1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Another newbie question

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Nitzo, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Nitzo

Nitzo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok, I've downloaded the newest version of Mapsource, Google earth.......

I think I have the right stuff.

Question is: How do I upload some of my GPS tracks to the site? I have a pretty decent ride around the Daytona area for those who may be coming down for bike week. It is all hard pavement, but as of now, I'm only a street rider. So, if interested, its not a bad ride.

Also, I downloaded the free version of Google Earth, is it worth purchasing the other? What are the advantages of the paid version?

Thanks

TJ
  2. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    Hey TJ

If you search in layin' down tracks for google earth I'm sure you'll find the details, I read it here a few days back. Here's my short answer: Save your track as a .gpx file then do a file open from google earth and there it is.

Cheers

Fin
  3. Nitzo

Nitzo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Fin, I guess I wasn't clear on what I was trying to ask. I don't have a problem using google earth or viewing the files there. What I needed to know is how do I upload files to this website so other can use and view them.

Thanks again,

TJ
  4. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    Ohhhhhh! Now I get it. You just reply to a thread or start a new one, whatever, then click on the paper clip icon above the text. That opens a window that says "upload file from your computer" click on browse, locate and select it, then click upload and close the window. Then you just submit your msg and it's over.

Cheers TJ

Fin
  5. Nitzo

Nitzo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Fin, I had tryed this before I posted and it didn't work........I figured out what was wrong, get this, this is how smart I am.......it wouldn't open because my pop-up blocker was stopping it, how stupid am I....lol.

Anyway, works fine now, thanks again for the help.

TJ