ANF Next Fest: Dec 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th!

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by KimPossible, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    Man that stew was good. Did inept ever find his gloves?
  2. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    They must've ended up in the stew. :lol3 I thought something tasted like chicken!
  3. tconnell

tconnell Old Nocker.. Gitin' Young

Oddometer:
    SICK! You're all totally Sick.. but what a fine group - First one that reports Phneumonia gets to be 'Un-Sick!'

I can't tell from the reports or pictures yet...:huh but I had a grand time. Even the ride back to V'Town was pretty good with three hours of poaring rain. You know, your nose sticks out from your goggles and peppering rain that comes over the windshield will kill your nose at 80 on I-10. One gas/cel call/pee break and I was back on the slab. As I rolled out of the service station I again saw the lighted Krispy Kreame doughnut sign at the station and remembered that was why I chose that exit. I wasn't about to stop and get out of all that gear for a dozen hot doughnuts! Ohhh, but it would have gone well with the hot cup of coffee that stayed hot for about 5 minutes in the draft. Guess the cold and driving rain had once once again seeped through the thinning cranium to dull those last active brain cells. The few left were in the auto brain department... hunker down, twist the throttle, look way ahead, don't hit nothin' and remember to turn off at 221 so I don't go to Jacksonville. The last 30 minutes after I got off that slab saw the hardest rain.

[​IMG]

Decided from the look of the 606's that it's time for a change. So I had the new Shinko's 705's mounted up yesterday. Anyone else out there getting two tires changed for less than $8 bucks?

I've also removed all the plastic and replaced the bent fairing mount and while I had all that off, I installed the HD headlight harness that came in while at the fest. It's from Easteren Beaver and Jim makes some real high quality stuff. Now my fairing is straight and my headlights will be both brighter and shine down the highway instead of down into the ditch to the right.

[​IMG]

Gonna be interesting to see what these 75/25 tires will do on hard pack, but with Oscar having them on the GS, I feel better about it.

Mug, if you have time in the coming months, I'd like to ride over there and have you take me along on those roads/trails you came through on your jaunt over. Sounds like that was fun.

Ya'll be good - Santa is listening

Old Knocker
  4. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    Yes sir. That will be a pleasure. As much as you enjoyed some brisk scooting on those wide forest superhighways, you will be 100% stoked rambling down these twisty, undulating old farm-to-market trails

And in fact we will be doing the run again soon. :nod

See http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531959&page=4

Buzz kicks off the discussion at post #53. I will design a composite route from around Ponce de Leon east to Sneads that uses route parts from Scott, Treeman, and myself. Will find some dirt into Tallahassee and then pick up the routing to Osceola/Ocean Pond that we did last April

Good stuff, for sure
  5. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Gang!!:wave It was an absolute pleasure to meet new FF's and see the usual motley crew around the campfire that kept turning a corner every 15 minutes....:lol3
    I had an absolute blast even though the weather was the worst I had ever been "in meinem ganzen leben"...:rofl
    I took no pics as I was to busy getting :loaded, splitting wood, building :kumbaya and staying warm and eat:dg the great food everyone was so nice to share :freaky
    A big thanks to Buzz for the wood and water :bow, a big thanks for DR Z for the Dutch oven stew and cake :bow Sanjoh for the brain matter I was kneeding to pulp :patch , whoever brough the Schnitzengruben (sausages), and last but not least a big thanks to (Walther)PK and Kim for the BACON and eggs and the baked goodies :bow
    The lunch ride was the highlight with the good food and company!!
    I found out that the GS doesn't like soft stuff :bluduh even with the Shinko's but loves the hardpack gravel. Tommy you'll like 'm with your much lighter bike. As if you needed any help in the riding dept....:lol3
    Great times and great company made it worth the 1100 plus mile roundtrip ride!!!
  6. ShortDistanceHunter

ShortDistanceHunter Vagitarian

Oddometer:
    well i dont care how much fun you retards say you had, i dont believe any of it. i was there and i didnt have any fun! and you all didnt make me feel very welcome. and that guy with the barbed wire in the eye bled on me. and when i asked for some dumpcake, oscar told me to go to the jenkemator for some dumpcake. that wasnt very nice.

you people have some sort of sick jenkem fetish by the way. theres professional help out there. seek it.

time to go so i can fire up deer drive on my wii. coffees ready, and im staying warm n dry in the house.

you all can kiss my ass.
  7. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    :nah Too much Jenkem on it...:nod :lol3
  8. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I must be the third most quoted ADV Rider in history.... :lol3

Glad y'all had a good time despite the third most aweful weather in the history of the universe... :eek1

$bob$ Still warm and dry but tomorrow is opening day for hunting season so that won't last.... (90% Chance of Rain Here) :lol3
  9. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    Well, too bad you couldn't make it to another event that took place in your backyard $boob$. :csm Of course, I don't blame you. The weather sucked, the riding sucked, the food sucked, hell, as a matter of fact, the whole shindig sucked. :nod And to top it off, we had to deal with the :asshat that was SDH. Next time I think I'll stay home and :viking myself. :huh

Against my better judgement, I guess I'll post the few pics that I took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh shit, sorry... wrong thread! :evil

Here's some pics from Friday of the crappy ANF event...

For those that have never attended the event, here's some pics of the gathering place... (notice all the standing water and generally crappy weather) :bluduh

Main road coming into the campground...
    [​IMG]

Pic of the dumbasses (myself included) that attended the event. (BTW, if you look closely, you can see SDH in there somewhere :deal)
    [​IMG]

The spring fed lake adjacent to the campground...
    [​IMG]

Obligatory ADV event sign... :thumb
    [​IMG]

Good thing some jackass brought that canopy... otherwise we would have been some really wet FF's :lol3
    [​IMG]

More in a few minutes... (I have to go make some seam sealer after posting the above pics)... :augie

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  10. Dr.Z

Oddometer:
    Saturday's pics :evil

As stated earlier, a few of us decided to go out and have some fun despite all the naysayers and that dickhead SDH...

Surprisingly enough, we found some crappy, muddy trails just like $boob$ said we would (imagine that)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's Mug trying to camouflage himself ready to go after a buck that was purportedly chained to a tree in the woods :wink:
    [​IMG]

More of the jeep trail madness...

Mug parking only... :D
    [​IMG]

NY-Wolcott taking the center line rather than the edge...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Inept trying to stay dry...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scribe on his new minibike (that fooker can make any bike look small :D)
    [​IMG]

More miscellaneous shots...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After surviving the Jeep trails, I told the gang there was a cool overlook a few miles from where we exited...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the scenic overlook, we headed back for camp as we were wet and it was getting late. :vardy

More to come later...

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  11. Dr.Z

Oddometer:
    Back at camp on Saturday evening, Oscar started chopping some wood so we could keep warm. It was, after all, the 3rd worst weekend in the history of the world or some shit like that. :poser

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice fire we got going, eh? :thumb
    [​IMG]

Stories were told around the campfire, many beers were consumed, the barrio blaster was chiming some good tunes, & a good time was had by all. :freaky:kumbaya

Taken just before nite nite time Sunday at about 1am... :vardy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note to self... don't leave your riding gear outside to dry out if you're planning on riding the next day and there's a freeze warning. :bluduh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SDH must have struck in the middle of the night and wrote this on the wagon... stupid bastid!

[​IMG]

Hey SDH... :boid

[​IMG]

Here's a few pics of Scribe on the Sunday ride...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Weird flora found on the Dr.Z day hike/ride...

[​IMG]

That's about all the pics I've got. I had a great time even with all the crappy and cold weather. I'm glad you fellas liked the dutch oven cookin'. That was the first time I cooked in them cast iron pots so y'all were the guinea pigs! :wink:

Almost forgot...

MMMMMM... bacon! :tb
    [​IMG]

12. ny-wolcott

ny-wolcott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Summer-N. Catskills,NY; Winter-Ocala NF, FL
    Damn if we didn't have some tough going, what with the weather, mud, water and that asshole SDH - But God what a great time.

I thank you all (Except SDH)
  13. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    Ineptizoid, his cats and his wife (who I heard but never saw) were kind enough to host me Wednesday night. I left straight from work and got there right around midnight. Thanks again for that.
    [​IMG]

We left the Pensacola rambler on the 200 or so mile 50/50 dirt/street ride to the national forest. I marked the non-paved sections and Mapquest says they are 107 miles. It was 30 or so miles to get to the 50/50. The bricks were not part of the 107 unpaved.
    [​IMG]
    By klatubaradanikto, shot with Canon PowerShot SD750 at 2009-12-11

1st stop was a main draw for me. New Helicopters on Eglin.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also stopped at a river for us to pee and Inept to ride.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    We finallly got there as dark was setting in. I wanted to get my tent set up in the light, but there was a fire burning and I desperately wanted to warm my cockles. Thanks to JP who drove our gear over from Pensacola and helped us get set up.
    [​IMG]
    (Those are Tony's gloves on my seat. They un-assed the joint at some point. I think I left them on another bike. If you find them you are a thieving sumbich.

The next part is a bit of a blur. I think there was a hunter, a captain, warm beer, an MRE and a rock or something involved.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then everything got all psychedelic and shit
    [​IMG]
  15. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    Mug Says this happened when JP was cutting barbed wire,
    [​IMG]

But I think he may have been trying to prevent himself from seeing something.
    [​IMG]

Eloy shows off his crotchless rain gear. (which makes no fucking sense)
    [​IMG]

It got miserable again
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This stuff was really good.
    [​IMG]
  16. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    That picture is BadAss !

[​IMG]

Brian, somehow you've gotta move down here with us.
  17. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    I left my family Wednesday morning for this trip and my wife wanted me back. Plus I had to work Monday so with heavy heart, I shoved off Saturday morning after eating a breakfast of bacon, eggs and muffins kindly provided by PK and Kim. I think I also drank a whole pot of JPs coffee. I would have loved to stay and ride, but the math said to be in the truck and on the road at 5:00 in order to make it home before midnight again.

The boys were not impressed with my luggage and worked over my tie-downs. Wolcott even donated a bunjee cord to the cause.
    [​IMG]

I think one of these guys farted or something.
    [​IMG]

I got turned around in the forest trying to find my way out and passed these guys three times.
    [​IMG]

I was a bit paranoid about crossing the base and stopped at Indigo Camp in Eglin to dissasemble my pistol and scatter the parts in my bags. I have yet to find the guide rod and spring so if anyone rides out there, please have a look near the picnic table by the pond. There were fresh tracks from dirt bikes around there, but I couldn't hear any engines.

I did a tiny bit of tresspassing on the new red zone to look at the fake city since I never got to go there when it was open.
    [​IMG]

I saw lots of deer, but one jumped in front of me that I was sure I was going to hit. I had seen it's mother go by so I was already slowed, then assumed that she was alone. When I saw it appear directly in front of me I ducked my head and closed my eyes and waited for the contact. Somehow we missed each other and I made it home. Everything else went as planned except I took the Interstate back to Ineptizoid's and that thing about my spring.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in to make this a miserable event. I owe most of you food, booze gas or clothing.
  18. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    Dick's right-- i did leave a few thank-yous out: Buzz and Joey are the heroes as far as making camp superb goes. As Tony said, without that load of wood and fire elixir, we would have been dreaming of Wii and heated civilian housing, no doubt. That cook grate that Joey welded up was perfect too-- just the right size, and well-built. Thanks a ton, men. I look forward to paying you back at SFIII :nod

Eloy always comes ready to share-- he raised his already high bar this time w/ the experimental dutch ovens-- that stuff works really well, and i expect there will be ADV-Dutch ovens in action at every gig from now on.

Eloy, Bob, John, Kim and PK, Dick, and Tom supplied fine vittle ingredients for 2 solid evening FF meals and 3 breakfasts. Like Inept, i brought personal eating stash (Udon packets, canned fish, clams, oysters, PB, tortillas, nuts etc), but it mostly went unused thanks to the bountiful generosity of our pals. Again-- i look fwd to paying this thoughtfulness back at SFIII in our Hooligan backyard.

And JP made all the difference for us ride-over set by hauling a ton of our stuff so we could ride light and fast. This dude's a generous hero, and is always a blast to have on the trail. His skills, experience, and mad preparation for all conditions is very educational :thumb

Thanks to everyone for sharing your goods, your skills, and most especially your spirit, folks. It what makes these gatherings some of the highlights of these years

Lickin' me chops at the thought of Osceola in Feb, mangs
  19. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    When life gives you a lemon... Make lemonade.... :deal

Y'all are getting so good at adverse conditions camping and riding that "Endeavor to Persevere" should be your motto.... :lol3 :clap :lol3

Or perhaps "Survivalists R Us"... :wink:

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYsFDkp60-M&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYsFDkp60-M&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

$bob$
  20. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    "It's taking the knowledge and sending it into your hand."

And that, survivalists, is how seam sealer was discovered.