ANF Next Fest: Dec 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th!

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by KimPossible, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    A wise man once said:

2. forrestrider

forrestrider Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer:
    Wish I could make it, was looking foward to it. but need to do a lot of extra cred. in 1 class plus the final tues, and then a cert. exam, for a class I hate. Ins. lady called to day to tell me whats going on left a voice mail on my phone, Ive called her 3 times last week, and twice to day and always out for the day. Not sure whats going on one ins. lady calls me to tell me to call another- WTF. Went to my 2nd appt. to the orthopedic Dr, and he told me the swelling has gone down and it should not be as much pain.
    Holy Shit he was right, the swelling has gone AND the pain IS much less ($60.00) then he asked if I wanted any pain pills. I told him pain is weakness leaving the body. and Im a strome M/Fer,
  3. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    No prob..I am also unable to pack the extra sleepingbag...Sorry dudes but the luggage can only hold so much....:bluduh
  4. forrestrider

Oddometer:
    Oscar you were a Oilfield Diver. Dont you know how to use This????
  5. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    Oscar i'm good on the extra bag angle now-- stuffed an old bulky nylon/flannel bag into the canvas duffel that will be JP-ported to camp :D I'll bet a beer that that bag is older than Phaedrus :twitch

Just got the new T-master popped on. A few more fiddles and adjustments and it's sack time. Gonna be hard to sleep :nod

Travel safe, friends
  6. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    Been up kicking around for an hour or so... I'll probably roll out around noon.
    Anyone need anything while I'm loading the truck?
  7. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Oscar, bring that bag by the house, I'll haul it up
  8. tconnell

tconnell Old Nocker.. Gitin' Young

Oddometer:
    I'm throwing all caution to the wind. Final packing going on now. Will leave here by about 3pm and hopefully that will put me in there about 5:30

See you and hopefully the offer from Dick still stands as I'll be Mr. No Tent.

Tommy
  9. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    :thumb I'll have a toasty fire going by the time you get there Sir

Just so you FFs know- I am NOT packing light for this one. Kitchen sink? Check
  10. sanpau

sanpau Love to Ride

Oddometer:
    You guys and gals have a great time....it is still warm here in South FL....hopefully will cool down a bit this weekend....ride safe and most of all have fun....Some of us have to WORK...:cry Looking forward to all the picts.:eek1
  11. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel See Ya At The Swamp Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sccaauugghhtt said he blames you Paula, along with Andrew "Uncle Larry" for all the cold weather in the panhandle

The two of you keep wishing for it to cool down in SoFla :freaky
  12. forrestrider

Oddometer:
    Ok some of you been there sence yesterday So weres the pic.????
  13. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Is it cold? Wicked cold here with a touch of H20.
    Yall have fun now ya hear!:rofl
  14. sanpau

sanpau Love to Ride

Oddometer:
    Scott needs to come to SFL then where today is another warm, humid day ....everyone still wearing short sleeve shirts and shorts.....We have our school Holiday party tonight and it really feels like December....HA....maybe if I get the house decorated this weekend and I will crank the a/c down to 50 it will feel seasonal.:lol3 Have to get it all decorated and items put away before sanjoh returns from ANF...... You and joLinda ready for a shopping trip to SFL yet.....you have a place to stay!:wink:
  15. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Back home already? Your back must be givin you a fits.
  16. tconnell

tconnell Old Nocker.. Gitin' Young

Oddometer:
    Scott -

I just got back here about 6pm. I got down there just about dark yesterday after leaving Valdosta at about 3. The fire was going when I pulled in at dark and I was sure cold. Buzz and the group there had a good fire going and it felt great. Probably wouldn't have made it if I didn't get the invite by Dick to stay in his RV. That was very nice of him and we had good conversations and he's got a neat pup.

We were up at about 8:30 I guess and messed around until about 10:30-11:00 and then there seemed to be two ideas on rides. Fast and wet or slower and dry. Some didn't mind the standing water and some did. I was in the latter group. Somehow in the next 20 minutes the two groups merged and I had to go with the fast group then. We had a rather spirited ride :D

As we were starting to be served, it started to rain. Not hard but we knew it was on it's way. We dashed out to retrieve helmets and jackets and put them on the porch then came back in to finish the meal. Some how I do remember your name being thrown around a good bit. I'll let Mugg and Buzz and others on all of that as a good deal of things led back to long before I met you guys.

On the way back up 65 to Cliff Lake the rain was getting harder and colder and I made an executive decision that I'd rather not spend a day sitting down there in the rain, so came back and loaded the KLR and bid them all good by and I hit the road a little before 3pm. Took just under 3 hours to make the run back via 65, I-10 and then 221 into Quitman and then Hwy 84 into home. Raining all the way and really coming down the last 30-40 miles. My hands and boots were soaked.

They all were having a good time when I left and you were sorely missed.

Maybe we can do one without the rain one day. Take care and heal up man. A few snaps of the going's on this time.
    through the woods to a neat little restaurant for great food. That one ride was worth the 325 mile round trip for me. I love that type of ride.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
  17. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Me either... Haven't even left for my hunting trip yet and we even have nice warm and comfortable shooting houses there. :deal

Rained yesterday afternoon and evening here, rained most of the night here. 80% chance of rain today here... I've been working out in the warm and dry gym :lift Scott's been on the injured list... :kurt Hopefully nobody ends up with pneumonia from this nasty weekend... :sick

I've been waiting it out. Living on top of some of the best riding south of the north Georgia mountains gives me the opportunity to pick and choose my riding and weather conditions since great riding is less than a mile from my front door. (not an accident) :wink:

Seriously... I hope y'all have a good time out there and that the injured and/or sick list doesn't grow this weekend. :clap

$bob$ who is warm and dry and glad of it... :D
  18. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    :freaky .................:dog ..........:vardy.......... :2cry ..........:sick

Tommy, thanks for posting the report and pictures. I'm pretty sure twenty years from now, I'll be "OK" with missin this one.
    :lurk
  19. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel See Ya At The Swamp Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just got off the phone with sanjoh and Flyin' Brian :freaky

Couldn't help but give John sheeeeeeeeet about already being at Brian's camp

He said it was pretty cold in ANF :vardy
  20. forrestrider

Oddometer:
    Its almost 10:00 pm were is the pic????. I got to go to bed soon cause I got to get up early, so I can take a nap before class tommrow. Dam people have some respect for the bikelessley challenged. I may try to do this for my next trick.