Angst in the Alvord or some such thing

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by knary, Dec 12, 2005.

1. wibby

wibby BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer:
    I found a drywall screw in my back tire yesturday,:cry

Ordered an new Anakee today, 'sposed to be shipped Wednesday, I'm dropping the wheel off on Wednesday and picking it up on Thursday, So hopefully have it back on Friday!
  2. Fireground

Fireground Parking the engine

Oddometer:
    :bluduh

A couple family things that have come up while visiting them means a potential cancellation just before the ride.

"Craptacular!"

If I do make it, I'll meet you in Eugene Friday AM on the KLR at a place TBD (Gateway?) I'll know for sure in 48 hours.
  3. wachs

wachs just passin' through

Oddometer:
    Yo Cesar - hope you have good raingear buddy - it came down like 2" in an hour yesterday. no dust though! just a thought, you could ride with us out there on friday if Fireground is unable to make the trip. I don't think we'll be going as fast as I originally thought. Just big gravel roads as I doubt if we'll be able to put together the rugged section due to mud. We have 2 other BMWs (GS and a 650). You are more than welcome to come over on thursday and spend the night. we built a new house last year and have good guest quarters with a private bath - not weird. My wife's family is from Brazil and she's really cool. If you wanted to, you could un-load all your camping stuff and stick it on the truck too but you'd need to get here thursday evening. Lemme know.
  4. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    Yep, I have the rain gear... although I would prefer not to have to use it... But as some local folks have told me, June is always a gamble. But as soon as I cross the Cascades, I had foolishly heard...

Anyway, your offer is great Dave! I'll get in touch with Rob and will let you know what's happening in time for you to know whether to expect me Thursday eve. in Tumalo or not.

Thanks buddy, I'll keep you posted.
  5. pckopp

pckopp Aged Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. Motoplaner

Motoplaner PNW Heel Rounder

Oddometer:
  7. RECON

RECON Guit Sum

Oddometer:
    I'm heading southeast from Bend(through the forest) Friday and going east from Christmas Valley toward HWY 395 and then east through Hart Mt., er somewhere, will figure that out... Wondering if there's gas between Christmas Valley and Fields or Frenchglen? Actually, to make sure, is there gas in Fields and/or Frenchglen?
  8. Fireground

Oddometer:
    10 day forcast has isolated thunderstorms wed & thurs, sunny Friday to, well, next Thursday. :D

Sorry, but at the last minute I have to bail out. :cry

Damn, sounds like it's going to be a great weekend.

Have fun, all.
  9. Road Rash

Road Rash Infamous Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well Fireground, you can always head across the creek and do the ride that you missed out on last Saturday, did we get the place your staying at in any of the pictures?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Fireground

Oddometer:
    Nope. Not far enough east. Needed to get a picture of the hill above the East End Mooring Basin. I'll have some up soon.
  11. wachs

Oddometer:
    there might be fuel in Frenchglen but Fields and Denio have it for sure. We are gassing up at Christmas valley and then Plush and that should get us there.

Dang - no Motoplaner or Fireground - oh well, there's always the fall trip!
  12. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    So it is official, Dave. I'm gladly accepting your invitation for me to join your group. I'll PM you to ask for directions to Tumalo.

Motoplaner and Fireground, too bad you can't make it. Motoplaner, wasn't it yours the Duth(man?) Mt report and a visit to your brother's resting place last year? If so, that was an inspiring report, pitty you can't make it on this trip. Fireground, best wishes on your visit to your family in Astoria! Let's keep in touch. I'll be in Juneau in August.

Later doods
    Cesar

13. wibby

wibby BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer:
    Shit! shit! shit!

No tire yet!

All else fails I guess I could truck the DR all the way over there and back :puke1
    (I'd have to change my avatar though):wink:
  14. idahojoe

idahojoe shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    Daisey and I have a request
    Would it be possible for one of you kind folk who are travelling in a pick up to bring us a case of good beer. I have space for whiskey, but not beer. I will gladly pay middle of nowhere prices for your help.
    Also is anyone bringing a bar b que grill, it will help me plan my meal menu.
    Thank you
    Joe
    ps. I know there is beer in fields, but I need some friday night
  15. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    Damn I'm sure going to miss out on seeing Daisy :cry Oh and you too Idaho Joe :D but I must spend my time (and money) getting ready for the Colorado Rally.
    Joe, you and Daisy have an open invitation to come to Oregon City or to the north Oregon coast, both have some great riding. Let me know, anytime.

PS could somebody please get me a picture of Daisy? :rabia
  16. wachs

Oddometer:

HA! that's gonna be one expensive case of Hamm's!!!!!
  17. idahojoe

idahojoe shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    Oddly enough Hamms is my beer of choice (as Road Rash can attest to). However, Daisy prefers Skinny Dip, or some other "quality" brew. Beggers can't be choosers.
  18. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    Please don't say Daisy and "skinny dip" in the same sentence :1drink hey look, a Hamms
    [​IMG]
  19. RECON

RECON Guit Sum

Oddometer:
    Didn't know Plush was much of a town, and even has gas! Sweet, thanks for the info!

What time you guys leaving Tumalo? Our routes seem almost identical so might see you along the way, probably just your dust, but that counts, doesn't it!? :D
  20. wachs

Oddometer:
    Yo RECON - we're going to leave my place at 7am - head out china hat and take the left to pine mt, to green mt lookout, to christmas valley. we'll look for ya.