Antigravity Batteries Labor Day Weekend Specials!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Antigravity, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Antigravity

Antigravity Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone. Just wanted to be sure to let you all know about the great specials we'll be running this weekend. Whether you're on the hunt for a new battery for your bike or maybe even your car or if you've been looking to get a Micro-Start jump starter for a little added security we've got you covered. Coupon codes listed below. As always thanks for being our customers and have a great weekend of riding!
    Camp.jpg
  2. diverjim

diverjim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank You so much for the Discount
    I received the XP-3 and it is exactly what I wanted.
    I put the quick connect cables on the battery today.
    I can hardly wait to have a dead battery.
    I also wanted to thank you for the free gift.
    Excellent products and great service.
  3. Antigravity

Oddometer:

Glad you like it.... thanks for the comments!
  4. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    @Antigravity, any plans to offer a battery suitable for the 2018+ Africa Twin?
  5. Antigravity

Oddometer:
  6. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    The 2018+ comes with an OEM Lithium battery and it's not a standard case size. Nobody offers a non-OEM replacement that I have been able to find. The information about the OEM battery is linked below.

https://www.eliiypower.co.jp/english/vc-files/pdf/pdf_eng/20180308_Release.pdf
  7. Antigravity

Oddometer:
    Ok I see what they are doing... they did that for the MX bikes as well, use a non-standard size... The battery for the CR450 is like $400 dollars. Its total boloney to make these proprietary sizes.. but many companies do this as another revenue stream. Let me double check that sizing and see if we offer anything close.
  8. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Yes, in order to save their customers some money, the local Honda dealership has been stearing owners of Honda dirt bikes with the OEM lithium battery to aftermarket options that while they may not be the same case size, they do fit. This option doesn't seem possible for the '18+ Africa Twin. Once owners of these bikes start needing replacement batteries there is an opportunity for someone in the aftermarket battery business as the new OEM battery will cost someone between $500-$600 bucks depending on if they get it local or online.
  9. Antigravity

Oddometer:
    Yes, and the fact is they are only giving 6 real Amp Hours.... for $500-600 bucks. That is crazy costs. You can buy our Automotive Battery with 24Amp Hours and WIRELESS built-in Jump Starting for just over $600 dollars, and it has a Keyfob that wirelessly will control the Battery if you over-discharge it. So we'll look into this. If we can find they use this battery in several models it makes it more worthwhile for us since the tooling is very expensive to make a new Battery size. But I assume they will be using this Battery across many models in the future so that is good and give us more incentive to make it.
  10. Antigravity

Oddometer:
    Is there any chance you can get me a picture of the how tight the fit is with the current ATwin battery?
  11. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    I can try to do that this evening. I know there isn't much space on any side of the battery.
  12. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Here is a picture. Whether the picture is clear enough to portray it or not, the fit is pretty close. Maybe 3mm of movement in each direction.
    DSC_0767.JPG
  13. RailwayRog

RailwayRog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Friday The 13th/Full Moon sale?
    Didn't think so.
  14. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?
    Anything?
  15. Antigravity

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately no, we actually did the drawing and pre-tooling for it, but because the Tooling is so expensive but the demand is very low right now we have not moved into tooling because we have to make minimum quantities of about 1000 pieces at a time, and the number of people calling is not so high at this time. But I think Honda is using that battery in more and more of thier bikes so it looks like we will be doing it but not until the end of the year.

As you may know on the earlier African twins it is a standardized size of our YTZ10, but HOnda switched to their own proprietary model size so that ATZ10 no longer works. Sorry about that all. We will move but just need to make sure we have enough sales to cover it and also make sure Honda doesn't change again then leave us with a battery size that no one uses. KTM did that with a proprietary size they used two years in the SXF Motorcross bikes.. then went back to the standardized size after 2 years. So that is why we are wary of when manufacturers change battery sizes to oddball sizes.
    neanderthal likes this.
  16. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?
    Thanks for the response mate. Woke up to a dead battery this morning and mine's a 2018.
    I didn't feel like getting raped for a replacement so I looked around and found this and Batteries and Bulbs. It's AGM.

It seems to start the bike with less authority than the factory battery did. We will see how long it lasts.

IMG_20200413_123100575.jpg [/I]
  17. Antigravity

Oddometer:
    Is that the same size as the HOnda battery? It looks Like and YTZ5 size which would not have as many amp hours I think... but regardless, gotta do what you gotta do. Amp hours are important if you have more accessories and such. But your good with whatever will fit in there.