1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Antique motorcycles...30 years and older.. lets see what you have in the stable?

Discussion in 'Photos' started by casey sohc, Apr 11, 2016.

1. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    And in another 31 years, it will have 10200 miles on it???
    What a shame....
    BertieBassett likes this.
  2. MedicAndy

MedicAndy It's not always easy being me!

Oddometer:
    I guess that is one way to look at it...., however; I still will be able to appreciate her in 31 years from now (if I'm still around) with her being almost still in "like new" condition. I don't need to ride every bike I have to enjoy them. There are plenty of the Le Mans bikes out there with 30-100k miles on them, but not that many with 5K or less. I have several bikes that I only ride a handful of miles per year just so that everything stays lubed and to keep the carbs from clogging up. Sometimes I like to restore older bikes just for the purpose of looking at them when they are done. But, I do have other newer bikes that I regularly ride. So, I like to think that some people in years to come will not say "What a shame", but instead say "We are so glad that someone preserved these good looking rides for us to appreciate. :-)
  3. shupe

shupe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My oldy. 76 FLH.
    [​IMG]
  4. RodT

RodT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's my 1969 AT1-M Yamaha IMG_0006.JPG
  5. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My '73 Yamaha AT-3 125 with my '97 American daughter:

[​IMG]
    Hannda, Tanger, Snapper33 and 10 others like this.
  6. Arkwright

Arkwright Grumpy ole Git

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

!982 and much molested!

[​IMG]

!981, not quite so molested!
  7. bomose

bomose Long timer

Oddometer:
    My '82 Eddie Lawson Replica. I used to ride it everywhere. But, with almost 100k on it, only to special events now.
    DSCN3503.jpgadj.jpg DAVID RACES 5.jpg 58-20 (Large).jpg P1050578.JPG
  8. casey sohc

casey sohc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. bomose

bomose Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's amazing, but I only got one speeding ticket. For doing 70 in a 55 out in the middle of nowhere in Utah in 1985. Should have had 100s more. Got plenty of warnings. Just lucky, I guess.
    SmittyBlackstone and casey sohc like this.
  10. mariobac

mariobac MarioBac

Oddometer:
    Honda 125, year 1979. original 100 %. DSCN3447.JPG
  11. Wandering Dane

Wandering Dane We are the luckiest guys Supporter

Oddometer:
    Guzzi at age 40 year this year, owned it 9 years. Nominally an 850-T3 with a 1000 Convert engine, LeMans brakes, Tarozzi rearsets and other modifications:

[​IMG]

There seems to be some linking issues with Smugmug, here are another couple of shot of the same bike:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    chazbird, Snapper33, ullukk and 11 others like this.
  12. smack doogle

smack doogle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My '83 GPZ550.

I always wanted one and over the winter I found this lil gem neglected but cheap. Fixed up now it is so much fun to ride and while it's probably the closest I'll ever get to owning a cruiser, right now it's my only bike so it is commuter, tourer, adventure, track day bike.

[​IMG]
  13. CPORet

CPORet I Am Kirok!

Oddometer:
    FBR - sorry to nit-pick you on this one, but I believe that's a 75 DT125B. I've got a 74 I'm restoring, and mechanically it's identical. The differences
    between the 74-76 were paint colors & graphics. In 77, Yamaha made bigger cosmetic changes, such as the seats and tanks were narrower. Also, the
    turn signals in 77 where black plastic. The chrome rear turn signals were $$$ in the late 70's. I can't remember how many I destroyed. Also, if you're
    looking for parts, I've got a few websites saved where you can still find some stuff.
  14. twowings

twowings Comfortably Numb... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Drool! Very nice....
  15. brownricer

brownricer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    brIMG_3204.JPG
    Latest photo of my cherished '82 GL500i... I've put over 40K on it since I bought it in summer of '14. It's my first and only(so far) bike; daily driver, and a sort of ongoing resto-mod project. Markland crash bars and trunk extender (which it did not come with), cheap "Daytona" style bars replaced the awful buckhorns, and the silver fairing is not original; came off a GL1100 by way of a GL650. So far I've upgraded the MC and brake lines, installed an LED headlight, dropped a GL650 clutch and top gear in it, upgraded the rear wheel bearings, and tidied up the electrics a bit. Headers are single-wall aftermarket jobs... I don't much like them, but the original ones were coming apart, they were so badly rusted... and these were real cheap. Replaced the H-box with a new unit, too, when I did the headers.
    No real problems so far, unless you count two speedo cable failures, stator failure, damage to rear splines due to O-ring failure, and failure of most of the other rubber parts, LOL. The legendary "gullypump" engine is a stalwart little beast. Keep the carbs clean, fresh oil, regular valve adjustments, and it seems like it will outlive me.
    I replaced the cam chain and rear seals when it finally started leaking coolant at about 40K miles. The stator that failed was actually a new one that I put in during that session; it barely lasted 20K miles. Old one was fine; should have left it alone. But it received a better new stator last winter, and it's doing great, even running grip heaters, GPS, and charging port.
    This bike is a little rusty and crusty, but rugged and easy to work on (cheap, too). These "Chickenwings" perform and handle a lot better than they look; I really enjoy riding it in any environment. It's an excellent all-year, all-weather all-rounder, and when I finally get another (probably much newer) machine for commuter duty, she will get a complete teardown and further rejuvenation. Might even finally paint everything so it all matches, LOL.
  16. HighTechCoonass

HighTechCoonass Living the Dream....

Oddometer:
    1966 BMW R50
    [​IMG]
  17. bomose

bomose Long timer

Oddometer:
    What year is that? A friend has a '58, but not in that good of condition.
  18. Fstwheels

Fstwheels Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    image.jpeg
    '77 R100/7 (kind of), I built this in '84 at Ozzie's while working in his shop. California Sidecar frame, Heddingham leading link. Just a dirt hack with 165k.

image.jpeg
    '85'K100RS, with EML Sport since new. Now with 82k.

image.jpeg '83 R80ST with 135k on the clock. I unpacked this bike from the crate and have done all of the maintenance since new.

Attached Files:

norton73, Snapper33, bar-low and 6 others like this.
  19. phaserburn

phaserburn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my 1983 gl1100 I I rebuilt in 2008 while in college. Taken this one on my trips and even with 67k on the clock and a 2015 Super10 in the garage, I like riding this one the most. Just feels right and smooooooth.
  20. middleage crazy

middleage crazy When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

Oddometer:
    1983 Kawasaki Gpz 550. I bought this 9 years ago for my birthday present when I turned 36. Stator got fried two years ago but I'll have it up and running this year. :-) 20160416_115802.jpg