Another Journey of Solace

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by DaBinChe, Jun 27, 2021.

1. CMS

CMS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    DaBinChe, You are the man , win ,lose or draw . Thanks for the updates . Great coverage . This may be the closest I get to the actual ride , but it's great. cms
  2. KansasKawboy

KansasKawboy KK

Oddometer:
    That could have been so much worse, glad you are mostly okay.
    Rusty J and dp064 like this.
  3. Zamdrang

Zamdrang Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sleeping in an abandoned motel and going down on a gravel road... Sounds like one hell of a day! Glad your OK. Coming through my town any time, I work out of town dammit...or I'd keep my eye out and get some pics of you guys coming through
    steved57 and dp064 like this.
  4. ROAD DAMAGE

ROAD DAMAGE Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sleeping in an abandoned motel and rolling ass over teakettle down a gravel road ............................................................................... sorta sounds like an average weeknight in college to me! :freaky :yikes :lol3

Looks like you're doing great according to the leaderboard.
    Are you content with your performance so far?
    Try not to use that Revit gear for anything other than a weather protection layer from here on out .......... m'kay. :p3rry :D

I've got a ton of questions so far, but I'm saving them until you're finished with the ride.
    Again, THANKS for taking us along.
    RD
  5. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Day 8 SCBR:
    The hotel I booked got cancelled on me, third one I think, but they never called or corresponded. I got there and they said a pipe had busted and can't taking any one, second hotel that told me that including tonight but tonight called me in advance so I booked another. So got a good hotel last night around the corner. But had a hard time sleeping. I'm a side sleeper and my left side was in too much pain to lay on, each time I rolled to the left I would wake up. Alarm went off at the usual time but I just lay in bed for almost an hour before getting up. Felt really beat up today. Skipped breakfast cause of the late rise. Didn't get going until about 7:30am. Boy do I feel really sore today. I was also very sleepy too, for the whole day, almost fell asleep a few time coming into corner hot. There was a short section of dirt and every bump was agonizing to my whole body. It is like when you already have a big bruise and bump that spot hard again, but the whole body. I was sore and stiff for most the day and couldn't ride very well, reaction and reflexes were much slower and delayed...kinda like being drunk. After the short dirt section was one of the funnest rewarding canyon carving I have ever ridden. Nine Mile Canyon, it went on for what seemed like forever! Weather was kinda warm with scattered showers, I end up just missing them. But they kept the temps down. The last couple hours my body loosened up a little and was able to ride better. Got to the end early today. Ended up doing three tire changes for folks, all by hand with a few tires spoons. This is kinda a service I offer for the SCBR folks, my way of pitching in to this voluntary group of folks. Got dinner and gonna hit the sack early tonight.
    Starting milage:
    B93EE5AB-D2EA-4C4D-81E4-93D122FAB240.jpeg
    steved57, klaviator, rexbro and 23 others like this.
  6. Bama67

Bama67 Comfort is for cars

Oddometer:
    You are a badass man, and possibly insane.

Keep it up!
    klaviator likes this.
  7. Zamdrang

Zamdrang Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad you found something to sleep on besides an abandoned hotel this time! Trooper for carrying on. Yes on 9 mile, been it on it on my Trail 125, not far from me, great road.

Curious how you did climbing out of Helper up to the Scofield turn off, have considered it on the Trail, but people have the hammer down on the stretch road. One of Utah's main highways. Surprised they took the route that way actually.
  8. dp064

dp064 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

Good on you for being so willing to help others.. one of the things I really like most about the M/C community (regardless of bike type, most usually are ready to problem solve or wrench).
  9. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have no idea which is which I just followed googlemaps.
  10. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Day 9 SCBR:
    Got a old run down motel with a ok restaurant, cheaper. Had another hard to sleep night, still can't lay on my left side and my ribs actually hurts now instead of just felling really sore. Got breakfast this time, went two previous days without it. It was surprisingly warm, but still cool this morning. Lots of mountain passes that got me chilled. Just a fast short day today with some twist over the mtn. passes. Got warm in the afternoon but still bearable. Body feels much looser.
    Road side sun flowers in Utah:
    8CEA9171-8CFB-4268-8EB1-F69498503250.jpeg
    steved57, klaviator, rexbro and 24 others like this.
  11. Zamdrang

Zamdrang Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Imagine it's all a bit blurry after that many days on the road. Helper to the Scofield reservoir turn would have been the big climb not long after 9 mile.
  12. MaineScoot

MaineScoot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Must be tough dealing with the smoke today. They’ve got to be close to the finish right now.
  13. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like our intrepid adventurer is abt 3mi from the Finish Line.
    :thumb:thumb
    villageidiot likes this.
  14. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    NSFW, AVPU, klaviator and 14 others like this.
  15. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    binh is the peoples champ.

rode all the way.... double cannonball style.
  16. Salth2ofish

Salth2ofish Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congratulations Ben!!’ You are a tough guy. You are an inspiration to us all. And we get to experience most of the country through you reporting,pics, and YouTube videos. Glad you made it. Will see how the points shake out to see where you ranked? #1 in my book.
    8000 miles in less than 3 weeks. On a cub. Skills man,skills. Congrats again! Now go get you some sleep. Although, you’ll still be riding in your sleep, jumping up to. Avoid road hazards etc.
  17. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Day 10 SCBR:
    Woke up kinda leisurely today and had breakfast. Fires in NorCal so the route was modified around it, just about the same mileage. Started to ride fast again today, since the crash I had slowed down considerably, body was just so stiff. Back into my home state and lane splitting. Lots of road construction today. Smoke wasn't too bad, from afar it looked worst then it actually is. It was very cool and even cold at some spots, only warm place was the central valley. It was very cold in the smokey area. Hit one of my all time favorite roads, HWY36, one of the longest continuous twisty there is. Shifter side peg got bent downwards from the other day's crash so wasn't able corner as hard today. Unfortunately the SC's pegs don't fold back unlike most all other bikes I know. Also had the worst pot hole road I have ever been on...it was worst than all the dirt/gravel road previously. It has been a fun SCBR, longest one yet, and will probably never be this length again. I have one more day of riding tomorrow so riding is not quite over for me.
    Starting mileage:
    9739C689-F576-47D9-8D94-D0F7D48B888F.jpeg

HWY 36 from the central valley to the coast.
    CACAB398-4DAB-46A6-A704-43CF7DF8C843.jpeg
  18. Salth2ofish

Salth2ofish Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congrats and thank you for taking us along!!!
  19. Achtung

Achtung Wicked Pisssah Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the updates. What a great ride report!
  20. minimac

minimac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for taking us along for the journey, Binh. Amazing! Especially riding all the way to the start, just to turn around and ride all the way back. Not only finishing, but finishing well!
    Major Taylor, wetwider, dp064 and 3 others like this.