other places.... I 'spose I can be talked into a ride :augie
  18. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel See Ya At The Swamp Supporter

Oddometer:
    :rolleyes "No"! :yikes
  19. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel See Ya At The Swamp Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is a sinkhole at Moore Lake that is anybody's guess as to how deep :dunno

I couldn't see the bottom :nah
  20. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    Reminds me of Prom Night:lol3