Angeles Forest (L.A.) Full Moon Ride

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, Jun 30, 2008.

1. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    Joel,

What time do you guys think you'll be peeling out of Newcomb's tonight?
  2. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is this still the Plan? I'm good with most of it. After Dinner we may add a few new trails that Razer showed us. They follow the same suggested route but add a little spice. 6:30 at the 7-11!:clap

Plan A – I figured that this will give us the most dirt miles and allow us to warm up before the night ride.

6:30 PM - Meet at 7-11 on Oro Vista and Foothill Blvd (Sunland Blvd)

7 PM – Warm up run - Ride up on Big T to Lynx to Pacifico to AC to Newcomb, still daylight

8 PM - Dinner at Newcomb's and wait until it gets dark.

9 PM to Midnight<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Back on AC to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">Mt.</st1:placeType> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Pacifico</st1:placeName></st1:place> and ride downhill, then stop for a break at the parking lot off AFH

Take Mt. Gleason and ride downhill on 4N24 (we normally go uphill on this one)<o:p></o:p>

Cut across Sito’s trail w/ water crossing (this time it will be east to west), my off-road map shows it as 4N25, but Google has it as a continuation of 4N24<o:p></o:p>
    Take a break by the power line steel structure and absorb some emf for the needed energy<o:p></o:p>
    Go uphill on 4N32/BPL (we normally go downhill on this one)<o:p></o:p>
    Stop for break at the junction 3N17 and BPL, 100 yards before the Ranger Station<o:p></o:p>
    Head west on 3N17/SCD and take a break or 2 along the way<o:p></o:p>
    Wait for everyone before we get to Little T at that wide open spot where we normally discover we have a flat tire (maybe 100 yards before you hit Little T)<o:p></o:p>
    Ride down on Little T to Osborne off the 210 and head home.

3. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer:
    I wont be going on this ride, gonna be takin the 990 apart tonight for some checkin over in time for WMRS.

Gotta spoon on a new rear tire and such.

Have a good ride, might get a hair up my ass and meet you guys for dinner at newcombs if anything.

Maybe I can sneak up Rincon.....hmmmmmmmmm
  4. Lear60man

Lear60man Sleeping

Oddometer:
    711 at 630. 10-4
  5. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would guess around 9 PM

Sito, I'm ok with the Razr route.

Joel
  6. lepermasiah

lepermasiah Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Joel, Don't wait at Oro Grande for Dunerat, Oni & I, we will meet you guys at Upper Big "T" & Lynx:freaky

7. Oni

Oni Ronin

Oddometer:
    Hey Joel

Is that bike in your avatar your 640 after you let Rob too close with his sawzall? :D
  8. DannyG

DannyG I have the waypoint. Supporter

Oddometer:
    :cry [FONT=&quot]I&#8217;m out&#8230; since the wife and kids leaving to Israel will be doing family diner today&#8230;[/FONT]
  9. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:

Nice:rofl

I'm actually trying to figure out how to mount wheels and handlebars on the Sawzall so I can do on-trail mods.
  10. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    just got on the computer for the first time in 4 days and i know everyones now meeting up, but i had a huge family emergency and i am in seattle til monday nite.
    catch up with the L.A. crew when i return.
  11. grinder96

grinder96 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I imagine you guys tearing up the mountain with you brights on about now!!

Hope you all have a good time up there!

I am going to bed!:snore
  12. Oni

Oni Ronin

Oddometer:
    Stopped by Dunerat's house on the way home. He was getting ready to go. Told him I had to check if my airfilter came in...and if it did I would change it and meet everyone at Newcomb's. Saw Bruce on the way to Noel's on the way home.

Filter was in :clap so I buzzed Bruce to tell him but got no answer so figured they hit the road already.

Did a bit of wrenching and hit the road to find Newcomb's free of ADV types. Talked to a guy who was 2 up on a blue SV and he said he saw Dunerat and Lepermassiah so sat and kicked back and waited...and waited...swatted some bugs...and waited some more.

About 9:00, figured plans had changed so started down slowly and passed DannyG coming up. He turned around and we chatted for a bit and headed down to Georgies for some pizza.

Hope everyone is o.k. Noel was bragging about his 6 minute tire change earlier in the day...so figured even if someone got a flat it shouldn't take that long.

What happened???? :ear :ear :ear
  13. DannyG

DannyG I have the waypoint. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ok so what happened to all of you??

Oni it was pleasure meeting you hopefully next time we will do some off-road riding..
  14. Rev Kiecker

Rev Kiecker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was out doing a paved ride with the SV tonight. Seeing a dozen or so DS bikes up at Newcombs isn't helping me delay a DS purchase. Thanks for the eye candy in the parking lot.

Btw, I don't think the SV mentioned above by Oni is me. There were two of us there; me on a blue SV and another guy on a yellow SV; neither of us 2-up.
  15. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Made it home OK. That was a great ride. I'll have knobbies on the GS for the next one.

Tim
  16. spafxer

spafxer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I made it home ok. It was a great time even though we were running late on just about everything. Newcomb's at 10:00pm. Had to go with that liquid dinner :1drink

Also had a horrible fish sandwich at Hooter's... Just wasn't meant for any of us to have dinner tonight I guess.

spafxer

jim
  17. bouncing billy

bouncing billy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got home from a most excellent ride only 147 miles.Sito kicked our asses after newcombs,too burnt to type but everyone safe :clap
  18. dunerat

dunerat WTF?

Oddometer:
    f*ckin A !!:clap
  19. dunerat

dunerat WTF?

Oddometer:
    WE rode till 3 thats what :lol3
  20. dunerat

dunerat WTF?

Oddometer:
    Hope everyone is o.k. Noel was bragging about his 6 minute tire change earlier in the day...so figured even if someone got a flat it shouldn't take that long.

What happened???? :ear :ear :ear[/quote]U left out 6min. drunk... get it rite ,got to NR at945 eva and my other sweet ride were inside waitin din din on the FFs from 8oclk .U pre maturely ejected,remember we had a gs with us:huh the bar waited on us???