Anti Vibration Risers for the 790 Adv S?

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Chojin, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Chojin

Chojin n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm looking at purchasing the Rox Speed Anti-Vibe risers (1R-AV2SEK) when I take delivery of my 790 Adventure next week, does anyone know if these will be compatible?

I'm mainly worried about the clearance from the original bar position - these risers need at least 1" of space.

If not, are there any other anti-vibe measures such as fashioning your own rubber inserts etc?

Thanks!

Dan.
  2. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wonder if the BRP Sub-Mount (without the stabilizer) would fit on this bike? Really cuts out the vibs on my 690.
  3. ssmv650

ssmv650 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just installed the BRP handle bar mount on my 790. I even started with the red isolators (installed by the factory). From a 2 hour ride on last Saturday the vibrations seem to be reduced by 50% with the Red isolators. I will be installing the blue ones this week to try them. I can say the vibes seem to be different what does still get through the bars dose not seem to bother my hands as much. I am hyper sensitive to vibes in my hands. I thought I might have to sell the bike before this addition. Much happier with the BRP mount.

Its why I sold my super tenere.

SSMV650 Andrew
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  4. Chojin

Chojin n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the replies - Are BRP in the US only? I may have to import them into the UK, not a massive problem if they actually work.

I've also bought a set of Grip Puppies at the reasonable price of £14. Got to be worth a try at that price.
  5. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you can purchase leadshot in the UK pouring about 1 to 1.5lbs of it into the handlebars might be all you need. Calmed down vibes on the 690 I had. Not fancy but cheap and invisible.
  6. Chojin

Chojin n00b

Oddometer:
  7. Chojin

Chojin n00b

Oddometer:
    Are you able to link me to the ones you bought that fit? Thaaaaaaaaaanks!
  8. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep. That's it.
  9. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    I did notice handlebar vibes when I bought the bike. After putting on the Scotts (mount has vib damper), I don't notice it. Could be the Scotts or the engine getting smoother with breakin.