Ann Arbor area (SE Michigan)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by satuple22, May 19, 2019.

1. rubberband

rubberband Will ride for tacos

Oddometer:
    Local as well... missed the above ride... was South running the KAT Oct 3-7... next time I'll be there.

IMG_3242.JPG
    pmillar and fastdadio like this.
  2. pmillar

pmillar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Shoot - wish I had found this thread before I sold my plated TTR250 a few years back.

For road bikes, I ride my '73 Guzzi now for longer rides. Most of the time I bop between home and A2 or Dexter (I live in between in Loch Alpine) on a Vespa. The old sport bike (original owner '97 Suzuki TLS) has been parked in my basement for a few years since a speeding ticket on Huron River Dr. Besides, it's difficult to (safely) enjoy a sport bike around here... especially after living in socal for many years.

Anyhow - everyone enjoy what's left of the season. This week has been nice. FWIW, I pretty much just ride mountain bike trails this time of year. (DTE trails north of Chelsea are excellent for anyone that's interested... just be prepared for some climbs on anything aside from the green trail)

Pete
  3. rubberband

Oddometer:
    Gonna a be pretty darn nice on Sunday the 20th... just saying...
  4. Jmarkwolf

Jmarkwolf Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Agreement here.

I plan to ride both Saturday and Sunday.

I'll stop by the Pinckney Train Depot (on D-19 a few blocks north of downtown Pinckney) Sunday at noon and see if anyone shows up.

Could do the same Saturday for anyone that can't make it Sunday.

I'll be on my DR650.
    rubberband likes this.
  5. fastdadio

fastdadio Still gettin faster

Oddometer:
    I'm feeling ya.
    :photog
  6. fastdadio

Oddometer:
    I'm wiring my back garage. Trenched 100 ft and laid the cable today. I just have to tie in the panels, so should wrap it up tomorrow. Which means Sunday looks good. If I can still move. Feeling pretty sore right now. I'm getting too old to be holding the dumb end of a trenching shovel.
  7. Dfrnt

Dfrnt Just pluggin' along Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ll meet you on Sunday on my Versys 300.
  8. fastdadio

Oddometer:
    I'm in. Hey Chris, you going?
  9. rubberband

Oddometer:
    I'm a maybe... Wife wants to go out and ride as well, and that does not happen often enough. If so we'll be out and about at a slower pace on same/similar roads. If she bails, I'll be with you all lowering the group IQ by double digits.
  10. fastdadio

Oddometer:
    I know what you mean. I'm trying to get Tammy to go too. Maybe we should get these two together. You could just start out with us, and if it's too much, just break off and do your own thing. Last time I rode with @Jmarkwolf, we rode like a couple old ladies....So there's that.
    :beer
  11. Jmarkwolf

Jmarkwolf Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We had a pretty good turn out at the Pinckney Train Depot. See pic below.

5 of us all together. Nobody wanted to be identified. Something about their pictures already hanging at the post office.

We made our way to Dansville via nearly all dirt roads. Some of the party departed in Dansville, the rest of us had a snack at the Wooden Nickel. We made our way back via the scenic route. A great time was had by all.

The leaves are beginning to turn, but there is still plenty of green on the trees. If the weather holds out there might still be time for a ride or two yet this season.

20OCT19_meet_at_Pinckney_train_depot.jpg
    fastdadio likes this.
  12. Dfrnt

Dfrnt Just pluggin' along Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had a good time. Thanks for posting the pic.
  13. fastdadio

Oddometer:
    Yup, lot's better than tearing up the lawn with a trencher. Not many days like that left.
  14. rubberband

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the time I had to ride with you all. Was back home by 2:20, gathered the wife and headed back out. Headed north /west in hopes of running back into you all... did find abandoned golf area, just south of 96
    59F7CB30-3C8D-4CF0-81B4-40D7CF0F39EB.jpeg 97C3A81F-D2FA-477A-9287-8699A2190A97.jpeg AF1BBB88-69ED-49BF-AFD4-71BDF506E1A8.jpeg
    fastdadio likes this.
  15. Branchbuster

Branchbuster Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Last time I went out for a gathering with Fastadio I just about got killed by a pickup truck driver in Brooklyn, MI back in 2012. I was living in Mason at the time so all those roads were my backyard then. Up in Branch ,Michigan in Lake Co. now. Plenty of great roads up here. Still riding same bike I got hit on and also have a 2013 KTM EXC500.See some hilly country up here...gat away from the flatlands...
  16. fastdadio

Oddometer:
    I remember that. Wait, wut? Did you change your avatar from Buls4ever, aka Jeff? Or am I cornfused and having an olde timers moment?
  17. Branchbuster

Oddometer:

Yes, It is Branchbuster now. Moved to Branch in 2015, and I do bust off an occasional Branch.... So. How are you doing ? Your memory is still good. Now the roads have numbers like FR5196 instead of names. Live right dead in the middle of the Manistee National Forest.
  18. fastdadio

Oddometer:
    I'm doing good. Health is good for an old duffer, and I'm crunching numbers to see if I can retire in the spring. Still riding as much as possible too. Sold the KTM 400 and bought a pristine '04' DRZ, which is perfect for the way I'm riding these days. (a lot less single track) Do you still migrate to NM when the snow flies?
  19. Branchbuster

Oddometer:

Yes I still go to NM from Jan 3- May 15 each year. Get my desert riding in part of the year, trees and lakes the rest. You will like retirement, especially if you ride in other states and just keep busy. I actually sold a DRZ 400 to buy the EXC 500 in 2013. It has been a great bike. As for riding, I pretty much stick to 2 tracks nowadays as well. Also gravel roads, twisty blacktop. Been doing some "Rallies" like the LooseNut to ride in some other states as well.Fun to see other places.