Antifreeze and oil don't MIX

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by 117DRIVER, Oct 1, 2005.

1. 117DRIVER

117DRIVER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Gang,

Wanted to go for a ride today to explore my new area. Started the bike and got this feeling like I should check my oil before my ride.Good thing I did because it was frothy. I talked to several people and it may be a water pump seal or Head gasket. I'm glad I found it before the ride.Now I need a reliable dealer to work on it. I'm in Seaside OR right now but will travel for a great dealer. Any advice would be great. The bike is an 05.5 950 with 2700 miles.
    I did talk with Procaliber in Longview Are they any good?

Please call I'll be away from the net

Thanks
    ALAN

614 499 6330
  2. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter. Supporter

Oddometer:
    What makes you think it's coolant mixed in there? Was the cooling system low? If you take short trips with the bike you will get condensation build up in the oil that will make it look like it's mixed when it is just condensation.
  3. dagwood

dagwood Banned

Oddometer:
    ProCalibre, Longview used to be a good KTM only independent before they were Pro Calibre, Longview
    If the same techs are still there they are. I not I would try the PC in Vancouver. they have sold allot of 950's (like a shitload of 950's actually) so I figure they have the time in on them.
    PC in Couve used to really suck but in the last couple years I've seen a change for the better. don't know why.

and yes frothing coolant is a good sign it's the water pump. it's not like it's uncommon on the 950. get it fixed on warrenty :deal
  4. Road Rash

Road Rash Infamous Supporter

Oddometer:
    Steve Prokop in Dundee, great place for KTM's or BMW's
  5. 117DRIVER

117DRIVER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info guys I'll let you know what the vedict is.