1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

any adv riders in southern il?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by jonny cash, Jan 28, 2005.

1. jonny cash

jonny cash LEGEND

Oddometer:
    looking for adv rides in southern il, in, or western ky region
  2. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:
    :dunno:lurk
  3. Cauldron

Cauldron Now in DESMODROMIC!

Oddometer:
    I live about 5 hours north of Paducah KY., My parents live in Golcaona IL.(about half an hour north of Paducah) I like riding in the area. Lots to do and see. I would love to talk some of the guys from Chicago into riding the area one weekend.
    Are you looking for someone to ride with, or just wondering who's close?
  4. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:

Hey, catch a clue. Do you know anyone that really likes Johnny Cash? Someone that may want to mess with someone that didn't make it to Chain's?
    :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
  5. sstodvictory

sstodvictory Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've ridden in S. IL & IN and W. KY a few times and I too would like to ride more in that area. I'm not from there and I don't know the routes, but I'll come down from Cerro Gordo (central IL) for a weekend of exploring. I ride a dual sported XR. My previous trips were on an airhead GSPD and I remember exploring two-track dirt roads in the Shawnee Natl Forest that are probably closed now. I can do it any weekend after March 1. I can be reached either through here or by Emailing me at the xrdualsport site webmaster address.

Steve
  6. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    We missed you at Chain's this weekend. I'm sure you will have another oportunity this spring.
    Watch this forum for more. :D
  7. sstodvictory

sstodvictory Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads-up. I haven't forgotten and I do plan to join up on some rides with you guys. I'm not available untill March 1st because my insurance policy is comp.- and theft-only from Dec through Feb.

Steve
  8. jonny cash

jonny cash LEGEND

Oddometer:
    i am looking to meet some people that do this type of riding. been riding strictly steet for last 15 years. only a couple of guys in my area with these types of bikes. i live in harrisburg, which is the gateway to shawnee national. would be interested in rides in central il as well as anywhere there is good riding. and i really do like johnny cash
  9. Machineman

Machineman Captain Ray

Oddometer:
    I'm out of the St. Louis area. Edwardsville, IL to be exact. I get to So. Il occasionally. Riding and camping usually. I try to get down to Arkansas a couple of times a year, great riding there. Next time you head out this direction let me know.
  10. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:

Welcome to the site MM. :wave You ought to come on over to the Euro Motor Union meeting at the Sports Page in Dupo every 1st Tuesday evening of the month. We consistently bring in around 50+ riders for tire kicking and tellin lies. I'm prolly going to bring my camera next month and take pics of all the different bikes that show up, so I can do a report here in the central forum. All brands and all ages are welcome. :thumb
  11. Machineman

Machineman Captain Ray

Oddometer:
    Sounds like the gang I've been looking for. I'll try to make the next get together. Is that March 1st?
  12. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Are you sure you aren't Mutineer's new n00b messing with Buzzez since he missed the snow ride? I you aren't Mut, it sure is an amazing coincidence.
  13. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:
    :thumb :nod
  14. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:

Is there something you know:uhoh Pilot? :ear
  15. crosscountry

crosscountry Bear went over Mountain

Oddometer:
    I live just east and a little south of you on I64. I ride up by Edwardsvill pretty often.

I'm starting a camping trip down in SW Missouri for some buddies of mine and members from another group. I love it down there.

16. Machineman

Machineman Captain Ray

Oddometer:
    Keep me posted on your plans. If you are open to another rider, I might be interested in joining the ride. Let me know the next time you are by Edwardsville. I live about two miles from SIUE and can take a quick trip out to Cheauteau Island. Some interesting riding out there.
  17. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Just going by Mutineer's avatar. He's a big time Johnny Cash fan, don't you know. It just looked like something he would do. He's probably wishing he had.
    :evil
  18. crosscountry

crosscountry Bear went over Mountain

Oddometer:
    The weather isn't so good this week, but some time I'll be near Edwardsville, I'll send you a message then.

19. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Johnny, I live in Mt. Vernon, Illinois-----I'm in the Shawnee forest most any weekend I don't go to Missouri----or Indiana--or Kentucky---or Mexico. Give me a holler. I was just riding circles around Harrisburg yesterday and you can read about that here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68835

I didn't go thru Harrisburg as I here there is no mud there I heard

:rofl
    [​IMG]
  20. EnduroJoe

EnduroJoe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Machineman, I'm not far from you, here in St Jacob. Can you still ride on Cheauteau Island? I heard things changed when they put the bicycle trail through.