Angeles Forest (L.A.) Full Moon Ride

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, Jun 30, 2008.

1. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    home and having dinner...

sorry oni and dannyg that we didn't hook up.

totally different kind of ride and experience....and everyone has a story to tell. come on guys, spill the beans....

thanks to everyone who showed up (spafxr came all the way from ventura), there are 12 riders, and 8 finished the ride.

good job sito for leading the ride. thanks to bruce, noel and billy for taking turns sweeping.

i'll post the pics and report this afternoon.
  2. lepermasiah

lepermasiah Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pulled into Newcombs about 9:40, we had a couple of BUFFs on the trail:topes Eva was inside Newcombs, You should have gone inside and looked around.

3. Oni

Oni Ronin

Oddometer:
    Awww.crap! I just sat outside enjoying the mountain air. Glad everyone had fun and got home safe.
  4. Lear60man

Lear60man Sleeping

Oddometer:
    Firstly Big thanks to the guys who organized this ride. This was my first off road adventure and couldnt of asked for more. It put a magifying glass on the things that need to be adresswith my riding style and on my bike (street tires on steep loose dirt isnt smart:lol3). Im sure some one will post the pics of me waving. Bitchin trails and a some real talent in that group. Had to cut out at Newcomes only to find out my flight got canceled once I got home:cry.
  5. dunerat

dunerat WTF?

Oddometer:
    U MEAN..........LIKE THIS!! FF SALUTE:fyyff
  6. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
    Left @ 6:00 p.m. got home @ 3:30 (9 1/2 hrs!) That was a blast! better then I expected! the weather was perfect, and the moon was full & It was great riding with all you guys. Thanks for all the trail beers. I hope everyone made it home in one piece . I was having a major gas issue at the end. Just made to the gas station on vapors!:eek1

Sucks we didn't make it to Newcombs before the kitchen closed :cry We all had a liquid dinner :slurp

To "GS Boy" I tip my hat to you Sir. I was the guy behind you when you ate shit the first time at the start of Lynxs. I thought to myself their is no way this dude is going to make to the top and this may be the most expensive trail ride this GS will ever do!:lol3 . But to my surprise you made it! Big Ass GS with street tires in the dark to the top of Lynxs. That something to be proud about!:clap :pond Not to many guys on a GS could make in the day with knobbies.

Joel thanks for putting this crazy Idea in our heads, can't wait to do it again!:wink:
  7. Rustler

Rustler Happy Camper

Oddometer:
    I got to run to keep from hiding
    And I'm bound to keep on riding
    And I've got one more silver dollar
    But I'm not gonna let them catch me, no
    Not gonna let them catch the midnight riders

8. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Sito! I also owe you a couple of bungees on the next ride.

Tim
  9. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    glad everyone had a blast....see you all on the next one...
  10. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    That must have been you two that I passed on the way up around 9:00pm. About 5 miles before Newcomb's I passed two guys on DS bikes heading back down. I went to Newcomb's and hung out until about 9:45 and they finally showed. It was OK though since I had no time to stop for my normal 18 pack, it allowed me plenty of time to drink before they arrived.

You guys should've waited, it was an excellent ride. I got home to Long Beach around 4:00 am.
  11. fmfpunk

fmfpunk Hooligan in training

Oddometer:
    Who has the Rothmans bike? Way kewl. What is it?
  12. spafxer

spafxer Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's Lear60man's (Christian) Stand Up and Take a Bow..

A TransAlp with special coverings??

Hope it didn't suffer any real damage. It was perfect at the start :clap

Spafxer

jim
  13. Lear60man

Lear60man Sleeping

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jim,
    Yea it was perfect at the begining of the ride!!!!!!! The crash bars did their job and saved everything.......EVERYTHING:eek1 Only a small scratch on the Givis. Blew out a headlight fuse and made it home on the aux lights. I also almost ran out of gas! I knew I was low when I left Newcomes and looked at the GPS and shit when It said next turn 24.4 miles! Started looking at KTMs this morning....with knobbies! That trail was made for a bike with proper tires. Barstow and I were all over the place but would do it again!
  14. NSFW

Oddometer:
    Since this ride ended up being a SATURDAY ride...please post yours here

https://h8c.smugmug.com/photos/334684336_wPjvE-L.jpg

Check out the PICS AND REPORT under the LA Weekend Ride.............:deal

Thanks again to all who participated , sharing the fun and adventure.

Again apologized to Oni and DannyG for messing you guys up.

This one is going to stick as one of the craziest and toughest ride we had.
  15. riceless

riceless Let's Ride!

Oddometer:
    Lear60man, Your bike is beautiful! :thumbup but you're right, you need a KTM. Don't put knobbies on your bike. It'll just cause you to do this again.

[​IMG]
  16. Oni

Oni Ronin

Oddometer:
    Eh...there's always next time. Glad everyone had fun. I should have just come up and hit Lynx real fast... :cry I thought...9:00...they can't be taking THAT long. Figured there was a change of plans mid flight. I was expecting to see everyone at Newcomb's mid meal and mid Marguarita (at least Sito). I had to drink my flask of whiskey myself. :1drink

Yeah Rob...that was us. Passed a few street bikes...probably the SV's and a lone DS (Rob) Slowed down and waited for the following pack...but seeing none figured it wasn't the night riders. DOH. Was thinking of backtracking down Pacifico...but not sure where it was. Didn't make it all the way last time due to the washout.

Long summer ahead....I'm sure Joel will plan another one. :deal

That Rothman's bike looks sweet! Hope to check it out on the next ride! Funny when those bikes were out Bruce and I used to make fun of them...now I wouldn't mind having one! Sahara's might be a good compromise tire for it.

Sito...did you burn through your Kolpins too? I'm sure I would have had to dip into my MSR bottles.
  17. GoNOW

GoNOW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like it was sweet ride. It's killing me that I could not go. Darn SBNF. Can't wait for the next one.
  18. Zen Slug

Zen Slug Spineless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    looks like you crashed on the same lynx gulch turn as me last year :dunno

[​IMG]

isn't that the same mini-bush in the background and everything?! :lol3
  19. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    hey H8chains!
    put one together in august and i WILL be there!!!!
    looked like a blast!:clap
  20. NSFW

Oddometer:

Rustler, now we need to find someone who could sing :strum Can you ride and sing?

Razr....next full moon is Nov 12, but I don't think it really matters.

After WMRS, we may be able to get another one going, possibly the 15th of Aug.
    Definitely we need to have another one cuz it was so much fun:smile6 and nothing like it. I do not want to screw up my planning this time, we missed dinner by 2 fu*^#@! hours!