1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Another alternator hits the dust and not under warranty

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by C5!, Jul 11, 2011.

1. BBohemian

BBohemian Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ElectroSport stator and SH775 r/r is good combo.

SH847 regulator is just too big to deal with. At the moment, someone from AZ is selling genuine SH775 on eBay for $100 shipped (which is $50+ less u would pay to Polaris if buying directly from them)...

You will also a harness to put it all together. Jack at RoadsterCycle sells super-harness that u can use. He can also get SH775 still, if u don’t want to take chances on eBay and don’t mind paying retail. He is a really good guy and very helpful.

Edit: the above opinion is based on my install on 2009 F800GS. I’d not put OEM back in.
  2. xcuzzi

xcuzzi n00b

Oddometer:
    I replaced the battery and noticed later that it was not charging. I checked battery voltage and it did not increase when the motor was running. After reading some (not all !) of this posting I ordered the Electrotec stator and installed it. The cover came off easy. The hardest part was disconnecting the stator wiring at the plug. BMW did a great job of hiding that. Also, I used silicone gasket maker because the gasket came apart and it did not look like there was any oil in that space anyway . . . when I got it back together, there was pretty significant oil leak from the top of the case, sooo . . . I looked up the gasket on the MAX BMW parts fiche and called San Diego BMW. Stunner, they had it "in stock' so I am headed there to pick up the gasket right now. My F800GS is a 2010. This stator lasted 62K miles, and I did NOT change the regulator rectifier.
    scarygary and =o&o> like this.